No announcement yet.

Fixing Mayweather's RUINED Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingholic View Post
    Flyod ruined his own legacy, by not fighting the best. Flyod could have been the guy with a legacy and be talk to for generations. But Flyod even said "Legacy dont pay Bills".
    All he cares most is his 0, so he pick fights that are guaranteed win for him.

Flyod is a ducker and coward. Deal with it.
    Its really just bad luck that there is no one left for him to fight today. Mosley(2) with Berto(6). Pacquiao(2) with Clottey(5). Cotto(4) with Foreman. Margarito(7) with TBA.

Just bad luck plain and simple that anyone Floyd fights would make him look like a chicken, a coward, and a ducker as the general public would call it. Maybe they should just bribe Berto to step aside. I'm sure he'll step aside for a million and a promise that he fights the winner of Mosley/Floyd.

Comment

Dude, let Floyd worry about his own legacy.

Comment

You're beginning to sound like that guy from that "Leave Britney alone" video. Nevertheless, wish your hero good luck in picking an opponent worthy to test his talents once again.

Comment

what legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Floid Fan View Post
            Being a Mayweather fan I am worried that he may never be able to regain his ruined legacy. Here's why.

Before Mayweather ducked Manny Pacquiao, he was already rated as one of the 15 greatest defensive fighters of all time. But sadly, his reputation and character has taken a seemingly irreversible nose dive as a result of the ignorant public's unfair and unjust act of demonizing Floyd as a person of ill-character. To make matters worse, experts and layman alike have all belittled all of his life accomplishments as a fighter.

Floyd has been called everything from "chicken" to "coward" to "ducker". Some have even gone so far as to call him "un-American". We all know that these charges are unfair given that Floyd has beaten some very good fighters including the ever tough Gatti, the durable Baldomir, the masterful De La Hoya, and of course Zab Judah who almost beat Floyd and gave him the test of a lifetime. A test Pretty Boy courageously passed with flying colors. Not to mention his impressive 10th round TKO of the junior welterweight king Ricky Hatton and his near flawless victory over the game but outmatched lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez.

As a Mayweather fan, it hurts me to see how this future Hall of Famer's legacy is being irreversibly damaged by fanatical fans and unethical journalists who, sitting safely behind their computers, nonetheless, lay fatal judgments of Mayweather's worth that are guaranteed to echo through the years and decades ahead. The more successful Mayweather becomes, the louder the unfair cries of "chicken", "coward", and "ducker" linger in each boxing fan's ears.

Mayweather can of course redeem himself by fighting some of the fighters that he has unfortunately and unfairly been accused of having ducked. These include: Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Williams, Mosley, Berto, and of course the overrated but hard working Pacquiao.

And here's where the problem lies. All of these fighters are unavailable (all are committed to fighting each other leaving Floyd totally out of the loop) thus robbing Floyd of the opportunity to IMMEDIATELY redeem himself and quickly reversing the seemingly irreversible tide of negative public opinion and utter destruction of his legacy. It is like he has been caught in a career destroying tsunami that he is incapable of preventing.

Which leaves us the question. Who should Floyd Mayweather fight next to at least halt or minimize the damage that his legacy has taken in the past month? Junior welterweight speedster Malignaggi? The veteran lightweight Campbell? The dangerous super welterweight Cintron?

It seems like time is running out on Floyd Mayweather. I hope he makes the right choices. And I hope he wins. He has entertained all of us for years with his masterful defensive skills, excellent ring generalship, and, as difficult as this may be for his critics to accept, tremendous courage.

Sad but true that it is too late for Floid to reverse the irrevocable damage to what used to by a fine legacy that unfortunately has been fatally tarnished in just one month. I feel very sad for Floyd because almost every poll has wrongly branded him a person of ill-character who blew a $40 Million Dollar fight. In fact, I heard on the radio in the past week something truly shocking and unfair. A commentator from a local radio station that I was listening to while eating at a restaurant sometime in the past week said the following statement that I know is a lie:

"Floyd Mayweather jr. is the son of Floyd Mayweather I who is an ex-convict drug dealer criminal. Therefore, there is a reasonable chance that he must be taking some 'you know what'. Now, I am not saying that Floyd is on roidz but you never know..."

This statement both shocked and infuriated me because I know that there has never been any evidence that Mayweather has ever used steroids. Floid has always passed all of the tests that he has ever taken in Nevada. I believe he has passed the drug test a record 8 times in a row. No one to my knowledge has passed the Nevada drug test more times than Floyd Mayweather. Unfortunately, I forgot which radio station it was - though I'm sure it was an AM (not FM) station - but I really believe that the commentator should be banned! His slimey use of "unnamed but reliable sources" to support his false hints that alledgedly Floyd is on roidz was truly lame and pathetic.

To make it worse, the people at the other table immediately believed what they had just heard. They laughed as they said, "Floyd Roid is on Steroids". I hope they were just joking as it was cruel what they just said. It was especially painful for me to hear those words given that I am one of Floyd Mayweather's biggest fans.

But yes, it may be too late too late too late for Floyd Mayweather to reverse the hopeless tide of the permanent destruction of his once admirable legacy. It's just one of the tragedies of these modern times that unfair and blatantly false one liners like "Floyd Roid is on Steroids" and "Floyd Mayweather is a ducker, chicken, and coward who never wanted to fight Manny in the first place" get spread like uncontrollable viruses throughout people's consciousness and pervade their memories night after night like one of those songs that you can't seem to get out of your head.

This hurts me as a Floyd fan who strongly believes that Floyd Mayweather is 100% clean and would never use lies and deceptions to defame another person's character so that it would appear that person, not he, who the public will be misled to believe as the ducker.

People! Floyd is not a ducker. Don't think that Floyd is a coward. Don't think that Floyd is a chicken. Shame on you if you think so! Shame on you, I say!!!!!

Long live Floyd Mayweather! Long live honesty! Long live decency! And may the day finally come when Floyd teaches Pacquiao and Mosley boxing lessons that they can never forget. As Floyd was once heard to have said, "I am greater than Sugar Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Henry Armstrong, Sugar Ray Leonard, and Manny Pacquiao put together. I have never lost a fight but all of these so-called top 5 pound for pound all-time greats have lost a fight. No one can beat Floid Mayweather." I agree.
            lol yeah you are a Floyd fan like I'm an African American

Comment

lol, Pacqauio fans knows NO limit, You got time creating an ALT account pretending to be a Mayweather fan...Sad

Comment

Originally posted by Floid Fan View Post
                Its really just bad luck that there is no one left for him to fight today. Mosley(2) with Berto(6). Pacquiao(2) with Clottey(5). Cotto(4) with Foreman. Margarito(7) with TBA.

Just bad luck plain and simple that anyone Floyd fights would make him look like a chicken, a coward, and a ducker as the general public would call it. Maybe they should just bribe Berto to step aside. I'm sure he'll step aside for a million and a promise that he fights the winner of Mosley/Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray` View Post
                  lol, Pacqauio fans knows NO limit, You got time creating an ALT account pretending to be a Mayweather fan...Sad

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                    ..... this dude is secretly on pac's nutts, believe 'dat

.. and he should be, pac is all the boxer that ducky-money-May can handle and if if comes down to a slugfest floyd ain't gonna have not answers. Pacman by tko rd #10

P.S. homie, I used to be the biggest floyd fan, then reality set in and i realized floyd ducked all the elite WW's, but likes to call himself the best. All that talk with espn brian kenny about shane mosley having 5 losses was f"uckin hiliarious, its gonna be more hiliarious when some body with 5 losses KO's his ass. Shane mosley UD 12

he will never fight P.will ---> p.will by 5rd ko

He might fight Cotto now that he got beat, but i'll still take cotto on that one by SD 12

Marga-cheato is suspect now, he has been exposed as Chiny-chin-chinned by shane ... mayweather may win this one, by it a toss up draw.

Kermit the frog might get a chance with floyd, and he could actually win. I wouldn't take bets on this fight possible draw.

Clottey would get out pointed by mayweather the same way Pac is gonna.

Berto has a chance to beat floyd. floyd would probably win by 12rd ud though.

I'm out people, i used to be a floyd fan, but i got the program eventually, and now i'm hangin with Pac -----Follow my lead and smarten up people
                    Good ****,I used to like the 135 floyd,but this new floyd is clearly shook!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agentsmith View Post
                      Dude, let Floyd worry about his own legacy.
                      Exactly the problem. The fighters themselves are only partly responsible for their legacies. The media plays a big role in shaping fighter's legacies and they just happen to be unfairly biased against Floid.

Comment

Working...
                      X