No announcement yet.

Someone explain why a blood test right after the fight isn't sufficient

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    Thats not the point! The point is that it causes distraction in Pac's camp and not Floyd's.

Again it's just another case of Floyd acting like a weasel and his inability to fight anyone on even terms.
    WTF floyd even said in an interview that nobody likes to give blood, not even him!!!!!!...its not like its something humans look forward to doing..but as professionals and the magnitude of the fight...the fans deserve a fair playing field

they take the same tests...if pac can get an hour long tattoo im sure he can get a lil prick in his arm

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
      Its not going to distract Floyd but it will Manny , come on thats a bit of a stretch.
      How will it distract Floyd when it was his camps idea in the first place?? Before negotiations even started Floyd SR was already mouthing off about this whole steroid nonsense so it's obvious this was somthing they had been planning for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
        From what I'm reading Manny agreed to a test 30 days before the fight. Do you really think he would chance using roids 29 days before the fight and hope it doesn't show up right after the fight? I don't see how he could possibly think that'd be smart. Also it appears steroids are detected just as well in the urine as in the blood. This is just what I'm hearing, I'm not 100% on that.
        blood detects a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
          blood detects a lot more
          Please show me an article or medical opinion where this is clearly the general opinion.

Comment

From what I'm reading Manny agreed to a test 30 days before the fight. Do you really think he would chance using roids 29 days before the fight and hope it doesn't show up right after the fight? I don't see how he could possibly think that'd be smart. Also it appears steroids are detected just as well in the urine as in the blood. This is just what I'm hearing, I'm not 100% on that.
            Blood tests are much more accurate and will detect many things that a piss test will not.

If you know when you are testing it is possible to get around it because at that point it is science and math if you know you can use something for 30 day you know when you can start and when you have to stop so it will not be decected, if the people know what they are doing anyways.

Also there are many types of PED some stay in the body longer then others and have different effects.

This style of testing is the best way to catch cheaters, to me this is just how it should be in all sports and I rally do not see an issue with one of the fighters (one of the guys putting his life on the line) wanting to know for sure the guy is clean even if his reasoning in asking for it is baseless, just because the sport is so dangerous.

Comment

Pac should man up, and take those test. If he is clean he will not have nothing to lose and will get more respect. I expect him to beat Floyd.

Comment

WTF floyd even said in an interview that nobody likes to give blood, not even him!!!!!!...its not like its something humans look forward to doing..but as professionals and the magnitude of the fight...the fans deserve a fair playing field

they take the same tests...if pac can get an hour long tattoo im sure he can get a lil prick in his arm

Again it's not the physical aspect it's the mental aspect. Will it affect Manny physically? No! But will it add to the million distractions that are suddenly poping up in Mannys camp? Yes!! Floyd's smart in that low life underhanded way he's known for and I just think that this is another one of his tricks to gain any kind of advantage he can get. A fight of this magnitude should be fought on even terms and I applaud Manny's camp for standing their ground.

Comment

Please show me an article or medical opinion where this is clearly the general opinion.
                  urine testing is cheaper, less invasive (no needle stick required) and has fewer potential complications (not unless peeing on your hand is considered a complication) than blood testing.

Blood screening is more sensitive (more likely to detect a banned substance), detects more banned substances, and is more difficult to beat through "masking" methods. Blood screening is the current standard for detecting abnormally elevated levels of synthetic human growth hormone (HGH).

Comment

its a tiny amount of blood...ppl that donate blood give a PINT and are fine!!!!!1

your blood recycles itself very quickly and efficiently...you'll lose more blood from a cut during a fight than all these blood tests combined!!!!!!!
                    exactlyyyyyyyyyyyy READ THE ABOVE PAC NUTT HUGGERS

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      Again it's not the physical aspect it's the mental aspect. Will it affect Manny physically? No! But will it add to the million distractions that are suddenly poping up in Mannys camp? Yes!! Floyd's smart in that low life underhanded way he's known for and I just think that this is another one of his tricks to gain any kind of advantage he can get. A fight of this magnitude should be fought on even terms and I applaud Manny's camp for standing their ground.
                      do u think floyd knows or even CARES about manny's training camp and what goes along with it

u act like he knows manny's routine

Comment

Working...
                      X