Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Fans, Will You Still Be A Fan...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is NO reason for Floyd to avoid Shane he beats him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      sorry I don't see it as a simple yes and no answer

you are essentially asking fans of a certain fighter if they will be fans if he doesn't take a certain fight. Add to that you are asking their diehards this question.

You think it is easy to just stop being a fan of something or someone? A simple yes or no answer should suffice right? LOL

for the record I will be disappointed if we don't get to see Mayweather fight Mosley. Will not stop me from being a fan. That appreciation comes from years of watching Mayweather ply his trade.
      So your answer is yes, you will still be a fan. Thank you for your honesty.

Comment

I will still be a fan but I will no longer be excited about his fights. You know that feeling you get when your favorite team is about to play, you just can't wait for the game to get started. That feeling will no longer be there, it will be replace with "yeah ok PBF is fighting I guess I'll watch if I have nothing else better to do".

Comment

I see that with all I typed, you still missed that, huh?

I'm not worried about having to stop being a Floyd fan IF he doesn't fight Shane. Why? Because I know the fight will get made. Its that simple. Do you get it?
          The question wasn't whether or not you believed the fight would be made. The question was whether or not you'd be a fan IF the fight wasn't made. You're not answering the question.

Comment

sorry I don't see it as a simple yes and no answer

you are essentially asking fans of a certain fighter if they will be fans if he doesn't take a certain fight. Add to that you are asking their diehards this question.

You think it is easy to just stop being a fan of something or someone? A simple yes or no answer should suffice right? LOL

for the record I will be disappointed if we don't get to see Mayweather fight Mosley. Will not stop me from being a fan. That appreciation comes from years of watching Mayweather ply his trade.
            I agree with the original poster. You guys are turning this into something else entirely. I can assume that you have faith that Floyd will go ahead and sign the contract (based upon your responses), which would then mean that you're going to continue to be fans. But the question doesn't allow for that opinion. You're obviously entitled to your opinion about whether or not the deal will be signed, but again the question is a hypothetical one. The only thing I can assume is that you're afraid to think about the possibility of Floyd NOT signing the contract and what it will do to his reputation...
            Last edited by LiLNipsFatal; 02-03-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              I will still be a fan but I will no longer be excited about his fights. You know that feeling you get when your favorite team is about to play, you just can't wait for the game to get started. That feeling will no longer be there, it will be replace with "yeah ok PBF is fighting I guess I'll watch if I have nothing else better to do".
              Tell me about it...I'm a raiders fan!

Comment

Originally posted by LiLNipsFatal View Post
                I agree with the original poster. You guys are turning this into something else entirely. I can assume that you have faith that Floyd will go ahead and sign the contract (based upon your responses), which would then mean that you're going to continue to be fans. But the question doesn't allow for that opinion. You're obviously entitled to your opinion about whether or not the deal will be signed, but again the question is a hypothetical one. The only thing I can assume is that you're afraid to think about the possibility of Floyd NOT signing the contract and what it will do to his reputation...
                why in the world would I be afraid about Mayweather's reputation being harmed? in a way hasn't it already from years of people critiquing him for every minute issue seemingly at his feet?

and while I do understand TS's point he makes it sound easy that one aspect one facet and one instance where Mayweather didn't do what was expected from his fans (the diehards at that) will turn his fans away from him

thats all

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
                  ...of Floyd's if he doesn't fight Mosley, or will this be the final straw?
                  i doubt many floyd fans will respect him if he does

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Tell me about it...I'm a raiders fan!
                    ouch - - -

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                      I told you what I was talking about. People flip flop alot on this forum, I've been here a while now, so I know. The same people that said that Floyd would never fight Shane were the SAME people that called Shane OLD and make excuses already when Floyd agreed to fight him. Now that Floyd hasn't signed, those SAME people are saying that Floyd is ducking Shane. That is what I'm talking about.

To answer your question, I'm not worried about it. He will sign and they will fight. It is that simple.
                      Agree with you....end of discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X