Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, can ANYONE provide an ACCURATE detail of what Margarito had in his wraps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, can ANYONE provide an ACCURATE detail of what Margarito had in his wraps?

I'm hearing he had plaster of paris, that there was plaster LIKE substance, that he just had knuckle wraps,

WHAT did he have? Any article that has the correct information?

Who knows? The whole thing was very bizarrely handled. The California Athletic Commission didn't seem to make much public about it all. Two possible reasons for that:

1) Margarito could well be 'innocent' and the whole thing is a lot of fuss over some old wraps and some hand cream.

or

2) Margarito literally had a rock hard substance in his wraps and the authorities **** themselves because it was only Nasim that spotted it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      I'm hearing he had plaster of paris, that there was plaster LIKE substance, that he just had knuckle wraps,

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        Who knows? The whole thing was very bizarrely handled. The California Athletic Commission didn't seem to make much public about it all. Two possible reasons for that:

1) Margarito could well be 'innocent' and the whole thing is a lot of fuss over some old wraps and some hand cream.

or

2) Margarito literally had a rock hard substance in his wraps and the authorities **** themselves because it was only Nasim that spotted it.
        I agree, either 1 or 2 but I'm going with 2.

Comment

Shane Mosley fight and tampered handwraps controversy

Margarito fought Shane Mosley on January 24, 2009 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. He lost the fight and his WBA title by 9th round TKO to Shane Mosley. Controversy erupted before the fight started when a cornerman for Mosley observed that Margarito had a pasty white substance in his handwraps prior to the fight. The California Department of Justice laboratory later confirmed the substance to be similar in nature to plaster of paris. As a result of the incident Margarito was forced to rewrap his hands multiple times before the fight. The California State Athletic Commission judged the evidence and considered him and his trainer Javier Capetillo guilty of altering his bandages, suspending him for 'at least a year' on February 10, 2009.

Due to the reciprocal nature of such suspensions, this is a de facto suspension across all US states.
          That's from wikipedia..I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed..but Capetillo and Margarito would never speak on what it was..and since it was only the ingredients..it wasn't confirmed nor denied..but was illegal..that's why I believe it was only a 1 yr ban..if they had admitted it was plaster of paris..than I think a lifetime ban would have been served for both..

Comment

Originally posted by RedSmith View Post
            haaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

He had an unfair illegal advantage. Thats all that matters.

Comment

funny how two guys in the thread asking questions and basically hinting that it might not be as big a deal are two former or perhaps still current Margarito defenders who have a history of saying he was a good fighter

Comment

haaaaaaaaaaaa
                  what is that gu swallowing in your sig? hahah slick as a mug

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                    funny how two guys in the thread asking questions and basically hinting that it might not be as big a deal are two former or perhaps still current Margarito defenders who have a history of saying he was a good fighter
                    those 2 guys are?

Comment

Working...
                    X