If May gets massively KO'd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Remind My Soul View Post
    75% of this forum is absurd.
    Agreed..........but 25% is not......just like this thread........

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
      One loss won't ruin him. But PBF would lose his ***** card of having people pay to see him fall. Many viewers would lose interest in him once that happened. He could obviously come back, but his marketability would be diminished if not gone.
      Agreed one loss won't hurt him.....if it's a decision..........if it's a MASSIVE KO......I think it literally makes him rot from the inside and he will never be the same........just like Roy

Comment

If that happens, Mayweather will have a hard time getting the same kind of money after fights as he's getting now, not just because he'll seem diminished as a fighter, but because he will have been subjected to a defeat, which is what many people (say what you will) want to see him experience. After Mayweather loses his "0", many people (at least the mainstream media) won't have any particular reason to tune in and watch him fight.

It's not like he has a fan-friendly style, he's famous for his ****y attitude and the fact that he is undefeated, so people tune in to watch him lose.

If he DOES get big money fights after a Margarito-ish KO type loss, it'll be because he'll have to get much smaller purses in big events, and I don't see Mayweather's ego being able to deflate itself temporarily.

The only way he can redeem himself is by challenging the fighters that the public wants to see and maybe then he can get respect back; the way Mayweather was when he was taking on all comers at lightweight. If he reverts to that after a loss, then he can bounce back.

Cherry-picking fighters after a losing an undefeated record that is consistenly boasted about (coupled with a "boring" style of fighting) won't do you good. That works now, because people are always on edge seeing him fight.

Mayweather's inside everyone's head, he talks big to get everyone riled up, gets people to hate him, and then they end up forking over money to watch him fight...

Let's hope Mayweather/Mosley is a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
          his ratings would go down but i reckon if he then had a comeback fight against someone like pac and won then i reckon he would get ratings back up
          He would have to fall in line behind Mosley. A defeat by Mosley would certainly make people think twice about a Pac vs Floyd fight. But I still don't see him giving up his ped testing demands. I doubt Pac would even care at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            If he lost the first one...he still has a rematch......he has Pac.....and if he really needs to regain his legacy and standing he can always ask Haymon to make a fight with P Will happen......considering how highly people rate williams.
            he won't fight mosley again if he gets totally destroyed in there

it'd be a bit like hamed/barrera, a career ruined in a single fight

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
              he won't fight mosley again if he gets totally destroyed in there

it'd be a bit like hamed/barrera, a career ruined in a single fight
              I was using Jones JR as a prime example but the Hamed/Barrera comparison works.....

Alls im saying is if he does get massively owned....it's gonna be hella hard for a dude like him to make a comback from that........his ******ed ass ego would get in the way.........true story!

Comment

It would depend on what happens to him after the ko loss, does he pull a Naz and quit after losing 1 fight or does he comeback and try to prove he is still top shelf material.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  It would depend on what happens to him after the ko loss, does he pull a Naz and quit after losing 1 fight or does he comeback and try to prove he is still top shelf material.
                  Well most likely he comes back to fight.....there would still be at least one big pay there out there since everyone would want to see what he would do in a comeback fight....but again im saying.....his ego would prevent him from ever reaching the heights he currently enjoys....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    Is he done as a so called "elite fighter"?? I mean lets just say for a minute Shooga comes in and pulls a Margo on May....and completely annihilates him...I mean just humiliates him....just like he did to Margo.....

Is May done after this???? can anyone see him come back from something like that??
                    It's a lesson in humility that has been along time coming for that arrogant SOB. Up to now he's been on cloud-nine with his so called questionable perfect run of victories, against questionable opponents, hopefully now that he starts mixing it up with the true elites of WW; he'll get a rude awaken.

Comment

Originally posted by incredible View Post
                      It's a lesson in humility that has been along time coming for that arrogant SOB. Up to now he's been on cloud-nine with his so called questionable perfect run of victories, against questionable opponents, hopefully now that he starts mixing it up with the true elites of WW; he'll get a rude awaken.
                      Well that is still to be determined....I mean Shooga has the best chance of any to put this Kat in line......I just hope he can do it though....cuz it's not gonna be a walk in the park......but it sure would be legit if it was!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X