Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny had not signed to fight Clottey, would he have stepped up and fight Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
    The point is, people are making it seem as if Pac would fight Shane in a heartbeat, but that is not the case. He had the chance to do that and it didn't happen (Shane is the CHAMP at 147). Ppl are making these assumptions based on the fact that we haven't gotten an official announcement of Mayweather vs Mosley.
    those 2 are on the same level and cotto is clearly the bigger draw with the PR backing. What's the problem there?? And cotto has a win on mosley so...

Comment

The point is, people are making it seem as if Pac would fight Shane in a heartbeat, but that is not the case. He had the chance to do that and it didn't happen (Shane is the CHAMP at 147). Ppl are making these assumptions based on the fact that we haven't gotten an official announcement of Mayweather vs Mosley.
      You are missing the answer Webb.

It was already said. At the time Cotto beat Mosely and Cotto vs. Pac was a bigger financial windfall that Mosely vs. Pac.

I respect you man but the premise you are angling towards is off.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
        in the same token, boxing fans cannot blame floyd for taking his time to select his next opponent...

shane mosley or matthew hatton

two great choices and it couldn't have been any more difficult than this. what's the problem with that?
        I would have been bummed too. I mean they are legit welterweights.

Comment

which is fine, I'm not saying that he ducked Shane or he was afraid of him.

But ppl in this thread are making it seem as though he would fight Shane in heartbeat. Plus the stance that GBP took on the whole OST deal. I don't think this fight would happen at the drop of a hat.
          no way to find out.

if only the berto fight got cancelled sooner.

we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
            no way to find out.

we'll never know.
            Yes we will. Watch Pac fight Mosley after the Clottey fight. Forget Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Yes we will. Watch Pac fight Mosley after the Clottey fight. Forget Mayweather.
              not if floyd fights mosley first.

if floyd fights mosley in may.

we might see marg-pac.

Comment

I think Manny would do it, but Mosley is the most dangerous out there for him so I think they would try for some concessions, if you know what i mean. Wel maybe not so much now but at first they seemed a little worried about manny fighting true full blown welters, but they seem to have relaxed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
                  no way to find out.

we'll never know.
                  true.

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
                  You are missing the answer Webb.

It was already said. At the time Cotto beat Mosely and Cotto vs. Pac was a bigger financial windfall that Mosely vs. Pac.

I respect you man but the premise you are angling towards is off.
                  which is fine that it was bigger financially. but Shane beat the guy that beat Cotto, which made him the guy in the division. Ppl are making it seem as though they would have fought at the drop of a hat, I don't see it.

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                  those 2 are on the same level and cotto is clearly the bigger draw with the PR backing. What's the problem there?? And cotto has a win on mosley so...
                  but Mosley has a win over the guy that beat Cotto for the welterweight title.

Originally posted by Chups View Post

The question is after the Cotto fight
                  . Had Mosley been available, Pac would have fought him instead of Clottey.

You have no point but hate coz you're moving away from the question.
                  hate? dude stop. I still don't think that he would have fought Mosley if he were available. Based on the relationship (lack thereof) with TR and GBP. I dont think we will see them working together anytime soon.

Comment

true.

which is fine that it was bigger financially. but Shane beat the guy that beat Cotto, which made him the guy in the division. Ppl are making it seem as though they would have fought at the drop of a hat, I don't see it. Cotto beat Mosely and a whole country begind him to boost gate and PPV revenue.

but Mosley has a win over the guy that beat Cotto for the welterweight title.

hate? dude stop. I still don't think that he would have fought Mosley if he were available. Based on the relationship (lack thereof) with TR and GBP. I dont think we will see them working together anytime soon.
                    Don't fool yourself. TR and GBP will work to together seamlessly as long as it is about making the most money possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
                      Don't fool yourself. TR and GBP will work to together seamlessly as long as it is about making the most money possible.
                      I'm not fooling myself. If what you said above was true, we would have May-Pac right now. they would have come to an agreement one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                      X