No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs Margarito The Possible November Plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
    The top Welterweights are Pacquiao, Mayweather and Mosley.

And Margarito should be banned for life.

And Margarito is no longer ranked by The Ring.
    I was wondering: what makes Margacheato deserving of a title shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxeo_Boricua View Post
      I was wondering: what makes Margacheato deserving of a title shot?
      He meets Pac's criteria. He is coming off a loss in his last significant fight (DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey)...LOL

The bigger joke is that the WBOgus does not have Mayweather even ranked! The WBC and WBA both have him as #1 contender. It goes to show how much of a joke the WBOgus really is. First they allow their belt to be fought for at a catchweight, then they do not even rank Mayweather?!? Rather than subjecting themselves to ridicule by rating him lower than other welterweights, I guess it is easier to pretend that Mayweather does not exist. This way it avoids putting their champion in a potentially awkward position of Floyd being his mandatory and them having to step in and order Pac to fight or relinquish his belt.
      Last edited by Ringthebell; 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        fighting all top guys.....Thats what champs do!
        and avoid the best. what a plan Arum.

Comment

• mosley or mayweather, that's it. who cares about any other match up. go back down to 140 and face Bradley or Valero. fight a winner!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringthebell View Post
            He meets Pac's criteria. He is coming off a loss in his last significant fight (DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey)...LO
            You're being absolutely ridiculous. Hatton was coming off one of the best wins of his career, and Cotto was coming off a good win as well. De La Hoya had performed well for most of the fight against Mayweather and almost everyone thought De La Hoya would absolutely destroy Pac. There were calls for people to boycott the fight because people said it was such a sick mismatch.

And because the Cotto/Clottey fight was too close to call (nearly as many experts scored it to Clottey as to Cotto), and because Clottey is a very big Welterweight, and by far the highest ranked Welterweight who was available for Pac to fight at the time that the Mayweather fight fell through, including Clottey in that list is also ridiculous. Clottey will be a real challenge, and because of his tight defence and his strength, will probably be a much tougher fight stylistically for Pac than the Cotto one was.
            Last edited by Dave Rado; 02-18-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Cheater vs Cheater

Comment

• I think this shows that my suspicions were right that it was Arum that didn't want the fight with Floyd. I knew he was going to try to max out Pac by having him face his other Top Rank fighters around the weight class ( I.e. Clottey, Foreman,Margarito) before having him take a dangerous fight with Mayweather. He always does this. I would t expect a Mayweather-Pac fight until 2011.

Comment

• **** margarito. I'm boycotting this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                    **** margarito. I'm boycotting this fight.
                    Word. Let's recap Margarito's recent career...

Jan. 2009: Plaster is found inside Marg's gloves before the Mosley fight
                    Jan. 2009: Marg gets raped over the course of 9 rounds before getting stopped by Mosley
                    Feb. 2009: Marg is suspended for one year for attempted murder by the CSAC
                    May 2010: Marg fights a bum in Mexico
                    Late 2010: Marg gets a shot at the #1 P4P fighter in the world

Only in Arumland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post

Margarito got off ridiculously lightly.
                      It's called Top Rank Lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                      X