No announcement yet.

Paul Williams is going back to picking on the little guys... Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levcon8686 View Post
    He won't weigh 166 come fight night for a fight at welterweight. He could well come in 160, but so do Margarito, Cotto, Mosley etc etc. The guy is tall but he's skinny as ****. I class him and Cintron as the same size. 154 is probably their best weight, but with the ability to reach 147 and 160 depending on the circumstances.

Still, none of this changes the fact that if he can make the weight, he can fight there. Every fighter would go looking for big fights at a lower weightclass if they could make the weight. Most can't, Paul Williams can. He can do whatever the **** he wants as far as i'm concerned.
    Like I said he isn't breaking the rules but that doesn't mean I have to give him all of the credit in the world if he beats a considerably smaller man just because he made the weight and then blew up to over 160 the next day just like he did when he was at ww.

When a fighter is considered viable as a top MW and a serious threat to the champion there, it to me becomes unacceptable for him to fight opponents at WW anymore.

Comment

he just going to the money

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        See the thing to me is, its not really that important what they weigh in at the day before a fight but more what they weigh during the actual fight when it really matters.

There is a weight class designed for fighters based on your natural size you can be either a WW, a JMW, or a MW not all 3.

If he is a WW now so what then was he the "smaller man" against Martinez a JMW when they fought at MW and both weighed 166 during the actual fight?
        So going by your thinking, Funeka, a 6'1 lightweight, and Caballero, a 5'11 jr. featherweight, should be fighting at 147?

Comment

williams vs pavlik would be entertaining to watch ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Monkz View Post
            Exactly, i'm sure there are plenty of boxers who would do the same if they could.
            Plenty of boxers DO DO the same thing. I can't stand people that get sensative about that ****. If he can make the weight it's fine with me if he fights at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Plenty of boxers DO DO the same thing. I can't stand people that get sensative about that ****. If he can make the weight it's fine with me if he fights at it.
              Yeah. Also, he has never complained or appeared to have a lot of difficulty getting down to 147 so who cares? The fact that he's taller than most of his opponents doesn't even matter because for some odd reason, Paul doesn't fight like a tall fighter. He likes to fight on the inside.

Comment

Like I said he isn't breaking the rules but that doesn't mean I have to give him all of the credit in the world if he beats a considerably smaller man just because he made the weight and then blew up to over 160 the next day just like he did when he was at ww.

When a fighter is considered viable as a top MW and a serious threat to the champion there, it to me becomes unacceptable for him to fight opponents at WW anymore.
                I see your point, but you could say the same about Floyd. He'd box the ears of most middleweights. He'd be the betting favourite over Pavlik at 160. But it doesn't mean he should be fighting them. I don't think PW is as big as everyone's making out. The guy looks like skeletor.

Comment

I like PWill and think he is a good fighter, always entertaining too but at WW he would be typically fighting smaller guys.

I don't subscribe to this whole if he can make the weight he can fight there idea, it wouldn't change the fact that he is bigger than most of his opponents there.
                  Does this mean Tommy Hearns was an opportunist and not a good fighter. hmm

Comment

Well it's hard to find 6-2 guys from 147-160. lol

Comment

The Punisher can fight in 3 weight classes,he make weight,he can fight!!The Punisher comes into middleweight fights at about 157 constantly,but doesn't request catchweights!!Fight fans have lost there way & have become brainwashed by the superstar fighters!!News flash homey,the superstar welterweights that are Pacman & Floyd,there last fights were at catchweights & both of them priced themselves out of the biggest fight probably because they are too ****ing greedy!!But somehow simple idoitic fans like urself still find a way to criticize a man that has traveled the span of 3 weight classes,trying to give fight fans the best fights!!Open ur eyes homey,if all fighters were like Mosley & the Punisher,boxing would never have lost any ground to mma!!

Comment

Working...
                      X