No announcement yet.

With March 13 a few weeks away...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With March 13 a few weeks away...

With March 13 a few weeks away, do you think that Manny could have possibly been ready for a fight with Floyd? To be fair, do you think that Floyd would have been ready for Pac-Man?

Originally posted by VegasProspect View Post
    With March 13 a few weeks away, do you think that Manny could have possibly been ready for a fight with Floyd? To be fair, do you think that Floyd would have been ready for Pac-Man?
    I wonder if they would've asked questions like this in Sugar Ray Robinson's day.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I wonder if they would've asked questions like this in Sugar Ray Robinson's day.
      LOL, I know right. Those guys were fighting like every other week and made no excuses about it. What ever happened to the good old days?

Comment

Floyd was more then ready he was all set to go for the fight. Pac wasnt.

Comment

Honestly, I'm surprised by the response time. Anyway I think that it's for the best the fight didn't get made, because I'm fairly sure it would have benefited Floyd.

Comment

As a Pac fan, I don't believe he was. Going from fighting Cotto, his first real test at WW to Floyd is a gigantic task, especially after suffering a busted eardrum. All that, and you gotta study Floyd's style and be ready in 3 months? Nah, they needed more time.

Comment

mayweather yes

manny no

because manny needs 3 months to prepare due to the him having problems w/ counter punchers, but i do think manny can beat floyd.

Comment

Manny will never be ready for Floyd, a pure boxer is Pac's worse nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  LOL, I know right. Those guys were fighting like every other week and made no excuses about it. What ever happened to the good old days?
                  The thing that gets me, is it's their job and they are the best in the world at it.

Do they really need 22 weeks to prepare for something they did since they were 9.

Maybe they do.

Comment

What you have to understand though is that times have changed. Competition in sports is quite frankly not the same as it in those days. I don't think any fighter could fight like SRR did nowadays at an elite level and not get burnt-out.

Comment

Working...
                    X