No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Clottey's Training Camp; Latin Fury 13; More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by internetworld7 View Post
    You can count on it. Clottey is a smart fighter and understands the magnitude of this fight. I would just like to know who his new trainer is because he said in a video interview that for the first time he has a new strength and conditioning coach as well as a new trainer. Anybody know who the new trainer is?
    wtf.....new trainer this would be one of the reasons he may lose....damn...

Comment

Not So Fast

Originally posted by Anti~Jalandoni View Post
      he would be suffering his 4th loss in complete domination
      Don't be so sure. Clottey is the first fighter at welterweight that is NOT fighting Manny at a catchweight. To me personally that is very significant. It has already been said that Clottey could way as much as 160 lbs by fight night. In addition to this, Clottey had already been in good shape leading up to this fight as he had been in preparation to face another fighter.

Steroids or not, I think Clottey may be too big and strong. Yes I know this has been said before BUT the difference is the other fighters except Rick Hatton were at catchweights. Oscar D. as many are not aware only hydrated two pounds the night of the fight which means he only weighed 147 lbs!! That is absolutely unheard of in boxing. Every fighter usually puts on close to 10 lbs or more the night of the fight after weigh in.
      Last edited by internetworld7; 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti~Jalandoni View Post
        wtf.....new trainer this would be one of the reasons he may lose....damn...
        Possibly. But that depends on who it is and how well they "gel" together.

Comment

hope this won't end up like Tyson-Douglas

Comment

i expect the best of Clottey in the ring against manny

Comment

So what happened with Clottey's trainer's visa problems? How did they resolve the situation?

Comment

New Trainer

Originally posted by internetworld7 View Post
                You can count on it. Clottey is a smart fighter and understands the magnitude of this fight. I would just like to know who his new trainer is because he said in a video interview that for the first time he has a new strength and conditioning coach as well as a new trainer. Anybody know who the new trainer is?
                He is Clottey's former trainer from his amateur and early professional life. Nii Kotei Dzanie aka Alloway. He is one of the most experienced trainers in Ghana.

Clottey is in Ghana now but will be back in the US on Saturday, his visa issue has been taken up by the Ghana government. He held a press conference today in Accra and Azumah Nelson was there with him.

He says he is coming in to shock the world because people hardly anyone(including this writer) believes he will win. He is not in for just the money, he is fighting to make an name for himself, his country and fans.

I don't have info on who the conditioning coach is yet.

Comment

I am happy if clottey will start now his training for pacquiao, pacquiao is not an easy fighter.. he should be well trained to defeat pacquiao..

Comment

Working...
                  X