No announcement yet.

Matt Korobov vs Erislandry Lara vs Daniel Jacobs vs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I didnt know that about Korobov. It's no wonder he looks like the terminator in the ring, dude has been breed for fighting. I'm going to have to check for those other names you listed, don't know a whole lot about them.

I know when he fights on the under cards in NYC, Arum finds him the two hottest russian girls and has them go all over Brooklyn with him. LoL

One thing is for sure, when I see guys like Lara and Korobov coming over here with 300+ amateur fights, and basically lived their entire lives just to box, I really don't know how American Boxing can compete with that.

These guys are basically championship, world class level, as soon as they go pro.
    What does this have to do with anything??

Comment

Originally posted by -Reflexes- View Post
      Plenty, because the old Soviet system has proven to be better at developing world class talent from a young age.

Comment

Jacobs has the most talent of the ones you named and the most backing to be a superstar in the future. They all have a shot though, this division will be pretty freaking stacked once they all come of age.
        Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-21-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Lara is the most talented out of those 3 IMO. Lara is amazing.
          If Lara keeps progressing your statement will prove correct. The dude is on another level. He rarely gets out of position.

Comment

Nothing, just a random thought.

Top fighters out of the U.S. use to have extensive amateur careers, and multiple invites to nationals, olympics, etc.

Look at guys like Tarvar, Zab, Mosley, Hoya, Vargas, etc all had great Amateur records. Look at our prospects now, and they havnt done half what these guys did.

All I'm saying is the U.S. is slacking with it's young prospects, I don't think that can even be argued against.

Comment

in order i'd go lara, guerrero, korobov and then jacobs.
              -i understand that jacobs is getting the most hype but i think he's a bit overrated as a prospect. he's a like a jack of all trades top prospect, but nothing about him really stands out. he's looked less impressive and more hittable as he's stepped up his competition
              -korobov is good as well. very economical fighter who has a great understanding of distance, but i think he's a bit stiff. in his last fight it looked like he could have trouble with boxers and movers.
              -guerrero's a bit of a wild card in those divisions (jr.mid/mid). he's probably got the most exciting style. the kid throws effortless combos with easy power, but i also think he's well schooled. barry hunter's a very good trainer as far as fundamentals. if he and korobov were to fight down the line, it'd be an absolute war.
              -i just think lara's one of the most well-rounded prospects in the entire game and my favorite out of all the cuban prospects. great upper body movement, smooth combinations, great defense and reflexes. it jsut looks like he sees everything in slow motion.

lots of great young fighters at 154-160 and some potentially awesome matchups.
              these 4 +:angulo, kirkland, porter (if he stays at 154), omar henry, joe greene, austin trout (if he stays our of jail), demetrius andrade!, peter quillin, golovkin, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Nothing, just a random thought.

Top fighters out of the U.S. use to have extensive amateur careers, and multiple invites to nationals, olympics, etc.

Look at guys like Tarvar, Zab, Mosley, Hoya, Vargas, etc all had great Amateur records. Look at our prospects now, and they havnt done half what these guys did.

All I'm saying is the U.S. is slacking with it's young prospects, I don't think that can even be argued against.

You sure about that?

Shawn Porter, Danny Jacobs, Omar Henry and Mike Jones are 4 of the best prospects on the planet.

Comment

You sure about that?

Shawn Porter, Danny Jacobs, Omar Henry and Mike Jones are 4 of the best prospects on the planet.
                  ahhh. mike jones too. i think his future will be at 154 as well.

Comment

Laras the best of the bunch, Jacobs doesnt look like he'll be able to hold a good shot.

Comment

anybody seen or know enough about jermell charlo or keith thurman?
                      only seen footage of charlo but im unsure of his dimensions. never seen thurman fight but i've heard good things.
                      theyre both currently campaigning at welter.

Comment

Working...
                      X