Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people need to realise A GOOD ATHLETE, DOES NOT ALWAYS A GOOD BOXER MAKE.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to realise A GOOD ATHLETE, DOES NOT ALWAYS A GOOD BOXER MAKE.

I see a lot of threads saying "the heavyweight division would be good, if Kobe Bryant was a boxer" or "I bet Tiger Woods could beat Vitali if he trained as a boxer" or "David Beckham could beat Haye if he was a boxer"

Well, just a little FYI, being a good athlete doesn't always translate to being a good boxer, AND VICE-VERSA.

Do you think Tyson would have been good in the NBA?

Take a look at Audley harrison to see, that all the tools sometimes, do not combine.

So i think the argument that the heavyweight division "sucks" because all the good athletes are playing other sports doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

The problems in the division, and the sport are a lot more deep rooted.

/rant

Chewin tabacci.

Imagine Tyson playing Roller Derby with them dyke brauds..

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      The problems in the division, and the sport are a lot more deep rooted.

/rant
      well explain it then. Why does the HW division suck so badly? I mean, I look around and I see very few athletic fighters right now. There are the top guys, the klitschkos, who are in tremendous physical shape and good athletes, and the rest of the division is full of un-athletic, out of shape lazy bums!

Clearly there is a lack of talent.

Comment

Some of us can agree that Floyd would be a great runner. I think he can beat Bolt.

Comment

You need a mixture of thing but being a fine athlete certainly helps, there is a lot to be said for the eye ball test.

There are not that many big fine athletes in the world, and when take into account what it takes to be a great boxer both from a will and mental stand point that number shrinks real small, any dudes that go into another field are not easily replaceable.

Comment

I don't understand when the thought process started that you did not have to be a great athlete to be heavyweight champ.

Comment

Not totally agree.. pac's an athletic freak so is floyd.. Roy jones had cat like reflexes in his prime thus destroying everyone. But I always believed in the saying that fighters are born not made.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I don't understand when the thought process started that you did not have to be a great athlete to be heavyweight champ.
                That's not exactly the same thing as "Just because you're a good athlete doesn't make you a good boxer" now is it?

Comment

i guess i'm alone in saying the heavyweight division isn't THAT bad. it's not the 70s but imo the klitschkos make the division look a lot worse than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                    That's not exactly the same thing as "Just because you're a good athlete doesn't make you a good boxer" now is it?
                    Being a good athlete does not make you a good fighter but being a good athlete is part of being a good fighter~

Do I need to make you a venn diagram~

Comment

Working...
                    X