Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley Remains Ready on Facing Pacquiao, Feels Weird on GBP Promoting Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley Remains Ready on Facing Pacquiao, Feels Weird on GBP Promoting Mayweather

Mosley remains ready for Pacquiao
    By Robert Morales Staff Writer
    Posted: 12/25/2009 11:05:50 PM PST

With all the troubles plaguing the proposed March 13 fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. - which is in serious jeopardy because of Mayweather's demand for Olympic-style drug testing - one can imagine how badly "Sugar" Shane Mosley would love to be able to step in and take Mayweather's place.

But Mosley is locked into a welterweight title unification fight with Andre Berto on Jan. 30 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (on HBO).

However, if he gets past Berto, Mosley said he is ready to take on all comers - Mayweather, Pacquiao, and even 6-foot-3 southpaw Paul Williams should the former welterweight champion decide to move back down from middleweight.

"I'm the world champion, I'm the best welterweight in the world," Mosley said this week from his training camp in Big Bear Lake. "I can't chase anybody around. They don't want to fight, retire, get out of my division and go somewhere else."

"I just feel Pacquiao is willing to fight me, Floyd doesn't want it. I don't think Floyd would ever step in the ring with someone who can give him a fight fair and square. He will find a way to find an excuse not to fight everyone in my division"

has been a frustrating year for Mosley, of Pomona. He shocked everyone when he doled out a vicious beating to Antonio Margarito, stopping him in the ninth round in January at Staples Center.

Mosley immediately began calling out both Mayweather and Pacquiao, but efforts to make either fight did not bear fruit. Mosley doesn't blame his promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions, for not making the fight.
    Advertisement
    Quantcast

But he admitted it was a bit strange to see Golden Boy representing Mayweather in his negotiations with Pacquiao, especially since Mayweather never has had a promotional contract with Golden Boy.

"Yeah, it's a weird thing," Mosley said. "I don't really understand it. But some things you just can't understand."

http://www.pre******.com/sports/ci_14071175

What will happen to GBP if Mosley transfers to Top Rank?

Comment

Yes my dream fight pac vs. sugar shane!!!! **** floyd leave him out of the cold..

Comment

Originally posted by Sumakwel View Post
        Mosley remains ready for Pacquiao
        By Robert Morales Staff Writer
        Posted: 12/25/2009 11:05:50 PM PST

With all the troubles plaguing the proposed March 13 fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. - which is in serious jeopardy because of Mayweather's demand for Olympic-style drug testing - one can imagine how badly "Sugar" Shane Mosley would love to be able to step in and take Mayweather's place.

But Mosley is locked into a welterweight title unification fight with Andre Berto on Jan. 30 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas (on HBO).

However, if he gets past Berto, Mosley said he is ready to take on all comers - Mayweather, Pacquiao, and even 6-foot-3 southpaw Paul Williams should the former welterweight champion decide to move back down from middleweight.

"I'm the world champion, I'm the best welterweight in the world," Mosley said this week from his training camp in Big Bear Lake. "I can't chase anybody around. They don't want to fight, retire, get out of my division and go somewhere else."

"I just feel Pacquiao is willing to fight me, Floyd doesn't want it. I don't think Floyd would ever step in the ring with someone who can give him a fight fair and square. He will find a way to find an excuse not to fight everyone in my division"
        has been a frustrating year for Mosley, of Pomona. He shocked everyone when he doled out a vicious beating to Antonio Margarito, stopping him in the ninth round in January at Staples Center.

Mosley immediately began calling out both Mayweather and Pacquiao, but efforts to make either fight did not bear fruit. Mosley doesn't blame his promotional company, Golden Boy Promotions, for not making the fight.
        Advertisement
        Quantcast

But he admitted it was a bit strange to see Golden Boy representing Mayweather in his negotiations with Pacquiao, especially since Mayweather never has had a promotional contract with Golden Boy.

"Yeah, it's a weird thing," Mosley said. "I don't really understand it. But some things you just can't understand."

http://www.pre******.com/sports/ci_14071175
        Shane telling it like it is....

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          Yes my dream fight pac vs. sugar shane!!!! **** floyd leave him out of the cold..
          that would be a dream fight

manny no-drug test pac vs shane juice head mosley

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            ****in rights man thats a real fight. Mosley vs Pac would be far more entertaining than Pac vs Floyd. Mosley won't play games he'll just come to fight.

Comment

The only two men left in the Welterweight division is Sugar Shane Mosley and Manny Paquiao. Manny should just get a tune up bout now and fight Mosley later this year.

Comment

once again, my man shane telling it like it is. he will always be respected for fighting the best his weight class has to offer

Comment

Didn't Shane offer to come down to 140lbs to fight Pacquiao? And Roach said no.

Comment

Let's do it.. Pac-mosley.. To hell wit chicken floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X