Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather fought any previous opponents close to Mr. Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mayweather fought any previous opponents close to Mr. Mosley?

Trying to get a feel for how each guy has done when facing a similiar opponent.
    Mosley did well against Collazo who has elements of Mayweather's style. But for Floyd I dont know, really none of his opponents fits. Maybe Jose Luis Castillo, others ?

In the sense that like Castillo, Shane will probably take some to give some and won't let up.

Collazo is a Southpaw which is totally different from a righty and Floyd is faster and just better. Floyd has never fought anyone like Shane though except maybe someone like Oscar a little

Comment

The closest thing to Mosley floyd ever encountered was an old DLH,he didn't dominate him,by the way!!Mosley isn't no domestic cat like floyd is used to!!He's a tiger!!

Comment

Baldomir...

Comment

Among Floyd fought....only Oscar is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
            Mosley did well against Collazo who has elements of Mayweather's style. But for Floyd I dont know, really none of his opponents fits. Maybe Jose Luis Castillo, others ?

In the sense that like Castillo, Shane will probably take some to give some and won't let up.
            i dont see how you see that?

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post

The fact is if this version of Floyd fought that version of Castillo right now, Floyd would KO him. And the only person even remotely similar to Shane are ODLH and Judah IMO as far as speed and angels go and willingness to trade and move. Now while Castillo is the only person to give Floyd Considerable damage, that version of Floyd was stubborn and not in control of his right like the current version and also relied to often on his standing D rather then his retreating D!

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                Among Floyd fought....only Oscar is greater.
                Really? Only Oscar? I don't mean to defend Floyd here but to say that only Oscar was, is very ignorant. I won't even bother properly nullifying this ignorant post.

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
                The closest thing to Mosley floyd ever encountered was an old DLH,he didn't dominate him,by the way!!Mosley isn't no domestic cat like floyd is used to!!He's a tiger!!
                Anyone who watched that fight carefully, especially more than once (even better 3-4x) knows Floyd DID beat Oscar very convincingly that night. The first time I saw it live I had it scored 7 to 5 for Floyd at worst, and the 2nd time I analyzed it carefully and ended up with an 8 to 4. Many boxing analysts have been said to give similar scores, even 9 to 3 (which I am now leaning a little more towards after watching it 4x).

The only times Oscar did anything was when he had him in the ropes and would throw a barrage of punches of which 80-90% were blocked or dodged. Other than that, Floyd landed the most shots and most power punches and the punchstats clearly showed that gap.

I sincerely dislike people who can't judge a boxing fight unbiasedly or those who allow themselves to be taken in by dramatic acts such as throwing barrages that don't even land or score. And then there are those who just go with the hype of the crowd and thing punches are landing because the crowd got excited.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Comment

Working...
                X