Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan is a lil ***** for ducking Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sun is extremely unreliable source because they have posted some bull**** about Khan before.

They posted "I'd be a superstar if I was white" - False as Khan said recently in an interview that he never said that.

They also posted that Khan slated michael jackson of postponing his concerts - False again

They said Khan wanted to become a Hollywood actor - False again.

Recently in an interview he said he was going to fight maidana and that freddy roach gave it a thumbs up. Not to mention that maidana decided to go after alexander but alexander decided to fight Urango and now is back to square one with khan. So again don't trust The SUN or any other bull**** sources.

I am pretty sure this quote from freddy was taken after the kotelnik fight and The Sun have just reposted it. So Before slating Khan wait until he actually announces his next fight.
    Last edited by talz; 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• The Sun won't write **** about Khan because Frank Warren does an article for them, i'm sure he'd have something to say about it.

And lets face it, we all know he has been spoon fed opponents.

Comment

• Doesn't mean Amir doesn't want the fight. Dont bash Amir, he's willing to take on anyone in that division. Just Roach doesn't want the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jthoang View Post
          Doesn't mean Amir doesn't want the fight. Dont bash Amir, he's willing to take on anyone in that division. Just Roach doesn't want the fight.
          Oh no not again. LOL

Comment

• Well i dont know about anyone else but i was expecting this. **** him if he vacates it will just prove hes been protected and milked until the next hype train comes along, Personally i dont really care either way not a Khan fan anyway, would have been nice to see him fight Maidana but i wont be losing no sleep over it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shobox View Post
              yep , his team has to realize that sometimes these high risk low reward fights are sometimes neccessary in order to build reputation with more hardcore fans ,
              Exactly. How do you think Oscar became a cashcow? Yeah the looks, he was well spoken, the medal etc etc But the main thing was he fought everyone and before he became a once a year type fighter, he was constantly fighting risky opponents. People knew an Oscar fight was going to be a real event vs a quality fighter. He never fought a guy with a losing record which is amazing and was out there fighting former champs in his first 10-15 fights, in fact he won a title in his 13th fight.

When Oscar was 22 in '95 he fought John John Molina, Rafael Ruelas, Genaro Hernandez and Jesse James Leija. In his fourth year as a pro. (barely his fourth though as he turned pro end '92)

Amir is 23, just into his 6th year as a pro. He turned pro at 18 with a silver medal. This year he fought that guy who used to be Marco Antonio Barrera, Andreas Kotelnik, a decent fighter but a light puncher and quite slow, and then Dmitry Salita.

Obviously Amir/his team wants to be a mega cash cow like Oscar (in fact he/they is already acting like he is one the way he is picking and choosing these fights)

But they don't realise you can only go so far in popularity/money making potential relying on looks and skillful promotion, to attain that next level you need to be a real fighter who gets out there and puts everything on the line and gives people the fights they want, and while many criticise Oscar these days, he was doing exactly that when he was Amir's age, younger in fact.

Comment

• Roach should have more faith in Amir Khan.

It wouldn't be an easy fight, but I think he could outbox Maidana for a decision win.

Comment

• You have to feel sorry for Amir. If your coach comes out saying he doesn't want you to take the fight, WTF do you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by jthoang View Post
                    Doesn't mean Amir doesn't want the fight. Dont bash Amir, he's willing to take on anyone in that division. Just Roach doesn't want the fight.
                    Originally posted by CounterPuncha View Post
                    You have to feel sorry for Amir. If your coach comes out saying he doesn't want you to take the fight, WTF do you do?
                    You say stuff it up your arse, I am going to fight the guy. Do your job as a coach and lets get training. What if Roach said it was a good idea for Khan to sleep with men? Should he follow orders? Sorry but I cant feel sorry for poor little Khan.

Comment

• khan isnt a lil *****,you think hes scared of maidana? thats crazy

his team however have disappointed me,kind of saying something about their belief in amir aswell,i knew warren wouldnt want the fight,but i thought roach would be well up for it,maidana is as one dimensional as they come

Comment

Working...
                      X