The clash between WBC welterweight champion Ray Leonard and Panamanian sensation Roberto Duran set to take place June 6 is in jeopardy of being called off. Leonard previously had stated that he wanted olympic style testing for PED's and was quoted saying "We should be held to the highest level of sportsmanship with a fight of this magnitude." Roberto Duran, when interviewed in Panama was rumored to have told sources that he is superstitious before fights and that he was afraid of needles. A tradegy for boxing. Negotiations were tough from the start and the drug testing issue seems to be something that niether Leonard nor Duran are willing to budge on. Boxing insiders and fans alike are beside themselves as this bizzare turn of events has the biggest fight in boxing in jeopardy. Duran offered a compromise of willing to be tested after the fight and/or a week prior but Leonard and his camp insist on the importance of the random testing and have even said they will undergo the same test.
:gay:
:gay:
Comment