No announcement yet.

Fastest fighter of all time?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    I left out a lot of fighters and a third part is in the process of being made someday. Still, it gives you an idea of who the fastest were.

It's difficult to judge "speed".

Meldrick may have been the fastest with short, little combinations in close but Howard Davis "outsped" him from a distance. Roy Jones was a great athlete in every way although there have been some to match him in footspeed, handspeed and reflexes but rarely all. Camacho had amazingly fast hands, so fast that I've been accused of speeding up his footage (and I haven't which can be proven by actually watching those fights). Patterson was a fast heavyweight but Ali was faster if you take into account his greater size. Willie Pep could throw 6 or 7 jabs, land them all and get out of the way. Robinson could throw triple left hooks and knock people out (unlike Jones whose triple lefts were usually only for the show).
    camacho was still fast even in slomo...

Comment

pacquiao....

Comment

Four very fast choices to vote on.
        But don't you think the thread should named "Fastest fighter of the last two decades" because there were alot of very fast fighters in the 70's 60's 50's, 40's and before that are nearly forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldo-Raine View Post
          I started to add Mosley and Floyd......

And Whitaker....

Hell ODH was fast as hell too.
          odh??? YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X