Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Liston Took A Dive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He obviously got caught with a good punch and went down...that wasnt rigged. but im sure he could have gotten up. Hence Ali waving madly for him to get up.

Comment

**** yeah he did. He was mob connected. Ali was yelling for him to get up sucka!! He took a dive an prolly made more money in gambling on an Ali KO then he wmade in his purse. Liston was dirty as hell...

Comment

I believe he did but i dont think matters anyway. Liston's footwork was not good enough to close the distance on Ali, Ali could take Shavers, Foreman, Frazier's best so even if he could land he would not KO Ali.

The fight would of probably gone the same way as the first had that no happened.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
          yeah such a shame it was because this picture is so famous

actually yes and no...

knowing what we know now and seeing sonny look up to that kinda shows what wouldve happened had he got up..he didnt want any part of that..

depends on what u think his reason is but we all knew had sonny got up he wouldve gotten iced and im sure he knew that deep down aswell...

Comment

hell no this fight wasnt fixed!! i seen a slow mo version of it in some documentary and it was a clean quit shot right to the chin.

Comment

nope..if it was rigged, they would have tried to make it look like a better punch at least.

Not Ali's ghost punch which raised so much controversy!

Not rigged, just Ali being awesome

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
                i thought that but then i thought nah he couldnt have

Comment

Sure, but possibly tried and failed.

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  nope..if it was rigged, they would have tried to make it look like a better punch at least.

Not Ali's ghost punch which raised so much controversy!

Not rigged, just Ali being awesome

Comment

He fight was not rigged from what i remember Liston got caught cold and was knockdown, Ali didn’t go to a neutral corner and walcott didn’t start the count until Ali went to a neutral corner, then when the fight started again the guy from ring magazine shouted at Walcott telling him the fight should be over as Liston was down for more than 10 secs. In truth there was no fix it was Walcott's fault as he couldn’t keep control of the fight. The fight should have been allowed to continue and Liston was up and ready to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X