Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Shane Mosley done the alias 'SUGAR' justice after Robinson and Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is not quite in their class, but what you are doing is mentioning the 2 most well-known and good "Sugar" fighters. How does Mosley match up to this guy?

Comment

very nearly....one more big one win shud do it

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Well he hasn't lived up to those two guys, but you can't expect a fighter to live up to Sugar Ray Robinson or Sugar Ray Leonard. I'd say he is worthy of the Sugar nickname.
        bam....right on the button

I don't think there's a fighter on the P4P list with a better KO highlight reel than Shane....I will prove it in a thread to come......the ULTIMATE highlight reel gif thread is what I'll call it....stay tuned!!!

Comment

He's not done yet.

Well, if the right people will fight him.

Comment

Shane has lived up to the nickname sugar

There is no doubt that he has. Just as the previous Sugars fought the best of their eras, so has Shane Mosley. Not only has he fought the best, he also possesses the necessary all around boxing skills that really makes the moniker what it truly means. Sugar Ray Robinson is the first to wear the POUND 4 POUND TITLE as well. And it was because he could do everything in the ring very well. Ray Leonard possessed that skill set and so does Shane. Shane can do it all in the ring. He can box, punch, has good defense, can take a punch, can fight going forward or backwards, and is always in great condition to fight a full 12 round fight down to the wire. A fighter who is nicknamed Sugar must not only fight the best of his era but also have the skills necessary to do everything well in the ring. Shane has it!!

Comment

No...

Comment

He's HOF. No reason he hasn't lived up to the name.

Comment

Mosley resembles the way Robinson fights more so than anybody including Leonard.

Comment

he has always looked too fight the best fighters out their and has been entertaining in doing so,so id say yes

Comment

I'd say he's done a decent job with the nickname.

Comment

Working...
                      X