Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao Follies: Are We Morons After All?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao Follies: Are We Morons After All?

By Jake Donovan - “We'd all have to be morons to not let this happen.”

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer offered the aforementioned quote when asked about negotiations surrounding the potential superfight between his client, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and current pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

The quote came over a month ago – more specifically, two days after Pacquiao’s 12th round stoppage of Miguel Cotto. The bout produced the most lucrative pay-per-view event of 2009, registering 1.25 million buys and nearly $70 million in PPV revenue.

Even more impressive was that it came two months after the return of Floyd Mayweather Jr, whose comeback fight with Juan Manuel Marquez raked in a whopping $52 million in PPV revenue thanks to its buy rate of just over 1 million units.

The two fights marked the first time in a decade that a single produced two or more events to crack the two-comma barrier. That it involved the two best fighters in the sport, who now campaign at or close enough to the same weight class, made it a no-brainer for 2010 to be all about putting together what figures to be the most lucrative event in boxing history. [Click Here To Read More]

The sport of boxing needs this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mmayer1981 View Post
      Mayweather Jr doesn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by mmayer1981 View Post
        Everyone wants/needs this fight.

Comment

I say to Manny take the test & man up. I am a big Pacman fan but a few ounces of blood is not going to hurt you.Floyd is going to have a difficult time making 147 & if he does then it's going to be an easy night for Manny. Floyd agreed to Manny's camps demand,Manny should do his part! Let's not rob the fans of the most exciting fight in the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by puroylan View Post
            I say to Manny take the test & man up. I am a big Pacman fan but a few ounces of blood is not going to hurt you.Floyd is going to have a difficult time making 147 & if he does then it's going to be an easy night for Manny. Floyd agreed to Manny's camps demand,Manny should do his part! Let's not rob the fans of the most exciting fight in the last 20 years.
            I dont see why he would refuse? What is his reason? that he doesnt like Blood drawn from him? Isnt he a Pro athlete? Come on man are you serious, Take the Test, unless he is stalling for the roids to get off his body? lol naw lemme stop, take it n lets do it.

Comment

Everyone reacts differently physically when blood is taken from their body. It could hurt Pacquiao or Mayweather Jr when blood is drawn from them, but I doubt Mayweather Jr since he has no problem doing it. Everyones body reacts differently, some ppl can be swore for a couple days. And some ppl it doesn't bother much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by puroylan View Post
                the fight will happen. they'll compromise.

floyd wants up to 5 blood tests and 12 urine tests.

manny wanted 2 blood tests and i don't think they cared about urine tests.

make it 3 blood tests (1 month before , 1 week before , day of fight) and 6 urine tests. good compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                  Mayweather Jr doesn't care.
                  He does care, we're all waiting on Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    the fight will happen. they'll compromise.

floyd wants up to 5 blood tests and 12 urine tests.

manny wanted 2 blood tests and i don't think they cared about urine tests.

make it 3 blood tests (1 month before , 1 week before , day of fight) and 6 urine tests. good compromise.
                    I'm hearing it's less then a teaspoon of blood needed. That true?

Comment

Working...
                    X