Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quintana Back on April 10 on the Berto-Malignaggi Card. Then against Vanes on June 12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    But Ouma didn't win enough rounds. I thought Ouma fought the best he had in years, but he doesn't punch as much as he used to.

I think Quintana is on the decline, and he's moving up against a bigger guy.

That's why I think Vanes will put it together against him and end his career.

You act like Vanes (who I don't actually like that much) sucks but he was an Olympian. He does have plenty of skill.
    I think Vanes is an awful fighter. He aint ending Quintana's career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      April 17 I think!!!!

April 17th is Pavlik/Martinez and Bute/Miranda.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
        Only way Vanes beat Quintana would be if they rob him in a Top ranked promoted fight.
        Originally posted by Tarantino View Post
        I think Vanes is an awful fighter. He aint ending Quintana's career.
        Quintana chokes when the pressure is on.

He will keep fighting, and losing, when he steps up.

He can ride his Williams victory like Mayorga rode the Forrest ko, for a long time though, that's true.

Comment

But Ouma didn't win enough rounds. I thought Ouma fought the best he had in years, but he doesn't punch as much as he used to.

I think Quintana is on the decline, and he's moving up against a bigger guy.

That's why I think Vanes will put it together against him and end his career.

You act like Vanes (who I don't actually like that much) sucks but he was an Olympian. He does have plenty of skill.
          And you act like if Vanes is th world beater, who pressures fighter and have KO power.

Quintana is better than Vanes in every category.

Ending his career? **** outta here!

Comment

He can ride his Williams victory like Mayorga rode the Forrest ko, for a long time though, that's true.
            I don't see how he chokes.

The Cotto fight, because of how it ended it's perceived as a beat down. That fight was very close at the time of the stoppage, Quintana might have even been up. He hurt Cotto a few times to the body, he looked phenomenal. One body shot just ended it. I wouldn't call that choking.

He got another opportunity against Williams and won. Then got caught again with a big shot in the rematch.

Plus he was brought in as the B side against Julio and rose to the occasion.

I really don't see how he chokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              And you act like if Vanes is th world beater, who pressures fighter and have KO power.

Quintana is better than Vanes in every category.

Ending his career? **** outta here!
              You will be wrong when Quintana chokes yet again.

We can bet on it.

I don't even think Vanes is that great either.

Comment

You will be wrong when Quintana chokes yet again.

We can bet on it.

I don't even think Vanes is that great either.
                How does Quintana choke?

He only has 2 losses. To Williams and Cotto. 2 of the best WW 's at the time.

Comment

Quintana is actually a very good southpaw boxer, And because anes hasnt show me anything close to what i think its needed to beat Quintana i can not pick Vanes over quitana at the moment, I think you're selling Quintana short but we would see.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    I don't see how he chokes.

The Cotto fight, because of how it ended it's perceived as a beat down. That fight was very close at the time of the stoppage, Quintana might have even been up. He hurt Cotto a few times to the body, he looked phenomenal. One body shot just ended it. I wouldn't call that choking.

He got another opportunity against Williams and won. Then got caught again with a big shot in the rematch.

Plus he was brought in as the B side against Julio and rose to the occasion.

I really don't see how he chokes.
                    He's ok but know the Julio was massively overated by Dan Rafael, and he was never that good.

History showed how limited Julio truly was.

Comment

He's ok but know the Julio was massively overated by Dan Rafael, and he was never that good.

History showed how limited Julio truly was.
                      Oh, I totally agree. But I'm just saying that's an example of him not choking because at the time, overrated or not in hindsight, Julio was perceived as a big time prospect, and that was Quintana's first time on a big stage.

I agree with you that Quintana isn't going to have an easy time with Vanes. But I think is problem is more inactivity/inconsistency than choking.

Comment

Working...
                      X