Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao: No Deal Reached, Fight Likely Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    What now people? It appears that the fight is off at least for now...where are the alleged crusader of "clean sport"--those who keep on saying " oh Manny should sign it for the good of the sport etc..." ? Do your thing now! Call Floyd, GBP and his Team and ask them to file a petiton with the NSAC to make this random blood testing mandatory to all professional boxers...Let's start with the Mosley-Berto fight!!! Mosley has been medically established to have used roids before, so i wonder why it seems to be a non-issue.. If this not done by Floyd's group, i would assume this is only for the show..
    GBP should initiate a move for olympic style drug testing to be adopted in the mosley-berto fight coz they are promoting mosley. they now call themselves advocates to level the playing field and submit to the highest standards with regards to pac-floyd fight but they are silent on the other. what a hypocrisy!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solly6 View Post
      pac was willing to take blood tests 3 weeks before the fight and immediately after along with random urine tests all the way up. mayweather officially became the biggest ****ing ***** in all of boxing history today.
      This is common sense people. *****'s are acting like Manny won't have to take any tests whatsoever unless Floyd makes him. Manny is always going to have to take the standard tests so why does Floyd have the right to come up with a completely new drugs testing system. At the moment it looks like it's because he's a coward and wanted a way out of this fight.

Let it go down in the history books as: Manny looked for a compromise in order to make the fight, Floyd said no and ducked yet another high profile opponent.

Comment

• IF the fight is off it's off! Big deal! Although I'm a boxing fan I'm not a fanatic. My life will go on and I will not lose one night of sleep as a result. So it is with Pacquaio and Mayweather. If both these fighters never fought again they won't be applying for unemployment benefits anytime soon. Instead of expending negative energy on this blog all day get yours and stop worrying about what Pacquaio and Mayweather are going to do. They're "Philthy Phucking Rich". Can you say the same?

Comment

• Geez, Floyd is such a great boxer. Why is he doing this? His perfect record will mena nothing when it's all said and done because everyone will know he is a punk. What a selfish disgrace to the sport. He had the opportunity to inject boxing with the best medicine--a megafight with loads of press and publicity--and he threw it away for his own sad little legacy. I hope Pac goes on to conquer so much that people forget about the could-have-been that was Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

• Can someone, anyone tell me why Pacman doesn't want his blood to be tested within 24-days of a fight ...... Anybody!!!!!!

WTF is going on ??????

There is no medical evidence, anywhere to be found, to support the claim that giving 5ml of blood will diminish your physical performance in any way, shape or form - Especially for a top athlete.

I've never been against Pacman - But there is something fishy going on here.

I'm going to keep posting this until I get a logical, reasonable answer.

Comment

• That sucks balls

Comment

• No Mistake

hi all.
                Mayweather may be a chicken but there is a reason why Pacquiao is refusing to take those blood tests. it is nothing difficult to do: all the AMATEUR olimpian athletes do those blood tests and COMPETE FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, and KEEP DOING BLOOD TESTS DURING THE OLIMPIC GAMES!!! If you are clean, for 40 Mdollars you do those tests every day before the fight!
                People think about why would u refuse to do something so many athletes do??
                Mayweather is a chicken but a clean chicken, Pacman?i don't know anymore...

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  I'm curious how exactly did he duck it???? His team asked for random drug testing as part of the contract for the fight to happen........he and GBP couldn't have know Pac and cohorts would run for the hills at the very mention of random testing.

After the desire for random testing was announced....the $10 mil per pound penalty was the real duck manouvere aswell as wanting a 24-30 day cutoff on blood testing with absolutuely no exception or compromise.

Quite obvious who was doing the avoiding. Pac and team knew not accepting random tests was a deal breaker. When Mayweather and team announced theire desire for random tests they could not have known Pac and team would respond with a frivolous lawsuit and childish excuses.
                  I personally believe this is a great hype job for the fight to go off in September,but I think you raise an interesting point. However, if everything that we keep hearing is true, why should Pac budge at all. How is it even considered legitimate that Floyd's team can consider random blood testing as part of the negotiations? Either you want the fight or you don't want the fight. You are being offered 40 million dollars to fight. Everybody in the sport has fought under the same rules put forth by the commision why all the sudden should this change because Floyd's team wants it to. I also wonder if it would have been such a big deal to Pac and his team if Floyd Jr. and Sr. weren't poppin off about it prior to all the negotiations starting. I also believe the $10 million clause is fine because there has been a precedent set in which Floyd has not come in on the weight that he was contractually obligated too.In short, comparing the random blood tests to other parts of the negotiations like the agreed upon weight, or the size of the gloves, or the size of the ring etc., is just plain wrong unless you are a blind follower of Floyd's. To say that random tests is a legit negotiation clause is to imply that Pacquiao is a dirty fighter, and that my friends is as clear as day. It's as plain as saying that Manny is a dirty fighter, why else would Floyd ask for it. Why didn't Floyd ask Oscar or Hatton or any of the other 40 fighters he fought to do the same? I'll stop now because I'm embarrased that I have gone on this much about this TMZ bull****... both should fight or go away!
                  Last edited by slick23; 01-19-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• According to Chic Pierce of ESPN Conversations

Ok here's the business, Micheal Moorer who was working for the Pacman camp tipped off Mayweather's about Pac's alleged PED use, which is why Mayweather insists on the tests up til fight time. Moorer claims that during training he saw and had knowledge of the trainers cooking up magic juice for Pac, as his questions persisted he was terminated from the camp and no longer part of Team Pacquiao. He then let Mayweather and their camp know about what he knew, which is why they are adament about the tests. Now, if Manny doesn't want to to take the tests and I have a former Heavyweight champion and cornerman from Team Manny telling me this happened, why would I not logically assume that he is ducking the test because he's dirty. Bob Arum, Freddie Roach, Ariza, and Pac all know the deal and why it's this way...which is why now the reason for declining the random testing has went from superstition, to fear of needles, to weakening the body, to now principle. Believe what you want but Mayweather will not concede on this aspect of the negotiations because he does in fact believe Pac is dirty. That being said, this lawsuit filed by Pac's people is going to backfire in a huge way because it's going to bring all these things to the forefront, they should have agreed...shut up, and took the fight. Pac and his people should be ashamed, this is a pitiful day for boxing. Manny has certainly cast a shadow of doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by deemortiz View Post
                      I'm glad the fight is off. To go ahead with the fight is like giving Floyd $40,000,000. **** that ****, he can go to hell. The Pac don't need Floyd, Floyd needs The Pac. I say to Pac, fight Marquez, Shane then go for yuri FOR the 8th, ( YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE BRAVE AND SKILLED ENOUGH TO DO THIS)win or lose, then retire. And let IRS go after Floyds ass. Now that is a plan.. SUFFER SUCK ASS fLOYD...
                      the question is , will he ask the IRS for random blood testing ?

Comment

Working...
                      X