Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Sonsona Needs To Do Some Research And See How Many Champs PR Have Had", Vazquez jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sonsona Needs To Do Some Research And See How Many Champs PR Have Had", Vazquez jr.

Bayamon - If Wilfredo Vazquez, were to make a gift to his next opponent, the Filipino Marvin "Marvelous" Sonson (14-0-1, 12 KOs) would secure a computer to search for information on how many Puerto Rican fighters have become world champions.

For now, Vazquez, Jr. (17-0-1, 14 KOs) prepares to handle the left-hander his first loss on Feb. 27 when the two meet for the vacant world title at 122 pounds in a duel that has been dubbed "Making History."

"Sonsona has to come to Puerto Rico and see all the champions we have," the boxer responded to statements made by the southpaw on Thursday about his fellow boxers are better than Puerto Ricans.

"If he do not know, they should give him a computer to search the Internet and know how many champions has been from this small island. When they get to atleast 50 champions, and atleast 1 in all weight division, that have given glory to his country, he can tell me that Filipinos are better fighters than us, "argued a more serious note the fighter 25 minutes before a workout for the press in the gym Miguel J. Frau.

Beyond the inconvenience that caused these statements, Vazquez, son said he was happy and grateful for everything that has happened in these past three years.

"I'm confident in my fight, everyone here is good. I speak little and act within the 'ring' and I'm looking forward to the day of the fight because I know that Mr. Sonson is hungry but not more than me, I have a girl for whom to fight, "said Daddy, as you know the fighter Bayamon.

Vazquez bet maturity and physical condition, which he described as extraordinary, as the engines that will take you to become world champion. "He who has followed my career knows that I have very good legs, very good oxygen, I have very good punch, and after that I take my child. This I do for my child, "she argued, looking sideways at his daughter Lya, for three years.

In fact, he passed small scampering merrily around the gym. At one point during the training session, the youngest of three years old "challenged" his father to fight in the ring. Completely melted, the gladiator granted the request of his daughter.

About their condition, said it is 90%. He added that at this time must be weighing about 134 pounds. "When that bell rings, I hope that Mr. Sonson know who got in over your head, you will not fight with a kid like him, but with a man who knows why will fight. When he climbs up there will not be as easy as you think, "he said.

Wilfredo Vazquez Sr. gladiator trainer, said his offspring is training as usual. All we have done is train it to fight a southpaw, something that kids do the first time. For this Jomar Ortiz hired Febus, a southpaw who fights much like Sonson.

"Here, as is a lefty were struggling with that, but I corrected him," the former triple champion.

Vazquez, a father, believes the fight should not spend the sixth assault. "For me, Daddy is going to win before the sixth assault. If you spend six rounds, the Filipino will have a problem because you do not have good legs will take many more blows.

Link
    http://www.elnuevodia.com/novaapelea...no-660408.html

Sonsona needs to be more ****ing original and stop stealing famous nicknames. Only the great Marvin Hagler deserves the to use "marvelous" I can't believe they let this bum use it.

Comment

lolz @ the bum comment ...

he may not be that good or great but a world champ at 19, not to manny, have achieved that ...

Comment

I hope this guy teaches Sonsona the bum a lesson. He's a smug and should be given a lesson on humility and perseverance. Missed his flight 2 times? Making comments such as "Filipinos are better than PRs"? What an arrogant prick.

I'm 100% Filipino and I'm hating his guts right now. I hope he loses and comes out a better person after.

Comment

All that matters is what he does in the ring. He can say whatever he wants. He might really be a humble dude but trash talking and controversy is a part of boxing. He is gonna keep kicking some ass and he will get better.

He is going to dominate his next fight btw

Comment

I still can't believe how young he is, and he's a world champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
              I still can't believe how young he is, and he's a world champion!
              Wilfred Benitez was a world champion at age 17 (Youngest ever) and took the title from a Hall of Famer in Antonio Cervantez. Now that was really imppresive! Sonsona? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
                I hope this guy teaches Sonsona the bum a lesson. He's a smug and should be given a lesson on humility and perseverance. Missed his flight 2 times? Making comments such as "Filipinos are better than PRs"? What an arrogant prick.

I'm 100% Filipino and I'm hating his guts right now. I hope he loses and comes out a better person after.
                The worst thing that happened to this kid was to win a belt at 19, it clearly got to his head. In his last fight, he came in overweight and undertrained and was lucky to get a draw.

He's got power and some skill, but he has a long way to go to become elite. He is open to counters and swings wildly at times. A good fighter will box and counter the ears out of this kid.

I think a loss would be good for this kid, because he has the tools to come back if he ever finds the maturity and the humility of a champion.

Comment

Working...
                X