No announcement yet.

Do PEDs increase punch resistance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do PEDs increase punch resistance?

I never thought I'd do this, but yeah... I've actually made a Pacquiao steroid thread. But don't shoot me down in a ball of flames just yet! I'm not here to flame or accuse, because I genuinely do like Pacquiao (even though I'm not a fan, his fights are great fun to watch). I've actually got a point here, because I'm just curious.

So, whilst I believe the logic that Pacquiao has grown into his frame over the years and is naturally shredded due to maturing, eating right and whatnot, what still makes me raise an eyebrow is his incredible punch resistance.

Since the Sangsurat loss (during which we all know he was young and couldn't make the weight), he hasn't been down from a hard shot for a long time. Hussein and Yeshmagambetov scored legit KDs, but they were of the flash variety. Besides, he went on to stop those guys in the end.

Since then, he's taken flush (and presumably hard) shots from the likes of Barrera, Marquez and Morales without even looking like he was about to go down. Cotto landed some good shots but he dusted them off like they were nothing. Hatton too, for however long he was in there, caught him a few times and they had no effect.

Granted, there are currently active guys who have gained a reputation for having great punch resistance - Toney, Hopkins, Wright, Mosley, etc. - but seeing Pacquiao dust off everyone's shots is astonishing. Believe me, I want to believe that he's invincible and can't be hurt by anything... but I just find it crazy. No human being who fights like he does (risky-style, getting into total wars) can be that tough naturally, surely?

So my question is - are there any PEDs in existence which serve solely to increase punch resistance?
    Last edited by PittyPat; 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM.

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    I never thought I'd do this, but yeah... I've actually made a Pacquiao steroid thread. But don't shoot me down in a ball of flames just yet! I'm not here to flame or accuse, because I genuinely do like Pacquiao (even though I'm not a fan, his fights are great fun to watch). I've actually got a point here, because I'm just curious.

So, whilst I believe the logic that Pacquiao has grown into his frame over the years and is naturally shredded due to maturing, eating right and whatnot, what still makes me raise an eyebrow is his incredible punch resistance.

Since the Sangsurat loss (during which we all know he was young and couldn't make the weight), he hasn't been down from a hard shot for a long time. Hussein and Yeshmagambetov scored legit KDs, but they were of the flash variety. Besides, he went on to stop those guys in the end.

Since then, he's taken flush (and presumably hard) shots from the likes of Barrera, Marquez and Morales without even looking like he was about to go down. Cotto landed some good shots but he dusted them off like they were nothing. Hatton too, for however long he was in there, caught him a few times and they had no effect.

Granted, there are currently active guys who have gained a reputation for having great punch resistance - Toney, Hopkins, Wright, Mosley, etc. - but seeing Pacquiao dust off everyone's shots is astonishing. Believe me, I want to believe that he's invincible and can't be hurt by anything... but I just find it crazy. No human being who fights like he does (risky-style, getting into total wars) can be that tough naturally, surely?

So my question is - are there any PEDs in existence which serve solely to increase punch resistance?
    There might be some PED's like that but for sure it will be detected in the urine analysis...

Comment

Originally posted by hammertorch View Post
      There might be some PED's like that but for sure it will be detected in the urine analysis...
      OMG people have been discussing this for over a week and you've learnt nothing.

Comment

I don't care about them being detectable. What I want to know is whether there are substances like that in existence.

Comment

Na man he did not just come straight through some of Marquez shots (in first and 2nd fight) he was clearly visibly hurt at times and backing up, he even got Pac doing the bambi dance. Cotto hit him with some flush shots and Pac was barely moved.. Marquez hits harder then Cotto now?

I thought this steriod stuff was all nonsense really untill he kept refusing these test and in the process stopped the biggest fight in boxing history. Now looking back it looks a bit fishy..

Comment

Well come on then, you so-called steroid experts. You seem to know everything.

Comment

Look how Pac's stick training how hard it is, then when he walked through Cotto's punches, they accused him of something in his body.

Comment

So, as the question goes - do PEDs increase punch resistance? Yes or no.

Comment

No. Vargas sure as hell got knocked the **** out even with his steroids.

Comment

So, as the question goes - do PEDs increase punch resistance? Yes or no.
                    I do not believe so, your chin is something that you are born with. I've seen big muscular guys in boxing and MMA drop by weak ass shots. Also Now that Pac isn't cutting 15 lbs, can eat 5 times a day and is fully hydrated of course he is going to feel better in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X