No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Official Statement "Case filed on the Federal Court"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOREBASS View Post
    The thing that might stick in this case in particular is the fact that Floyd Sr. has flat out accused Pacquiao of using performance enhancing drugs, and the position that he holds as a professional boxing trainer would lead people to believe that his claims were true.

I don't care much for the case, but I do think that Pacquiao is in the right for filing the suit. I think he should have done so before the whole drug testing issue, but I just hope they get the damn fight made.
    I'm no legal scholar, but it seems to me that they would simply need to prove that legitimate damages to his reputation (i.e. his money-making persona) have occurred.

While it may not be open-and-shut, I think there is a very strong case to be made.

Comment

this is going to be good...

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
        federal court???defamation isnt a federal offense.........so he'd rather spend money on lawyers and court cost for a court case rather then to take the test,clear his name,fight win or lose and make 40 million?? damn
        I'm pretty sure clearing his name is on his things to do list.
        Just not on everyone else's terms or timeline.

Comment

Ok, so why doesn't he (Pac, not Arum) just say when his cutoff date is and let's work with that? The Hatton blood test was 24 days before the fight. Make it a week before the fight and one right after and let's get this show on the road. This ain't that hard, both sides are pissing me off! He's still gonna be tested throughout his training, and if he was dirty, I doubt he would even think about using anything for this fight with the microscope on him now. You gotta be one ballsy mofo to try to squeek by with PEDs after all this. If Floyd still refuses, then one has to wonder what his real motives were for all this hoopla.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
            Its was a good heartfelt statement. It sure seems like he'd do everything to ensure the integrity of sport he loves except take on a more stringent drug test.

Being weakened from blood sample is a myth. In any case, he would rather take it to court than to the ring. Ridiculous.

Here's what 2008 Jamaican Olympics sprinter Asafa Powell said in an article publised by Yahoo.com,

Asafa Powell complained he was tested excessively during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, in which he won a gold medal as a member of his nation’s 4 x 100 meter relay team. “I got pretty upset two days ago because since I have been here, they have tested me four times,” Powell said during the 2008 Games. “They’ve taken so much blood from us we’re going to be very weak before the final.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              defamation is a civil suit..not a federal case

Comment

easy moneyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by overlordbox View Post

Here's what 2008 Jamaican Olympics sprinter Asafa Powell said in an article publised by Yahoo.com,

Asafa Powell complained he was tested excessively during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, in which he won a gold medal as a member of his nation’s 4 x 100 meter relay team. “I got pretty upset two days ago because since I have been here, they have tested me four times,” Powell said during the 2008 Games. “They’ve taken so much blood from us we’re going to be very weak before the final.”
                  he wasnt took weak was he?

Comment

Honestly, does anybody really care about the court case?

I'm sure he does have grounds to sue Mayweather Sr. and probably GBP. However, what does this prove in the end and do we end up with a boxing match? So, they prove that Mayweather Sr. and his brother Roger talk a lot of **** in court, welcome to 20 years ago.
                    Probably no.

This still doesn't clear Pacman's names from cloud of doubt he has placed upon himself. Its time to take the tests and give the world the fight they want to see.
                    Hence the basis for a lawsuit.

Comment

If they do agree to random testing.

They should do it at the same time and at the same place right next to each other getting in fight mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X