No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
    no these fans got revisionist memory! Nobody was calling for a margarito, Clottey, or a williams fight. Only maragrito fans was calling floyd out for margarito who ended up losing to Williams after that video surfaced of margarito approaching Floyd.

Margarito is a chump!
    and im sure evryone was calling for a baldomir,judah(after lossing to baldo),michell,gatti,bruseless,sosa over margo, cotto,shane,tzu,casa, freitas, etc......lol

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      your missing my point brother you said he didn't have his first WW fight until after Floyd fought Oscar I was simply pointng out that he had already fougth at WW two times...Lefty
      ok, im wit U.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        and im sure evryone was calling for a baldomir,judah(after lossing to baldo),michell,gatti,bruseless,sosa over margo, cotto,shane,tzu,casa, freitas, etc......lol
        they were calling for Baldomir, that fight did like 340,000. Kenny was giving Floyd da business about not fighting Baldomir...lol

Judah they wanted to, check this site...check the archives, u'll see. Judah was the undisputed champ at 147 and had speed and could box. yeah they were calling for it.

Do some looking...do some research! google the fights around 05 - 07, u'll see.

Comment

There was a time when I was really iffy on Mayweather. Like when he went soft against Baldomir. Most of his WW progress has been very disappointing. But I give a man credit where credit is due: he went right after a fight with Pacquiao, contacting GBP as soon as the Cotto fight was over and told them to get it done. He showed no reluctance. The negotiations fell apart and that sucks, but how did Floyd respond? By taking the next best challenge at Welterweight.

As of right now, I can't see how people can be complaining about Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
            There was a time when I was really iffy on Mayweather. Like when he went soft against Baldomir. Most of his WW progress has been very disappointing. But I give a man credit where credit is due: he went right after a fight with Pacquiao, contacting GBP as soon as the Cotto fight was over and told them to get it done. He showed no reluctance. The negotiations fell apart and that sucks, but how did Floyd respond? By taking the next best challenge at Welterweight.

As of right now, I can't see how people can be complaining about Mayweather.
            I won't complain if he fights Mosley next. But his competition at welter prior to that was very, very disappointing. Quite frankly, at 140 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
              they were calling for Baldomir, that fight did like 340,000. Kenny was giving Floyd da business about not fighting Baldomir...lol

Judah they wanted to, check this site...check the archives, u'll see. Judah was the undisputed champ at 147 and had speed and could box. yeah they were calling for it.

Do some looking...do some research! google the fights around 05 - 07, u'll see.
              really?.........baldo and judah over cotto and margo?.....BS....lol

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I won't complain if he fights Mosley next. But his competition at welter prior to that was very, very disappointing. Quite frankly, at 140 as well.
                That's what I was saying.. But as of right now, I see Floyd doing everything to get the biggest fights AND the biggest challenges.

Comment

130- fought the best
                  135- fought the best
                  140- a lil questionable but I don't recall any very good fighters at 140(Kosta was beat by Hatton)
                  147- weak opposition

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                    I figured the real question is Which guy is Floyd Mayweather? The guy who cntradicts himself all the time and seems to make excuses to DUCK other fighters. The guy who CHERRY picks smaller opponents and refuses to fight true WW men that are in his division? Or the guy in the highlight video who seems to be unbeatable and the best of our era?....Lefty
                    I think you simply have to make a difference Lefty between a personal opinion of how a fighter should behave and facts.

I as much as anybody can only assume things. I'm not Floyd... I'm not his homie or in his team or whatever and can only guess why he does what he does. I personally can understand and defend most of the things he did in his career. Do I wish that he would have fought someone different at times... YES, but you also have to see that there are always two for an tango you know.

When it comes to the lower classes I think we don't have to talk about... at 135 and 140 I heard him many times call out good fighters. I'm not talking about Mayweather today... I'm talking about the humble guy who was asked frequently after fights who he wants to fight... and he said simply Tszyu, Freitas, Casamayor etc. and I believe him... I don't know why I should put the blame on him only for these fights not materalizing... he was a P4P guy and was the most skilled boxer BUT he had never any power to make something. PPL seem to forget that he was not that Ray Leonard guy who could walk out of the Olympics and fight bums (not saying that he fought bums) and make millions... could choose who he wanted to fight... Floyd never was that.

I think it approach changed pretty much as he realised I'm the best, I'm fighting the best but it doesn't get me anywhere... so he arranged more for name fighters... it is well documented that he wanted to fight Cotto and Hatton at 140... who were both champs at the time... both at the time couldn't have competed with him... so I understand that these two ain't fought him at the time... but what should he do more then wanting to fight champions (that fight against Bruseless was a joke no question about it) you know...

He moved up to 147 and wanted to fight the undisputed champion Judah... who lost to Baldomir... he fought them both (both were welterweights and top ranked at the time)

After that DLH, which anybody would have done

After that Hatton... I to this day don't understand why Hatton is called smaller... Hatton was a champion at 147... Hatton was the best at 140... that Hatton wasn't as good at 147 as he was at 140 is true but Mayweather at 147 is also not as good as at 130... it's normal for a guy who is the best in his division and has no challenges anymore to move up... I don't understand what the big deal is. Pacquiao as now is as much a real welter as Ricky Hatton is or was.

He retired... everybody can have his opinion of why... but fact is he retired or took a break from the sport whatever you wanna call it.

He came back and fought Marquez. He was a comeback fight... a good name to make ppl interested and to keep him sharp (even though Marquez couldn't hurt him, he is a very sharp puncher) and to give ppl some reason to say wow, he beat the guy who Pacquiao had problems with... Marquez was nothing more then a tune-up...

He went after Pacquiao who is the best right now... it doesn't materialized...

Now as it seems we have Mosley... the best welter right now... I really don't see what the fuzz is all about... could have been his resume better yes... is it his fault - to a degree yes...

At Welterweight he fought 5 fights until now...

Sharmba Mitchell former champion at 140, but was fighting at the time at 147, I don't know if he was ranked
                    Judah, ranked 2 or 3 I believe
                    Baldomir, ranked 1
                    Hatton, best at 140, former welter champ... could be that he still was ranked
                    Marquez, tune-up after retirement (which is nothing unusual... most fighters after comeback fight an easy fight, even Leonard after his first retirement)
                    and Now Mosley, ranked 1 or 2

Are the names a bit lacking yes, but at the time he fought Judah and Baldomir there was no Cotto or Mosley around... he could have fought Margarito but at the time Margarito was not bigger then either Judah or Baldomir...

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                      That's what I was saying.. But as of right now, I see Floyd doing everything to get the biggest fights AND the biggest challenges.
                      True. I gave him a pass for Marquez because of the layoff and cant complain about him wanting Pac or Mosley. Don't see how anyone else can.

Comment

Working...
                      X