Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The current featherweight division is deep but Prime Naseem hamed destroys them all..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naz is not even Barrera best win....

Comment

Man I miss that entertainment..
      Naz had the most memorable personalities in the sport..

I used to hate him when i was younger..

Now I appriciate him..
      I loved his Kevin Kelley fight and the Barerra fight..
      I was rooting for Kelley and he learned a lesson.. but still got KOed

Naz cant beat Gamboa, thats about it

Comment

i think hamed would be challenged by gamboa & conception. they are the strongest featherweights right now i my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by samir191 View Post
          PPl need 2 realise Naz was NOT in his prime when he fought Barrera. Watch the documentary "Little Prince Big Fight", he was training in a 5 star resort, while Barrera was up in Big Bear. He didnt train seriously 4 Barrera. Manny Steward himself stated that he hardly ever sparred 4 that fight. At that period he was so arrogant because he believed his own hype. With his unorthodox style, speed, skill, and KO power, the Naz of 95-97 would destroy any featherweight today, including Gamboa. Back then he trained well, esoecially with Brendan Ingle. True British boxing fans will know he fought top fighters and top contenders e.g. Alicea, Kelley, Madina, Vasquez, Tom Johnson, and beat them all. Frank Warren offered Barrera the fight back in 96, and again in 98 after he fought Wayne McCullough, and he himself refused. Later in 2000 Naz tried fighting Barrera or Morales, and they BOTH refused, so he ended up fightin Augie Sanchez. He made so much money from the game, he lost his desire 2 fight, plus they tampered with his style.
          Co-sign. Too many people judge hamed off of the barrera fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinDoctor View Post

Who do we have at featherweight today?

1. Chris John 43-0-2 (22 KOs) WBA title holder
            2. Juan Manuel Lopez 28-0-0 (25 KOs) WBO title holder
            3. Cristobal Cruz 39-11-1 (23 KOs) IBF title holder
            4. Steven Luevano 37-2-1 (15 KOs)
            5. Yuriorkis Gamboa 17-0-0 (15 KOs)
            6. Mario Santiago 21-2-1 (14 KOs)
            7. Bernabe Concepcion 28-3-1 (15 KOs)
            8. Elio Rojas 21-1-0 (13 KOs) WBC title holder

You guys think anyone today could beat naseem at featherweight?
            you should change your name to SphincterDoctor!

Comment

I think he would knock most of them out, Chris john would be a good fight but I like naz by ko in an ugly fight, john would be fighting on even terms whilst it lasted, people have to remember that john is not a prime barrera, I think a prime barrrera was a better featherweight (126lb) then morales and marquez, he had better speed then john and a better jab and more intelligence.

Gamboa and naz would be interesting can't see it going the distance, naz proved he had a world class chin, gamboa has yet to prove that thats why I would maybe lean towards naz, if gamboa boxed and countered he might be able to dominate naz to a decision, but he has not shown he is capable of this as a professional yet

Comment

Working...
              X