Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you think Cheato began using plaster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either after Santos or more likely, after Williams. The Lujan fight is really strange though.

Comment

In my honest opinion, I think Margarito used them first when he fought Mosley. Cotto always had a weak chin and Cintron can't deal with adversity. Mosley had proven that he had one of the best chins in boxing, had only been down once if i recall and i Think Marg's trainer just wanted Marg to be the first to knock him out. I'm sorry for putting a bit more faith in the rules in place to keep this kind of thing from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        oh cmon even you don't believe both are on the same level
        No I don't think so, but cheating is cheating, plain and simple, whether is adding a knuckle pad on your wraps or injecting steroids to get the edge on a fight, same concept just to a different degree.

Comment

What's strange to me is that he's still with Capetillo. If Capetillo did it without his knowledge as he claims, he should hate the guy for ruining his carrer. If i was Margarito I would've sued him. Therefore, I think that Margarito knew what was in his wraps and had been doing it for a long time and just got careless and complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
            No I don't think so, but cheating is cheating, plain and simple, whether is adding a knuckle pad on your wraps or injecting steroids to get the edge on a fight, same concept just to a different degree.
            but one can be viewed as assault with a deadly weapon

the other is an illegal attempt to gain a competitive edge

two vastly different things

Comment

Originally posted by Remind My Soul View Post
              Either after Santos or more likely, after Williams. The Lujan fight is really strange though.

based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxeo_Boricua View Post
                What's strange to me is that he's still with Capetillo. If Capetillo did it without his knowledge as he claims, he should hate the guy for ruining his carrer. If i was Margarito I would've sued him. Therefore, I think that Margarito knew what was in his wraps and had been doing it for a long time and just got careless and complacent.
                who told you he is with Capetillo?

link me please

Comment

based on what?
                  Just Lujan's ear being torn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Remind My Soul View Post
                    Just Lujan's ear being torn off.
                    looking at the fight

Tony's punches are wide, and to the back of the head right behind the ear

having extra hardened padding won't tear the skin enough to cause that.

now what trainers do is treat the leather as much as possible to make it as soft as possible to grip the skin better. Some will skin the glove (pull it as far back as possible to make the surface thinner more maleable) but most just have someone stretch the glove or sit on it to try and weaken the leather

Lujuan's ear was a result of back of the head shots and the softness of the Cleto glove. IMO

Comment

looking at the fight

Tony's punches are wide, and to the back of the head right behind the ear

having extra hardened padding won't tear the skin enough to cause that.

now what trainers do is treat the leather as much as possible to make it as soft as possible to grip the skin better. Some will skin the glove (pull it as far back as possible to make the surface thinner more maleable) but most just have someone stretch the glove or sit on it to try and weaken the leather

Lujuan's ear was a result of back of the head shots and the softness of the Cleto glove. IMO
                      Seriously, when is the CSAC going to press criminal charges against Marga-cheato and Captillo?

I can't wait to see him and all his loyal fan base crawl back under the fukin rock they came from!

Comment

Working...
                      X