Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Journeymen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn i should tell cliff to fight some mma.

Comment

Jason "2 Smooth" Booth.

Legend.

His Brother wasn't bad on his day either.
      Booths last fight.

Last edited by hammerhiem; 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Id have to go with Smokin Bert Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by NonelikeNunn View Post
          Id have to go with Smokin Bert Cooper

Smokin Bert is kind of a hero of mine.

There was a young heavyweight Richie Melito jr whose promoters were fixing fights for him (one got prison time for it)

Bert was his first real test. There were rumors Cooper was going to be paid off, so they told Bert you better try or we will suspend your purse.

Bert ko'ed the hype job in the second round, and the guy's phony career was basically over.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Purrity gave Tommy Morrison all he wanted and went 12 with Corrie Sander.

He had the potential to be better than simply a journeyman.
            His win over Wladimir looks pretty good on his resume also. He was a trainer at the gym here in town. I'd assume he still is, but I havent been for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
              His win over Wladimir looks pretty good on his resume also. He was a trainer at the gym here in town. I'd assume he still is, but I havent been for awhile.

He was also Sanders sparring partner before the Klitschko fight when Sanders upset him.

He had to be able to take a shot if he sparred with Sanders, that's for damn sure.

If he would've started and stayed with boxing rather than football, who knows how good he could've been but in the pros he was basically learning on the job and did ok all considering.

You said you know him?

Comment

Rogers Mtagwa, Emmanuel Augustus, Glen Johnson, Ray Olivera, Maurice Harris.

Off the top of my head.

Comment

Mickey Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Street Bully Jr View Post
                    Mickey Ward.

i thought about listing ward and johnson but thought they were a bit above journeyman.

Comment

Working...
                    X