No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao: The Most Overrated Fighter of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
    Pacquiao's fight are not overrated, His fighter are the best thing at the moment in boxing, He alway find a way to make them exciting with his fighting style but then you need to have an opponent that would stand in front of you to make you look great.

I would never question Pac's ring fights but i do believe his resume is overhyped.
    Excatly how i feel, cracking little fighter no doubt, just a bit prespective is needed, the hype train is getting out of hand.

Comment

I highly doubt Manny is overrated.

Comment

I thought Murad Muhammad promoted Pac when he fought Sanchez. The writer is talking like Arum guided him through his whole career. I do believe Pac is overrated though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
          Pacquiao's best win for me was Barrera(1), Then Cotto and thats because the fight was at 145, The Cotto performance was a great performance that NO-ONE can take away from him.
          Na mate I dont think the two pounds made a huge difference, it takes the shine off it a bit but i dont consider it decisive, he would have took him at '47 aswell, btw i think it was a disgrace that the belt was the line cotto should have been allowed to stick to his principles.

Comment

did'nt pac just won the bwaa fighter of the year and fighter of the decade award?....floyd might just win it next time.........

Comment

oh man.. im no longer a pacquiao fan.. i finally saw the light that most boxing experts don't see! what is wrong with all these boxing experts rating pac so high in the atg list?! this dude, who ever he is, who wrote this oh so objective, not at all biased article, is a genius!

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
                Na mate I dont think the two pounds made a huge difference, it takes the shine off it a bit but i dont consider it decisive, he would have took him at '47 aswell, btw i think it was a disgrace that the belt was the line cotto should have been allowed to stick to his principles.

No the 2 pounds made no difference to me either but if he had fought Cotto at 147 and not restrict cotto from weightin 147 then i would have rated the cotto fight over the Barrera win, But because the fight was restricted i cannot give it a full mark for it.

Comment

"Arum's decision" in DRAW with Marquez????

HAHAHHAAHAH

Arum is JMM's promoter WTF??? so what he means is PAC deserves the W? this blogger is a nOOB uLOL

Comment

If the author would have stated a reference/criteria for Pac being overrated, then this would be more valid. This looks more like nitpicking and does not sound any different from the opinions of some poster here.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
                      Your right cotto was a credible win imo, mannys best, along with barrera 1, but after that I struggle to find one without major flaws, maybe marquez or hatton im not sure, theres no doubt to me Mannys resume looks better on paper than it is in reality.
                      I think it has something due mostly towards denial that he had beaten many "legendary" fighters. That I can understand. But boxing is about competition. What do we expect, that everyone would have the same results due to mediocrity?

What separates great fighters or athletes from the rest is just that, they arose from the mediocre fight results and unto the superlative realm.

Same thing with any "greats" in any discipline from music, arts, literary circles, etc...etc..etc.

They are great because they effuse such otherworldly-ness in them. Now that we finally have a fighter as big as Pacquiao, then cynicism, jealousy, denial and all the ugly heads rearing from the dark recesses of our humanity.

Can't we enjoy just these moments?

I mean I am both fans of Mayweather and Pacquiao. I think that Mayweather is technically the most gifted and master of defense. The only "flaw" is the frequency or rather the few fights or samling to really assess that he is the best of the best among the annals of all pugilist/defenders/boxer types.

That is why my interest is piquing in having arguably the best in offense in Pacquiao against the master of defense in Mayweather.

But to really bring down a fighter with such a lengthy article pretty much shows the cynicism of the writer. Why not write about something that awes him instead, does he hate the boxer that much?

At any rate, it is appalling.

Every boxer has it's own "weakness" and unlike their videogame character being portrayed by ratings and numbers, real boxers such as Pacquiao and Mayweather are not quantifiable, they are living and breathing boxers with superlative abilities.

One can appear on the the worst in one area/s of their game and yet their domination and stamp on the game of sport is an indelible mark. That shows that there's an unlimited permutation of how "Great" boxers can come around.

With their own quirks and weaknesses...and despite of it all, they are the best at what they do. Something all of us boxing fans can only hope as our agaped mouths react to their abilities in the ring.

Like the Joe Montanas, the Wayne Gretzkys, the Muhammad Alis, Michael Jordans, the Tiger Woods....and now the Mayweathers and the Pacquiaos.

We needed them to excel and in the best way possible so that our humanity can be raised even higher in the depths of our abilities.

Thank you Mayweather. Thank you Pacquiao.

Please win your fights so that both of you can meet for the fight of the ages.

Comment

Working...
                      X