No announcement yet.

3 REASON why FLOYD is 1 STEP AHEAD of MANNY ARUM AND ROACH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
    Do you actually think this was all planned from the start?
    Mayweather=Keyser Soze?
    lol I agree

He's been pretty lucky. He didn't get his father to put the roid stuff out there to destroy Pacquiao either - I doubt even he would have forseen them going so ape**** over it and further incriminating themselves

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
      The very reason Mayweather is always a STEP AHEAD of everybody is because he likes to run before he gets caught. Period.
      hey listen i am no mayweather fan but you have to admit he makes good calculated moves when it comes to choosing his career path and gaining leverage at the negotiations table. I have VALID points to just dissmiss them and call FMJ a chicken makes no sense and shows your ignorance to business aspects of the sport. lets face whether we like it or not it is called PRIZE FIGHTING for a reason....THERE IS A PURSE INVOLVED....The fact that PAC is causing Mayweather to choose a solid opponent is to our beneficary and we should not look upon it as a duck but the fact we are going to get two very good fights before the MEGA FIGHT in 2010....Lefty

Comment

Wait, Wait, Wait...why is Berto NOT fighting Mosley? He pulled out yesterday? 1/18/10 Pacific Time?

If Floyd is going to demand random Olympic style drug testing for all his fights, what is he trying to achieve? "clean up boxing" he says? I guess. What is he on? A crusade or something...to get steroids out of professional sports

As for Pac on Roids? Uhh...Pacquiao's SO 2008; he should quit while he's ahead. Save his career and legacy. If he's really on drugs that is.

Well, something very exciting has to happen in boxing soon. Cus last year 2009 was aiite. Nothing too spectacular like the years before.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          Pacquiao ducked Mayweather and now boxing goes on to a great great fight between Mayweather and Mosley. Pacquiao screwed up big time. When Mayweather beats Mosley and the ppv out sells Manny's, there will be no 50/50.
          IF Mayweather beat Mosley IF my man...Mosley aint no push over nor is he a blown up LW. Let us not just ASSUME he is going to win. Allbeit I think he is the favorite at this point and I am not dillusional about Mosley's chances but Mosley is going to test Floyd like he has never been tested before. But I will go with you scenario and say Mayeather bests Mosley in a good hard fight like I am expecting than yes mayweather makes for a better leverage at the bargaining table later on this year...Lefty

Comment

well though out points....good job lefty some green

Comment

I wont say Mayweather planned all of this but he does take his time and make smart decisions, where as Pacquiao doesn't seem to make any decisions himself. Arum calls the shots over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                Wait, Wait, Wait...why is Berto NOT fighting Mosley? He pulled out yesterday? 1/18/10 Pacific Time?

If Floyd is going to demand random Olympic style drug testing for all his fights, what is he trying to achieve? "clean up boxing" he says? I guess. What is he on? A crusade or something...to get steroids out of professional sports

As for Pac on Roids? Uhh...Pacquiao's SO 2008; he should quit while he's ahead. Save his career and legacy. If he's really on drugs that is.

Well, something very exciting has to happen in boxing soon. Cus last year 2009 was aiite. Nothing too spectacular like the years before.
                is their a problem with trying to clean the sport

Comment

Originally posted by swizz View Post
                  is their a problem with trying to clean the sport
                  No there is no problem with trying to clean up the sport but I think he had alternative motives in the first place but he has backed himself into a corner with the test demands now and even if he was not trying to CLEAN UP THE SPORT he now forced himself to be that guy and move forward with future request to not look stupid...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by KittenFlaps View Post
                    No doubt. I like that a lot of commentators and writers seem to think Floyd needs a PR person when it seems Floyd has a better grasp on PR and bending the views of the casual fans than anyone he could hire.

I think most avid boxing fans tend to take Mayweather with a grain of salt, but you are right in that the casual fans probably won't see past what is blatantly shoved in their faces by wither the media or the promoter/fighter.
                    COmpared to most prime example PAC who don;t do any of their own PR Floyd is a genius when it comes to manipulation and getting his point across. Even if his goal is too make you HATE him he can pull it off...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by swizz View Post
                      i think all athletes should face extreme drug testing....you telling me you would cheat for a medal but not for millions?????anyone please been tryin to get the answer to this one
                      Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      I agree that its a little funny that he's demanding blood tests from here on out after 40 professional fights, but it is what it is.

If he didn't he'd be lambasted.
                      Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                      Come on. Every fighter is in doubt if they can beat their opponent. Floyd did the right thing to ask, and Pacquiao is just stupid not to agree.
                      Getting the medal can lead to millions. Even if not in a pro career but in endorsements being on the front of ceral boxes and extra hype if you do go pro. Whether he demanded this type of testing in his 1st pro fight or his 40th he was smart to do so. Let us be honest if a fighter in their first pro fight demanded this type of testing he would be told to F OFF....And yes the fighter who denies the tests is the one left standing in a spot light of negativaty...Lefty

Comment

Working...
                      X