Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Mayweather revisited : Joe Cortez won the fight for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    If the fight is 140 and in england then i had no doubt that what happen to kostya tszyu will happen to floyd.

Good call. Damn that Joe Cortez with his game fixing.

Comment

• Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
      The fight will have certainly ended with a TKO/KO win by Hatton if it werent for the the timely interfering by ref Cortez everytime Hatton seems to be taking Floyd where he wants him to be.

The referee should be at least honored by Floyd fans as he exerted extra effort in refereeing while at the same time making sure that Floyd can execute his plan.
      you are about as dumb as the guy in ya avitar looks

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
        you are about as dumb as the guy in ya avitar looks
        what's avitar?

Comment

• Well, not only cortez won the fight for Floyd. Floyd had all the advantages, cos he dont take no risks.
          He fought in his own backyard. His choice of weight. He talks to the ref about Hattons dirty tactics, so that the ref would miss Floyds nasty elbows. He almost made it a fight he couldnt lose, unless something really drastic happened in the fight.

If it was in Manchester, Hatton would have stuck to him like glue and hit him, while holding and he would have got away with everything, just like Floyd got away with everything in America.
          Floyd has been like this his whole career, or at least when he became established.

Comment

• While I do think it was a very poor job of officiating by Cortez, the outcome would have been the same, minus the TKO, most likely. Pacman got the battle worn Hatton and they both would have had their hands full with the one Tszyu went to war with, I gaurantee that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Well, not only cortez won the fight for Floyd. Floyd had all the advantages, cos he dont take no risks.
              He fought in his own backyard. His choice of weight. He talks to the ref about Hattons dirty tactics, so that the ref would miss Floyds nasty elbows. He almost made it a fight he couldnt lose, unless something really drastic happened in the fight.

If it was in Manchester, Hatton would have stuck to him like glue and hit him, while holding and he would have got away with everything, just like Floyd got away with everything in America.
              Floyd has been like this his whole career, or at least when he became established.
              This fight should have an asterisk. Obviously a lot of boxing fans saw how this fight was decided by the ref

Comment

• I feel very sorry for anyone who believes this crap, and my condolences go to your parents...

Since when is it okay to try to f**k your opponent? And for the record, the ref did the SAME EXACT THING during Pacquiao-Hatton. Every time Hatton got on the inside, he got pulled off. Why? Because your not supposed to clinch every 5 seconds! Your supposed to punch. Its a boxing match, not a wrestling match. Clinching is okay in some situations, but fighters like Hatton, Castillo and Andre Ward/Dirrell abuse it (I don't wanna hear any excuses for the Dirrell-Froch fight because he pulled the same crap against Stevens a few fights ago, and Stevens wasn't even a threat to him).

And Joe Cortez sure caused Mayweather to counter Hatton and make him run into the ropes (by the way Lazcano used that same technique when he fought him next. Did Cortez cause that?).

Grow up already...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  change it to dave parris and Mayweather gets beaten into the corner and kept there

if you go watch the first couple of rounds of Ruiz/Jones, Ruiz was fked over by the ref in the same way for the more marketable star Jones

yet we watch Calzaghe/Hopkins and the US name Hopkins is allowed to hold on all night, Calzaghe had to beat him and the ref.

Kessler/Ward, Billy Goat Ward is allowed to butt two massive holes above Kessler's eyes so he can't see for ****

The biggest US star always has the officials ref it to their advantage. I'm glad they took some of their own medicine when Froch got the decision over Dirrell, hope they enjoyed it and hope there's more to come in future to even up the balance.

And let's hope Mayweather's cowardice in not fighting Pac leads to more steroid exposures and proper testing in the sport so the likes of Jones and Mosley can be caught quicker next time.
                  Hey, stop right there. Yes, I agree that Cortez had a hand in how the Hatton-May fight went down, but there's no sense in throwing Jones under the bus for using over the counter 'Ripped Fuel' and putting him in the same category as Mosley who admitted to using banned steroid agents against Delahoya. That's simply not fair. Jones accomplished everything he did naturally and there has never been proof otherwise. Using over the counter suppliments to cut weight is NOT THE SAME AS USING A STEROID TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by soyotoyapex View Post
                    The fight will have certainly ended with a TKO/KO win by Hatton if it werent for the the timely interfering by ref Cortez everytime Hatton seems to be taking Floyd where he wants him to be.

The referee should be at least honored by Floyd fans as he exerted extra effort in refereeing while at the same time making sure that Floyd can execute his plan.
                    how does this ******ed comment make 12 pages?

Comment

• If that meanie Floyd wouldn't of kept hittin him with those clean shots especially that check hook, Hatton could of won.

Comment

Working...
                      X