Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[New Development] - Texas Licensing and Reg. No Drug Testing For Pac/Clottey At All

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
    Ellerbee said this in November of 09
    Everyone can say I'll fight this guy or that guy but what matter's most is when the fight get signed and I'm glad Floyd took the fight (it took weeks though to sign it) but it was never really planned and Floyd had no other option other than Shane.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Team Pacquiao runs a very organized and detail-orientated training camp. Pac says he doesn't feel good for a day or so after getting blood drain. Whether you believe him or not, that has been his stance for a while. If you knew how they ran there training camp then you would know losing one day would be crucial and Roach didn't want that to happen. He has stated this and this has been their stance for a long time. I mean I could go into more details on how it would hurt Pac's camp and not Floyd's but you guys are gonna believe what you wanna believe so it's no point.

Pac went back into training a day after a blood test for one of his fights and he sparred real well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DE100 View Post
        The Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation won't be drug testing the boxers before and after their bout, a spokesman told the Daily News

Most state commissions have boxers submit to only urine tests before and after a fight. The Texas agency doesn't even do that. Its executive director, William Kuntz, can order a drug screen for boxers if there is "good cause." But Susan Stanford, a public information officer for the department, doesn't envision that happening for this fight, even though Pacquiao has come under increased scrutiny of late over the issue of performance-enhancing drugs. "At the present time, no drug testing will be required of the boxers," she told The News Thursday. "We don't see rumors as good cause. There is a medical examination before the fight, but that doesn't include drug testing."

Arum said he chose to stage the fight in Texas for the amenities, not the lack of drug testing. "I always assumed (that Texas) did drug testing, but I know for sure that the WBO insists on that," Arum said in a phone interview. "The reason the fight is in Texas is because it's in Cowboys Stadium, not because of the (lack of) drug testing."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...#ixzz0gdhpb9LS

So Im assuming that was the physical last week that Texas did if So the Philippine news had it wrong about it also being Tested for PED's.

The WBO will do one urine test after the fight though.
        this is very good news..it will clean pacs name which i want...im tired of hearing people call pac a steorids user....although i do wish he did take the 14
        day window that Floyd Jr offered..

Comment

• Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
          this is very good news..it will clean pacs name which i want...im tired of hearing people call pac a steorids user....although i do wish he did take the 14
          day window that Floyd Jr offered..

How will his name be "clean" when there are NO drugs tests for this fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by imscythe View Post
            Everyone can say I'll fight this guy or that guy but what matter's most is when the fight get signed and I'm glad Floyd took the fight (it took weeks though to sign it) but it was never really planned and Floyd had no other option other than Shane.
            Nahh that`s just wishful thinking from *******s.Floyd could have fought someone else and also Floyd have been calling out Mosley for years so you just making yourself look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by imscythe View Post
              Never really planned? Dude, you have been proven wrong. Just stop. They said they would fight him IF the Pac fight didn't happen. That is what we have now, Mayweather vs. Mosley.

2 Weeks to sign it though? Do you pay attention to boxing negotitations, they usually take time. They don't just say yes to each and then fight, they have to get contracts written and everything. You really nit picking about having to wait 2 weeks for it to get signed?

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post

How will his name be "clean" when there are NO drugs tests for this fight?

The WBO will drug test after the fight.

Do people on this website realize that every state has different set of rules when it comes to boxing? There are a number of states that don't drug test at all, Texas is one of them. So unless one of the organizations like WBO, WBA, etc. force drug tests (which they typically do for title fights most of the time) there aren't any drug tests, that includes Marquez vs Diaz, Diaz vs Paulie Malignaggi,etc etc, all fights in Texas (and other states).

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  The WBO will drug test after the fight.

Do people on this website realize that every state has different set of rules when it comes to boxing? There are a number of states that don't drug test at all, Texas is one of them. So unless one of the organizations like WBO, WBA, etc. force drug tests (which they typically do for title fights most of the time) there aren't any drug tests, that includes Marquez vs Diaz, Diaz vs Paulie Malignaggi,etc etc, all fights in Texas (and other states).
                  I realize that each state is different.

Comment

• The WBO will give the test that every other organization gives. Hooray.

Yes, there is no standard test in Texas. Hooray.

Yes, a popular athlete refused random drug testing. Hooray.

Cats will remain on his d*ck. Hooray.

Score one for the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                      It was a scheduled test meaning they knew it was coming, could take a day off and work their training camp around it. That is completely different than someone just randomly coming in at anytime and pulling you outta your camp to get tested.
                      You were doing good up until this point. Manny said he doesn't feel good for 3DAYS after getting blood drawn. Yet just the other day after getting his blood drawn 19 DAYS before the fight it is reported that the very NEXT DAY Manny was punishing sparring partners.

Please explain this switch all of a sudden??

Comment

Working...
                      X