I still can't get over it. Froch-Dirrell: Biggest Boxing Robbery Of 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cleaner147 View Post
    robbery...hell no. close fight... jup.
    It was not close. See the video my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
      I had it 114-113 for Dirrel. It could have gone either way depending how the judges looked at it. The judges scoring it 115-112 for Froch maybe went a little far.
      Which rounds you gave to Froch? You do realize he was outlanded every single round (every one) and he was the only one hurt during the fight, right? How did he win those rounds? Chest hair rubbing on the opponent's face (aka in NBS as heart) or by body slamming?

Why will people make up scores and don't even bother to watch the fight?!
      Last edited by Allucard; 02-19-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
        funeka vs guzman?

I think so..

Funeka.. should have won that fight. .and is the biggest robbery of 2009..

Comment

Originally posted by cleaner147 View Post
          robbery...hell no. close fight... jup.
          This..! You can't expect going to a foreign country to steal a belt fighting backwards avoiding the fight trying to potshot your way to a belt. Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
            This is boxingscene.

I showed the self-control by reigning myself in from saying he fell over 10,000 times. I limited my exaggeration by a huge 9,000 falls.
            It wasn't necessarily about the number. It was more about the fact that you were implying he was constantly falling....

I would've posted the same response had you just put 'a lot'....

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              It wasn't necessarily about the number. It was more about the fact that you were implying he was constantly falling....

I would've posted the same response had you just put 'a lot'....
              Dirrell was a rag doll in there. He just was.

I would say: he fell over 'a lot.'

Maybe Froch is despite his short-comings is a very strong fighter, which I believe to be true. Or Dirrell just hasn't been blessed with great physical strength.

There was the falling over, the clinching, and at times; the running. All these things eluded to a lack of control Dirrell had in that fight.

He didn't dominate anything. If Dirrell won - he pinched it.

Not a robbery by any severe stretch of the imagination.

Comment

If Dirrell had engaged earlier he could have taken the fight by quite a large margin. Froch looked very simple in there, with very few answers to dirrell, who himself is rather green and relies a lot on his athleticism.

It was a CLOSE fight to call but Dirrell's point deduction was frankly bull****, especially when you look at the stuff Froch was getting away with.

I think the fight, as it stands, should have been a draw. If we eliminate the point deduction, and take one from Froch (which I think is fair), then Dirrell eeks it.

In a rematch Dirrell would take it, rather easily.

Comment

Not a robbery at all. If Dirrel wanted to fight and win he should have been more aggressive. Its not always a case how many punches you land.
                  You have to take it in another mans country. Dirrell was hurt more than Froch as well and that counts as well.

Comment

funeka vs guzman was a robbery. Froch Dirrell was close but Dirrell won, but he fought like a twat so who cares.

Comment

I though dirrell won despite doing the many clinches.

Comment

Working...
                      X