Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nazim Richardson: "Shane Mosley will take any test to get his hands on Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazim Richardson: "Shane Mosley will take any test to get his hands on Mayweather"

Nazim Richardson:”Shane Mosley will take any test to get his hands on Mayweather”

Posted on Jan. 19th, 2010 by DB News Room

By: Albert Alvarez

Brother Nazim, talk to me what’s this about Mosley versus Mayweather in May?

NR- It is what it is brother. I’ve known Berto since he was like 12, so I want to say that I feel for the kid. All this about him losing out on money and another opportunity can all be had again, but somethings in life that are lost are lost forever. Some things you just can’t get back so I feel for the kid and I have recently told him all this.

I hear you, it’s really horrible about what’s happened out there, I mean you see pictures on tv and such but I couldn’t imagine what it’s like to really be there or to have family or friends there. It’s crazy.

NR- It really is. As I mentioned, I’ve known Berto for a while now so I know that he is a strong kid, we wish him the best, to him and to so many others that are dealing with this unfortunate situation.

As we now know that Berto had to pull out due to this awful tragedy in Haiti, Word has it that Mayweather is now being talked about as the new opponent for Shane, what’s your take, what are you hearing?

NR- I’m hearing the same, but I honestly try to stay out of all the talk, I sit back and let them do all the talk and when it comes time to do the walk, that’s when I step in and walk with you.

Mosley/Mayweather clash is great to me, but my problem with all this is the date. I mean Shane has already been on the shelf for a year, so if they wait till May that’s another 3-4 more months on top of that long break, it’s crazy to me.

NR- Thing is though that Shane stays sharp, I got no worries when it comes to Shane. It’s like Sugar Ray Leonard, Leonard done took like 3 or 4 years off only to come back and face the baddest meanest sothpaw fighter in the biz, in Marvin Hagler. If you stay doing your homework, come test time, you will be ready.

I agree, but I feel that they should have found a lesser foe to face Shane now just to keep Shane busy, then go on to face Floyd in May.

NR- We can all say that from the couch, from the couch it’s easy to say that. Thing is Albert, that when you are in a fight anything can happen, like a cut or an injury or something. You just never know, what I do know is that Shane has been wanting Floyd for a long long time.

So then talk to me about facing Floyd, I always love the way you are always able to break down the problem and relay to us an answer that registers the second that the answer is delivered. You are truly the best, in my opinion I always tell you that I feel that you are the sharpest mind in the game. Life is short, so I gotta tell you what I feel while we can still smell one another.

NR- I feel you on that brother, I feel you 100% on that. I lost my mother about a year ago, around the time we took on Pavlik. I now am so happy that I took the time to tell my mother how much I really appreciate everything she has done for me, I was a bad kid so I also apologized to her for all the bad stuff I did as a kid. My mother would tell me to stop saying sorry, that I was just a kid and that I lost my way for a while, it happens, she also told me that I made her very proud with how I turned my life around. So thank you for the very kind words.

I heard Oscar also once say that had he had you in his corner for his entire career that he might have retired undefeated.

NR- Wow, that means alot coming from Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar is another guy that we have to thank for all that he has done for the sport. There will never be another Oscar.

I agree, now on to Floyd, Floyd may very well be if not the best, then one of the best in this era when it comes to defending his space. Alot of people feel that he is the best defensive fighter of this era. I feel that he is great defensively but I feel alot of it has to do with wasted motion, wasting to many shots when his body is there for the taking. What’s your take?

NR- Will Shane’s speed be enough speed to find Floyd’s Footwork? Will Floyd be able to take Mosley’s Power when Shane finds him? Those are just 2 of the many questions to be answered once the fight gets made. I got to ask you, do you feel Floyd has the best defense of this era?

That’s hard to say, but he’s up there with Hopkins.

NR- I feel that Hopkins has the best defense of this era. Just like I feel that Whitaker was the best defensively in his era. Floyd’s style of defensive chess game has been used before alot, it’s just that Floyd has mastered it for such a long period of time. Floyd can be hit though. Hopkins defense is better because Bernard doesn’t allow for the entire punch to hit him at full impact. I have argued with Bernard about this, and you can ask him this when you speak to him. Bernard feels that Winky Wright has defense that ranks up there with his, but I tell Bernard that he is wrong because Winky still gets hit, Winky has that Ike Quartey defense, same with Clottey, and same with Abraham. Whitaker had the best defense though, you just couldn’t hit Whitaker.

So what will happen once Floyd asks Shane for all these random Blood tests?

NR- Floyd was looking to take Pacquiao to the dance, Pacquiao also wanted to take Floyd to the dance, but they wanted to take each other on their own terms, so they picked the wrong dance partner in each other. If Floyd asks Shane to the dance, Floyd will find himself a date for sure. Shane will gladly take any blood test just as long as he is able to get his hands on Floyd. Floyd, if you want a dance partner, you got one right here in Shane.

The ultimate prize is a date with Pacquiao, so does Pacquiao have enough to beat a warrior like Clottey?

NR- I say yes because of this. I’m gonna tell it to you like this. Pacquiao knows how to win, and Clottey knows how to compete. Alright brother, well I got to get going, I got to work with Steve Cunningham right now.
    Boxing News www.diamondboxing.com

http://www.diamondboxing.com/news/archives/4933

Props to Shane. No bitching. No crying. No lawsuits.

He just wants the fight.
    Last edited by -Reflexes-; 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM.

Comment

No ****. Shane is desperate for a big payday before he retires.

Comment

Will Floyd fight someone who he knows is enhanced, even if Shane is clean now?
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=349782

He wouldn't fight someone who he suspected was enhanced (Pac).

I'm 50/50 on whether this fight gets made.

Comment

beggars can't be choosers

Comment

Good interview, Nazim is by far the most entertaining trainer to listen to. Thanks!

Comment

Of course Shane is willing. The real question: is Floyd willing?

Shane can't fight himself on May 1.

Comment

lol the ultimate prize is a fight with pacquiao.

floyd is just a tune up for shane to get to pac.

Comment

nice to see fighters who are willing to prove they're clean

Comment

*waits for bitches to call pacquiao a ******

Comment

Working...
                    X