Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you criticize Pacquiao for fighting Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Get High View Post
    He ducked Mayweather to fight Clottey. Duckquiao is a *****.
    I know hatings a full-time job, but you be working overtime!

Comment

Originally posted by ummmid View Post
      according to burner, and some other *****s:

-clottey is cotto's leftover
      -clottey is tailor made for pac
      -clottey drains himself to make 147
      -clottey is overrated
      -pac is fighting him at a catchweight (already clarified that he isn't)
      -no blood test so pac is free to juice
      -bob would fix the fight and pay the judges to let pac win (...)
      i agree with the bold......

clottey is tough, and has a chin, so i don't expect him to be going anywhere...he has decent defense, b/c of his high guard.....

but he's still flat-footed, lacks heart, hasn't beaten a top 5 opponent even though most ppl have him ranked in the top 5, and isn't active enough to posed any challenge to manny....

being the "bigger" guy alone, won't do it folks.....

Comment

i criticize not because clottey isn't a good opponent,

but because Pac handled the Mayweather scenario very very poorly, and that's the fight I most wanted to see.

That's like saying we gonna go and get Filet Minon for dinner, and then all of a sudden getting Taco Bell instead. I'll knosh on some taco bell, sure, but its not Filet, so stop pretending it is

Comment

Clottey is a top 5 Welter IMO. I have it as Mosley, Mayweather, Williams, Cotto, Clottey and Marg as the top guys. Berto, Collazo, cintron etc... are my second tier Welters until they step up.

Style wise, Clottey is tough at 5 foot 9, huge in the ring and a tight guard. However I have less doubt that Pac can win than when he fought Cotto. Clottey is a tough, strong mofo, not a great but definitely hard to beat. Pac really does need to move because he won't be able to hurt Ckottey that much, unless he times a punch perfectly through that guard and Clottey can not see the shot.

PS. A lot of people gave it 1 round or atleast a win to Clottey over Cotto, I hope these fools do not start insulting Pac over this choice.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post

clottey is tough, and has a chin, so i don't expect him to be going anywhere...he has decent defense, b/c of his high guard.....

but he's still flat-footed, lacks heart, and isn't active enough to posed any challenge to manny....
            Why u say no heart. Going 7 rounds with a broken hand V a likely Loaded Margarito was plenty. It also take heart to box with as much disciplined as Clottey like taking 2 to give 1.

Comment

Since it's at 147 not a catchweight, you can't criticize this fight at all. It will be a better fight than the Floyd fight woulda been too, just not as big.

Comment

but he's still flat-footed, lacks heart, hasn't beaten a top 5 opponent even though most ppl have him ranked in the top 5, and isn't active enough to posed any challenge to manny....

If you believe the bold, then is it the case:

Pac is tailored made for Clottey since he likes to come forward and war?

Being called a top 5 Welter is not overrated. He is and can beat most fighters at 147. Infact a lot felt that Clottey won VS Cotto.

He's not a great, which no one is calling him, but he is not an easy fight by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
                  Since it's at 147 not a catchweight, you can't criticize this fight at all. It will be a better fight than the Floyd fight woulda been too, just not as big.
                  the fight won't be boring..

but at this stage, Pac is too much for Clottey. Too active, too much energy, too much will. Possibly too much strength.

A Pac Mayweather fight was very interesting and wanted because both fighters have what it takes to beat each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ummmid View Post
                    according to burner, and some other *****s:

-clottey is cotto's leftover
                    -clottey is tailor made for pac
                    -clottey drains himself to make 147
                    -clottey is overrated
                    -pac is fighting him at a catchweight (already clarified that he isn't)
                    -no blood test so pac is free to juice
                    -bob would fix the fight and pay the judges to let pac win (...)

Those same guys were also on Clotteys sack, riding him hard, when he was a Margarito opponent.

Its funny how they change their tune depending on the situation. Just a few short years ago, he was a hero,
                    now, hes just a zero.

Comment

Yet, it worked when the "bigger" guy,

was

Carlos Baldomir.

"he weighs over 160 on fight night"

Comment

Working...
                      X