Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrating Floyd Mayweather's 5 Year Anniversary at the Welterweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating Floyd Mayweather's 5 Year Anniversary at the Welterweight Division

5 years at Welterweight

Best Fighter he fought: Baldomir

Floyd's Hitlist

Khan, Lightweight Marquez, Matthew Hatton, Dimitri Saltia

Floyd's ducking List

Antonio Margarito
    Miguel Cotto
    Shane Mosley
    Manny Pacquiao
    Paul Williams
    Joshua Clottey

PS: Retirement was successful of avoiding these guys. All Talk No Balls!

I don't give a **** about you, who are you? A nobody. Learn the sport of boxing. Listen, I'm THE greatest of all time. /Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Sumakwel View Post
      5 years at Welterweight

Floyd's Hitlist

Floyd's ducking List

Antonio Margarito
      Miguel Cotto
      Shane Mosley
      Manny Pacquiao
      Paul Williams
      Joshua Clottey

A case can be made for him ducking Margarito, but the other guys I'm not so sure. Cotto had his chance at 140 and turned it down, he never openly called for a fight with Floyd at 147. Mosely turned down Floyd twice at 135 lbs. Clottely? Don't know about Williams, so I cant comment but a lot of guys on your list ducked him as well Margarito, Cotto, Mosely and Clottey have all turned down fights with him. He hasn't ducked Manny either.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamantium View Post
        A case can be made for him ducking Margarito, but the other guys I'm not so sure. Cotto had his chance at 140 and turned it down, he never openly called for a fight with Floyd at 147. Mosely turned down Floyd twice at 135 lbs. Clottely? Don't know about Williams, so I cant comment but a lot of guys on your list ducked him as well Margarito, Cotto, Mosely and Clottey have all turned down fights with him. He hasn't ducked Manny either.
        Hasn't ducked Manny???

Comment

It doesn't make sense. A low profile fight at 140 where Cotto was a little bit green and not ready wherein at 147 he just beat Mosley and Judah and that could be the superfight at 147 and Floyd turned it down saying Cotto is not a draw.

He ducked Manny as Arum and Roach said he had the chance to fight Manny directly and he chose Marquez. He pretends he wants Pacquiao but all he did was ducking and make Pac the bad guy.

The reason why I think he Duck Clottey and Williams? Because if you look at his resume at 147 all are handpicked opponents. The reason of his retirement was to let all these guys destroy each other so when he comeback Floyd will always pinpoint the losses not to fight them.
          Last edited by Sumakwel; 12-28-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Yeah. and he chose Marquez to fight at welterweight. which he CHEATED by the way.

Comment

Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight Off: Mayweather Vehemently Refuses DNA Testing
              by
              hocus pocus

Las Vegas - A refusal over DNA testing for the planned showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather has led to the cancellation of the long-awaited welterweight showdown, according to the Nevada Athletic Commission.

Amidst relentless claims during the past month by Mayweather's camp, accusing Pacquiao of taking steroids, the five-member Commission became suspicious of Mayweather's motivation.

"Pacquiao has passed every single test he has ever been administered by the Nevada Athletic Commission." Said Pat Lundvall, Commission Chairman, during a charity event on Tuesday. "We took the claims by the Mayweather camp as an insult to our own capacity to conduct fair and accurate testing.

"Having never been put in that situation all members of the Commission became convinced that Mayweather was trying to hide something himself."

It is believed that was the point when it was decided to launch a thorough investigation into the former champions background, all the way back to his childhood.

Investigators were sent to Grand Rapids, Michigan and Las Vegas.

What they uncovered was hard to believe.

"The state of Michigan was able to produce a birth certificate for Floyd Jr., but they had absolutely no records for Floyd Sr. We were amazed, absolutely amazed. 'How could this be?' We wondered amongst ourselves." Said longtime Commission member, Bill D. Brady.

"We tried to piece together possible answers and decided it was our responsibility as a Commission to come up with every imaginable explanation. Then we realized the unthinkable. Could Floyd Mayweather Sr. be the product of a man and a female chimpanzee?

"The Commission took a vote and decided unanimously, that due to Floyd Sr's appearance and long history of obnoxious, outlandish behavior and a seeming 'Inability to control himself,' it was not out of the question." Lundvall said.

The Commission then informed the Mayweather camp that either Floyd Sr. or Floyd Jr. had to undergo thorough DNA testing before the fight would be allowed.

"I ain't gon' do it! I ain't gon' do it!" Mayweather Jr. responded to the Commission. "And neither is my Daddy!"

This left the Commission in a bind.

"During normal times, we wouldn't have gone to the extent of asking a fighter to submit to DNA testing. But due to Mayweather's unfounded claims against Manny Pacquiao, we decided that this wasn't much different." Said Lundvall.

"If anything, due to the appearance of both Floyd Sr. and Floyd Jr., combined with their long history of erratic behavior. We felt it would actually be more likely that Floyd is indeed part chimpanzee. Versus Manny Pacquiao being found to have taken steroids."

"If Floyd doesn't want to submit to DNA testing, we have no choice but to believe that he is 1/4 chimpanzee and 3/4 man. And we don't allow chimpanzees to compete in the state of Nevada. Therefore, we had no choice but to cancel the fight."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...es-dna-testing

Comment

It doesn't make sense. A low profile fight at 140 where Cotto was a little bit green and not ready wherein at 147 he just beat Mosley and Judah and that could be the superfight at 147 and Floyd turned it down saying Cotto is not a draw.
                Cotto was a undefeated Champion at 140 lbs, he is just as guilty as Mayweather for not making the fight happen at 147. He never called out Mayweather nor did he give Arum the go ahead to make the fight. How can you turn down an offer that hasnt been made?

He ducked Manny as Arum and Roach said he had the chance to fight Manny directly and he chose Marquez. He pretends he wants Pacquiao but all he did was ducking and make Pac the bad guy.
                I was no fan of this fight, but there is more to it than meets the eye. Both Arum and Roach were saying that Floyd would have to accept a 65-35 split, by fighting Marquez Floyd showed that all his fights with common Manny opponents did more ppv. Which is why they now agree to a 50-50 split. A week ago Roach openly said that they have no problem with the OST, now they have changed their mind. So if this fight falls through I blame team Pac.

The reason why I think he Duck Clottey and Williams? Because if you look at his resume at 147 all are handpicked opponents. The reason of his retirement was to let all these guys destroy each other so when he comeback Floyd will always pinpoint the losses not to fight them.
                That's what Arum said, funny he never said that stuff when Floyd was signed with him. But as I said before how can you reject offers that were never made. Neither Clottely or Williams were his mandatories nor are they big draws

Comment

5 years at Welterweight

Floyd's Hitlist

Floyd's ducking List

Antonio Margarito
                  Miguel Cotto
                  Shane Mosley
                  Manny Pacquiao
                  Paul Williams
                  Joshua Clottey

well for Gayweather Fans, Baldomir is an ATG
                  just ask them..

Comment

Wow 5 years already. He must be a warrior who have fought a lot of Welterweights by now !

Comment

Working...
                    X