Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Monthly Feb 2010, has Mayweather beating Pacquiao!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Monthly Feb 2010, has Mayweather beating Pacquiao!!

I have just received my new issue in the post, BM asked 38 people from the boxing community, who would win this fight if it were to happen.

The result: 25 in favour of Mayweather and 13 in favour of Manny.

An example of people who voted floyd are:

Carl Froch
    Buddy McGirt
    Johnny Nelson
    Barry McGuigan
    Tim Bradley
    Antonio Tarver
    Ricky Hatton

Some people who voted Pacquiao are:

Bert Sugar
    Frank Maloney
    Ken Buchanan
    Steve Collins
    Angelo Dundee
    Dominic Ingle
    Marco Huck

In my opinion i feel Manny will outspeed Mayweather and i don't think he can shoulder roll 8,9,10 punches all coming in a second.

Anyway, i know it has been done before, but i am now turning it to Boxingscene members, who will win this fight?

Please vote, and briefly state WHY you think the fight will go that way......
    Manny Pacquiao?
    56.41%
    Floyd Mayweather?
    43.59%
    Last edited by J.R; 01-26-2010, 06:46 AM.

During the latter rounds against Cotto, although he was beat, he was back peddling quite a bit which seemed to effect Manny's style and efficiency. Floyd is excellant on the back foot and will run away all night whilst still being effective and scoring points.

Mayweather UD

Comment

Originally posted by runner35 View Post
      During the latter rounds against Cotto, although he was beat, he was back peddling quite a bit which seemed to effect Manny's style and efficiency. Floyd is excellant on the back foot and will run away all night whilst still being effective and scoring points.

Mayweather UD
      Again, in the ****zine they were saying that Manny loves fighting guys who are on the backfoot therefore Floyd is perfect for him, i tend to agree.

Comment

tough pick....floyd has good defence. pac has speed and power punches...could be a close fight tbh

Comment

I'm a pacquiao fan but have enough common sense to know this potential fight can go either way

Comment

In my opinion i feel Manny will outspeed Mayweather and i don't think he can shoulder roll 8,9,10 punches all coming in a second.
            You don't have to, he just has to stay out of range which he is more than capable of doing.

People keep saying how the shoulder role isn't as effective against the shoulder role defence and make comparisons with Zab Judah. What they forget is that Zab Judah has a range equal or greater to Floyd's.

Floyd has a good range advantage and he is good at positioning around the ring. For me it's unlikely that Pacquiao will every be able to get settled and land big shots and flurries against Floyd in a fight.

Again, in the ****zine they were saying that Manny loves fighting guys who are on the backfoot therefore Floyd is perfect for him, i tend to agree.
            Wait, what?!

Comment

Floyd whoops Pac's ass and he won't even break a sweat doin it.

He'll dance circles around Pac and make him look a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Wait, what?!
                I'm sorry, it wasn't the ****zine that said that it was Bert Sugar, here is what he said word for word:

''With all the bad blood flying back and forth, you somehow get the impression that Mayweather didn't want this fight. He claims he's the greatest fighter ever because Ray Robinson lost and he never has, but for the first time, he'll be facing an opponent he didn't choose. I say Pacquiao because the fighters who've given Mayweather the most trouble are those who pressure him, a la Jose Luis Castillo. Pacquiao likes opponents who go backwards, and that's what Mayweather does. Mayweather throws one punch at a time, while Pacquiao throws so many, you can't even count them. Pacquiao on points.''

Comment

Originally posted by John-Locke-9-22 View Post
                  I have just received my new issue in the post, BM asked 38 people from the boxing community, who would win this fight if it were to happen.

The result: 25 in favour of Mayweather and 13 in favour of Manny.

An example of people who voted floyd are:

Carl Froch
                  Buddy McGirt
                  Johnny Nelson
                  Barry McGuigan
                  Tim Bradley
                  Antonio Tarver
                  Ricky Hatton

Some people who voted Pacquiao are:

Bert Sugar
                  Frank Maloney
                  Ken Buchanan
                  Steve Collins
                  Angelo Dundee
                  Dominic Ingle
                  Marco Huck

Anyway, i know it has been done before, but i am now turning it to Boxingscene members, who will win this fight?

Please vote, and briefly state WHY you think the fight will go that way......

Lmao... now thats some kung fu **** right there 10 punchers per second????

like the other poster says, if u cant find him then none of that "speed" matters, u have to watch how maywether fights, he does a lot of things in the ring that u may not understand, he doesnt have the best defense for nothing, people dont land a low percentage on him for nothing, it is much more than shoulder roll's and making people miss

Comment

the expert believed that cotto fight will be hard and a win for cotto agiast pac-u.

the public belived this fight is 3 to 1 in pac-u's favour.....

experts can be wrong

Comment

Working...
                    X