Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Pacquiao's Recent Choices Sink His Own Lawsuit Before It Gets Off The Ground?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Pacquiao's Recent Choices Sink His Own Lawsuit Before It Gets Off The Ground?

nevermind.................
    Last edited by Haglerwins; 01-02-2010, 02:10 AM.

Im actually pretty sure that's the angle the GBP and Mayweathers' attorneys will play. However that doesnt take away from the fact the issue at heart is whether or not GBP and/or the Mayweathers' public statements were made with the intention to do harm to Pacquiao's public standing/legacy/business value.

From what i've seen in the filed complaints it's pretty much an open and shut case in favor of team Pacquiao for Roger Mayweather. Everyone else in the lawsuit they're going to have a more difficult time with though.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      Im actually pretty sure that's the angle the GBP and Mayweathers' attorneys will play. However that doesnt take away from the fact the issue at heart is whether or not GBP and/or the Mayweathers' public statements were made with the intention to do harm to Pacquiao's public standing/legacy/business value.

From what i've seen in the filed complaints it's pretty much an open and shut case in favor of team Pacquiao for Roger Mayweather. Everyone else in the lawsuit they're going to have a more difficult time with though.
      Yeah, apparently Roger has the most libelous quote of them all, but contrary to what I initially understood, it seems in this case, libel alone isn't enough to win on defamation tied to a public figure. Somebody clear this up for me..

Does Manny have to prove 1 or both:

- That it's known that the insinuations and accusations are false.

- That malicious intent had to be a motive for the accusations.

Comment

Mayweather and his co-defendants will need to furnish facts that prove Pacquiao is on steroids. Facts include receipts, physician testimony, and eyewitnesses. Without any facts backing their claim, a jury will find them liable for defamation.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanside View Post
          Mayweather and his co-defendants will need to furnish facts that prove Pacquiao is on steroids. Facts include receipts, physician testimony, and eyewitnesses. Without any facts backing their claim, a jury will find them liable for defamation.
          Are you a lawyer?

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
            Yeah, apparently Roger has the most libelous quote of them all, but contrary to what I initially understood, it seems in this case, libel alone isn't enough to win on defamation tied to a public figure. Somebody clear this up for me..

Does Manny have to prove 1 or both:

- That it's known that the insinuations and accusations are false.

- That malicious intent had to be a motive for the accusations.
            They have to prove both. The problem is trying to differentiate between an opinion and a known false statement.

Uncle roger said "I KNOW he got somethin in his system anyways. We gon find out what when these REAL doctors test him"

1st off he has no proof that pacquiao has somethin in his system.
            2nd as a retired professional fighter and trainer he knows full well that that those doctors that have drug tested Pacquiao have degrees and medical liscenses that are just as real as the doctors he would prefer test Pacquiao.

but yet he repeated the same statement in 3 interviews. Open and shut case for uncle roger.

Comment

Also possible the judge will say get this crap out my courtroom and sign the damn fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanside View Post
                Mayweathers dont have to prove a damn thing. They have suspicions. Floyd Senior and FMjr have never claimed for a fact that Pac was on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                  They have to prove both. The problem is trying to differentiate between an opinion and a known false statement.

Uncle roger said "I KNOW he got somethin in his system anyways. We gon find out what when these REAL doctors test him"

1st off he has no proof that pacquiao has somethin in his system.
                  2nd as a retired professional fighter and trainer he knows full well that that those doctors that have drug tested Pacquiao have degrees and medical liscenses that are just as real as the doctors he would prefer test Pacquiao.

but yet he repeated the same statement in 3 interviews. Open and shut case for uncle roger.
                  That proves the first query, but does it also prove malice? You said you need both right? I guess I would need to know what qualifies as malice under the law. How can it be explained that Roger's motive was purely to harm Manny's reputation and not something as to say.. "I just wanted to get to the bottom of this (PED issue)."

Comment

Even the *****s are scared for the Mayweathers now. They are even denying what the Mayweathers said.

Comment

Working...
                    X