Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NEW] Teddy (Bundy) Atlas blasts boxing, the internet and Pacquiao anew-- Marley too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NEW] Teddy (Bundy) Atlas blasts boxing, the internet and Pacquiao anew-- Marley too

January 13, 7:52 AM
    Indianapolis Fight Sports Examiner
    Dennis "dSource" Guillermo

"Tell him to go get an apology from Tim Smith at the Daily News. As soon as he gets that apology then he'll get my apology. I'm really not going to talk too much about this because again, the internet to me is like a graffiti board and it justs gets more and more, I mean you got people like Mike Marley out there who are just low-life people. To me, I feel dirty every time I go near the internet. I feel like I got to take a shower or something."

Those were some of ESPN's TV boxing analyst Teddy Atlas' fighting words when G. Leon of Boxing Talk inquired about his controversial statements on last Friday night's ESPN FNF.

Atlas spoke in length, but the few things that needed answers -- like who his source was regarding those alleged "e-mails"-- remained unanswered. Perhaps maybe because Atlas never truly had any "breaking" revelation and simply was adding to the "internet clutter" he himself vocally detested but cheapening ESPN with his allegations against Pacquiao that were not supported by any facts.

Why is the truth so secret when the trash talk and the allegations are already being made public? That simply just does not make sense to me.

It's funny because I was talking to our Boxing Examiner Michael Marley the other day and he asked me, "D, do you really think Atlas should be fired? That's a bit harsh." And I told him, "You know what, I just want him to show some proof because I'm tired of all these Golden Boy people and Mayweather people throwing all this dirt without giving any of us any form of proof. I don't wish harm on the guy and his livelihood, but when you are given a powerful tool like TV, you better make sure you can back-up such allegations,"

Marley went on to describe that Atlas was a respectable guy and all that, and if you want proof of this conversation, I have a reliable source who has seen the e-mail conversation I had with Marley. Kidding aside, do I really need to make up a conversation with me and the White Gorilla?

Anyhow, it's quite ironic how a veteran scribe like Marley can be complimentary of another veteran trainer in the sport like Atlas only to be rewarded by getting trashed in public by the same guy. Man, these old people. (just kidding MM)

Atlas also bashed Pacquiao's team members and the sport of boxing itself when he said,

"I don't think he has any rocket scientists around his group. You ever watch 24/7? (laughs) I mean none of these guys have rocket scientists around them. That's all I can say. It seems on the surface like a very stupid thing to do, to obviously have a record of something that can be incriminating or potentially look as though there's something that leads towards something inappropriate by even asking such a question? Yeah, I agree. And that was the first thing I asked. Why would somebody be so stupid to leave a paper trail on that? But yeah, these people that are around boxing, both as writers, both on the internet, both as people who get to hang around the camp and wind up becoming people that are involved in their careers, they're not rocket scientists and it just makes me sick.

"This is the reason I want to get out of boxing, I don't want to be around it no more. Everybody wants to get in for some reason. I don't know why. They think it's glorious or something, but I wish I could get out of this sport." (source **********.com G. Leon)

Well if this guy is really dying to leave the sport of boxing, allow me to assist him out the door. I could care less what Atlas has done in the past because it looks to me like he is just taking what he can get from boxing now and trashing it on his way out. Please, you are not above the sport. And if you think you are God's gift to boxing, then allow me to tell you straight up, it's bitter, negative and biased old-timers like you who are ****-blocking (like a rooster who is blocking the entrance to a rooster-sized door) hungry and motivated people who want to make it in boxing. It's attitude like yours that is killing the sport. Leave. Boxing needs new blood anyway, because if this sport is to continue on thriving, it needs a new generation, not just of boxers, but writers, promoters and fans of the sport as well.

If it weren't for internet boxing writers, BOXING WOULD BE 10 TIMES WORSE THAN WHAT IT IS TODAY! In case you noticed, nobody hardly watched mainstream boxing on TV anymore and when they do, they have to listen to baseless allegations like Atlas'. It's funny to that he said that since the interview he was doing was for a boxing website. Ahh.. The many self-contradictions of Teddy Atlas. He could've just ended the whole mess by revealing his source and the whole story, and yet he opted to just keep us hanging and play defensive while acting all upset for being held accountable for his controversial statements.

Here's what other people had to say about Atlas:

"I used to like him a lot but I tink he is a *****ng a**ho*e. He never gave credit to Manny, and what he’s preaching right now are all lies." -- Freddie Roach told Philboxing.com.

Shaun Hassen Obsum wrote, "internet is garbage? how come he believes in e-mail? lolz! he is a joke just like Mayweather"

Earlvin Cruz wrote, "He also said that he wanted to step away from boxing..I can't wait..."

SR wrote, "If he's feeling dirty each time he's near the internet - he should stay off the **** sites!! haha."

Good read..

Comment

All the talking Teddy Atlas does is know biting him in the ass.

Comment

I like Atlas for the most part, but often times he needs to step the ffuuckk off his soapbox.

Comment

Where does Teddy Atlas get the audacity to call Marley a low life when he was willing to shoot Donny Lalonde.

Comment

LOLs teddy should cut his internet connection

Comment

old people are scared of new technology.

Comment

Atlas is the man

Comment

dont let the door hit you on the way out, teddy.

Comment

Great find!

I'm Glad Atlas went after Michael Marley. Everytime time I read Marley's articles I feel squeamish. He comes across as a Pac and Arum Nuthugger of the highest order and seems not to like black fighters in general.
                    Plus I dont see why Atlas would make the story up.

Comment

Working...
                    X