Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It just hit me that Mayweather is not retiring ANY time soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SalSanchez View Post
    People kept saying that it was because of the JMM fans that his PPV sold 1M+ let me ask you this where was those so called fans when JMM-Casa happened.That fight was at Sept 13(3 days before the Mexican Independence Day)The buys didn't even reached 100k I believe.

May-DLH sold 2.4M ppv buys Oscar never reached that number before and after Mayweather.

Hatton-Mayweather 950k in the US and over 1m PPV in the UK how come Ricky never reached that amount when he fought other guys???

Face it floyd PLAYED A HUGE PART on those PPV.
    his hate towards floyd is too big to face or admit anything

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
      his hate towards floyd is too big to face or admit anything
      They just can't see that floyd is a genius when it comes to selling fights he even said it on 24/7.
      In this sport there can't be two good guys fck it I'll be the bad guy.

Comment

Schafer has all these fights in the works for the future.

Comment

i think floyd is guna clear out 147 then retire mosley pacquaio then khan in the uk he will be fighting at welter weight within 2 years i think then floyd will knock it on the head

Comment

actually ive got a sneaky feeling floyd is guna go for marcianos record so he can claim he is the " greatest"

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
              actually ive got a sneaky feeling floyd is guna go for marcianos record so he can claim he is the " greatest"
              I dont think he cares about that record. Marciano isnt even the greatest.

Comment

The Khan fight in the UK makes sense in a couple of years.

He promised them a fight, and if Khan makes it big in the US... There's your fight.

Comment

Hard to retire when the IRS and bill collectors are calling. Many fighters stay in the ring for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
                    Hard to retire when the IRS and bill collectors are calling. Many fighters stay in the ring for the same reason.
                    Every boxer fights for money.

Comment

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
                      I literally cant go 10 minutes without seeing this guy on the TV screen, website, magazine, news paper. Floyd is everywhere. All over TNT and ****...lol.(See my sig)

This guy is an international mega-star. He has fans nation and world wide. Hes also promoting himself in a POSITIVE light. Hes not acting a fool cussing and swearing and being a jerk. Hes actually being respectful, intelligent and even funny. Hes showing a side that we don't see often. He is on top pf the world right now. Everyone is talking about him.

So with this kind of fame and stardom there is no way that Floyd will leave the sport. Especially now that hes at a point in his career where he commands 15- 20 Million dollar paydays. In 2010 he will fight Shane in May and then try to land Pacquiao. Hypothetically speaking here, if he beats him he will be an even BIGGER star and he will want to ride that wave into more promotion, endorsements, interviews and big money fights.

Schafer has mentioned Khan, Ortiz, Alvarez and even Chavez Jr as possible future Mayweather opponents down the line.Hell maybe even Kell Brook in the UK. I believe him. IMO Floyd after Shane and Pacquiao will still be fighting. There are / will be BIG money fights available.

Mayweather vs. Khan in the UK= BIG MONEY. Especially if Khan has developed and made himself an even bigger star on the US front.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz= BIG MONEY. Same thing applies with him. If he can bounce back string some victories together he'll be a big star.

Mayweather vs. Chavez Jr.= BIG MONEY. Same thing he has the opportunity to become a huge star if he keeps winning. Hes not all that skilled but he does have that NAME power.

Mayweather vs. Alvarez= HUGEEEEEEEE MONEY. This is the biggest of them all. By the time this comes off the kid will be one of the biggest stars in boxing. PERIOD. I love Canelos style. Kids got the good foreal. Schafer has mentioned Floyd fighting him in Mexico at Azteca Stadium. It holds a little over 100,000 seats. Hes already selling out arenas pon his own. He will be a big star soon and this will be a BIG fight.

Those 4 fighters are ALL GBP fighters except Jr. I believ these fights are on the minds of GBP and Mayweather.

Thoughts.
                      khan = not a draw in the USA

ortiz = quitter

alvarez = garbage

chavez jr = garbage

aside from khan, what a horrible selection of opponents... here's a better list of opponents:

pacquiao, paul williams, andre berto, miguel cotto, tim bradley, clottey, margarito

*****s shouldn't be allowed to make fights, they only want floyd to fight garbage fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X