No announcement yet.

HBO Prefers Berto-Malignaggi To Berto-Quinatana and Khan-Mali... [WTF]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Prefers Berto-Malignaggi To Berto-Quinatana and Khan-Mali... [WTF]

DiBella would like to instead match Berto with former titlist Carlos Quintana. The Garden loves the card, I am told. I love it too. However, HBO isn't jumping up and down for the show. For some reason, HBO seems to prefer Berto-Malignaggi. Dan Rafael

Quintana would provide a serious test to Berto and Paulie would be a solid (safe) opponent for Khan's HBO debut. WTF is HBO doing?
    Khan-Malignaggi/Berto-Quintana Doubleheader
    100.00%
    Khan-TBA and Berto Malignaggi On Different Dates
    0.00%

I think its because of the styles. I think HBO feels that Paulie & Khan are 2 boxing counter punchers with suspect power so it could be a dull fight for a headline but if you put Berto in with Paulie then it should be pretty exciting. Its not just that. They were hoping for Berto-Paulie & Khan-JMM but its not happening and they dont trust a Paulie-Khan fight. I think they will end up accepting though

Comment

This is why I love showtime,no bull****,just the best prospect vs the best!!I mean um can Berto fight a ranked welterweight or something,Paulie,please!!

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        DiBella would like to instead match Berto with former titlist Carlos Quintana. The Garden loves the card, I am told. I love it too. However, HBO isn't jumping up and down for the show. For some reason, HBO seems to prefer Berto-Malignaggi. Dan Rafael

Quintana would provide a serious test to Berto and Paulie would be a solid (safe) opponent for Khan's HBO debut. WTF is HBO doing?
        protecting those 2 punks!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

HBO is protecting berto, that's what's up

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            protecting those 2 punks!!!!!
            Just like Arum is protecting that little Boriqua mula lamb Juan Ma.

But yeah, I agree Khan and Berto need to step it the fuck up.

Comment

Lets get Khan-Malignaggi on may 15th

Comment

**** HBO.........Theyre ****ing morons with their money

Comment

WTF is wrong with HBO... Really Ross Greenburg has to get the **** out of HBO... I rather Jay Larkin handle the boxing programming on HBO...

Comment

Seems very foolish to me. That is an excellent BAD card.

Comment

Working...
                    X