No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
    no these fans got revisionist memory! Nobody was calling for a margarito, Clottey, or a williams fight. Only maragrito fans was calling floyd out for margarito who ended up losing to Williams after that video surfaced of margarito approaching Floyd.

Margarito is a chump!
    No, what i'm saying is that factually cotto had a fight with Clottey - 2 top rank fighters. there would be no step aside $$$ from Floyd for that fight.

Now if your asking, would he have fought Cotto, absolutely. He been trying to fight him since 140 division.

Cotto didn't come to 147 division until around the time of the 2nd oscar fight that didn't happen.
    So when he fought ricky, he could have fought Cotto but chose the $$$ and clout that ricky had at the time. P4P list, hatton was rated higher and brought more $$$.

Now if u want to say he should have fought cotto after hatton, then Ok.

My due I got nothing but love for you but Cotto's first fight at 147 was against Quintana in Dec 06 Mayweather fought Oscar in May of 07. Cotto had already beaten Urkal by then March 07 at 147lbs and fought Zab in June 07 ...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
      People tend to rewrite history a bit. The only guy Floyd should have faced before he retired is Cotto. Neither one seemed that interested. Clottey makes sense now but at the time most people would have not been impressed.

You have to understand that people dont follow the history of boxing, They go with what happens now, Mayweather should have fought Cotto after the Hatton fight and he should have fought Margarito after he beat Cotto.

Mosley is another case but Mosley is to blame more than anything else for the fight not happening sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
        My due I got nothing but love for you but Cotto's first fight at 147 was against Quintana in Dec 06 Mayweather fought Oscar in May of 07. Cotto had already beaten Urkal by then March 07 at 147lbs and fought Zab in June 07 ...Lefty
        dec 06 is basically 07. the oscar fight was already on the table for may 07. Cotto wasn't taken serious at WW until after he beat up Judah. remember Cotto was looked at as having a suspect chin at 140.

after Floyd fought oscar and 2nd fight was immediately being talked about. Cotto kept building up his name and fought Mosley later in the year. Floyd quit the oscar negotiation, retired and then came back and fought hatton who was rated higher than Cotto at the time.

Now, if u saying he should have fought cotto after hatton , then Ok.
        Last edited by cortdawg25; 01-21-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

No, what i'm saying is that factually cotto had a fight with Clottey - 2 top rank fighters. there would be no step aside $$$ from Floyd for that fight.

Now if your asking, would he have fought Cotto, absolutely. He been trying to fight him since 140 division.

Cotto didn't come to 147 division until around the time of the 2nd oscar fight that didn't happen.

So when he fought ricky, he could have fought Cotto but chose the $$$ and clout that ricky had at the time. P4P list, hatton was rated higher and brought more $$$.

Now if u want to say he should have fought cotto after hatton, then Ok.

he wants to go where the money is...... no problem all i'm saying is this if he had the audacity to ask for a blood test and make up his own rule......... i believe he could've found a way to fight guys in his own size regarding any situation if he really wanted............ so you can't blame the fans for going after him.

he even mentioned it in his interview that he fights for money not for legacy (again no problem) but how can you call someone great when the fighter himself don't worry about his own legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
            I don't believe he's ducked all the fighters some say he has but yeah he does contradict himself a lot...

Some of ya'll say u respect what he does in the ring, and then go and say he's fought bums, old fighters, and smaller opponents...make your mind up...
            We respect his skills, no one can deny that. We don't necessarily respect his selection of opponents and opponents that he had specifically and intentionally avoided. In other words, it's obvious that he got skills but it is not really tested due to the fact that he hasn't fought any top WW since Judah and Baldomir, that's going back 5yrs ago. So how can he call himself the greatest if you haven't fought any great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by noname007 View Post
              he wants to go where the money is...... no problem all i'm saying is this if he had the audacity to ask for a blood test and make up his own rule......... i believe he could've found a way to fight guys in his own size regarding any situation if he really wanted............ so you can't blame the fans for going after him.

he even mentioned it in his interview that he fights for money not for legacy (again no problem) but how can you call someone great when the fighter himself don't worry about his own legacy.
              u can go after him all u want, but be correct in what u say. That's what i'm pointing out. a lot criticism people have for him is revisionist history and non factual.

Blood testing is nothing new just like fighting for titles at catchweights is nothing new!

Comment

dec 06 is basically 07. the oscar fight was already on the table for may 07. Cotto wasn't taken serious at WW until after he beat up Judah. remember Cotto was looked at as having a suspect chin at 140.

after Floyd fought oscar and 2nd fight was immediately being talked about. Cotto kept building up his name and fought Mosley later in the year. Floyd quit the oscar negotiation, retired and then came back and fought hatton who was rated higher than Cotto at the time.

Now, if u saying he should have fought cotto after hatton , then Ok.
                No I was just saying that Cotto had 2 fights at 147lbs before May of 07 is all....Lefty

Comment

So Pacquiao should have found a way to fight people like Juan diaz, Guzman, Funeka, Campbell etc???

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                    We respect his skills, no one can deny that. We don't necessarily respect his selection of opponents and opponents that he had specifically and intentionally avoided. In other words, it's obvious that he got skills but it is not really tested due to the fact that he hasn't fought any top WW since Judah and Baldomir, that's going back 5yrs ago. So how can he call himself the greatest if you haven't fought any great fighters.
                    but that's dumb to say because hatton was considered a great fighter when he fought him. Oscar was considered a good fighter and 1 of boxing biggest stars ever. JMM is a great figher.

margarito and Clottey and Williams till this day are not regarded in the same way as those fighters.

williams soon will be though.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                      I figured the real question is Which guy is Floyd Mayweather? The guy who cntradicts himself all the time and seems to make excuses to DUCK other fighters. The guy who CHERRY picks smaller opponents and refuses to fight true WW men that are in his division? Or the guy in the highlight video who seems to be unbeatable and the best of our era?....Lefty
                      What's your take on Floyd Mayweather? Hopefully not anything like the derranged Horus because if so, how can anyone have a reasonable debate with you?

Comment

Working...
                      X