Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So contract stipulates random olympic style drug test, Pac wants to schedule his "random" drug test, putting him in breach of contract and somehow Floyd is the one who's a *****. Well, ***** or no at least he's not scared of needles.

correction, certain types of needles and a specific time period, depending on if there's a full moon and only if had woke up on the right side of the bed if he didn't see his shadow.

and still Floyd the *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      How come May didn't have a problem with the way boxers were tested during his last fight? Oh that's right he doesn't give a crap about boxing, he's just playing games.
      Yes Mayweather is the bad guy, he cares more about money than fans and boxing, hes the guy that says it while everyone else thinks it. His job is to sell a fight and that he does. More haters pay to see him lose yet............ you still look like the dick that got robbed...... lol

Mayweather is drama and is brilliant at getting a reaction while counting the haters money all the way to the bank. He is brilliant.

Pac is great. If he has nothing to hide HELP set the example of keeping the sport clean. Be a role model (unlike Mayweather) and take the step in the right direction for making the sport right and clean. Prove everyone wrong. I dont get why its such a big deal. He needs to put his little dick away and man up take the test and say "I TOLD YOU SO". Hopefully boxing will follow his and Mayweather's direction. If this happens, people can say thank you Mayweather camp for changing (forcing) the game in the right direction.

Now again, only the guilty complaine.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
        So contract stipulates random olympic style drug test, Pac wants to schedule his "random" drug test, putting him in breach of contract and somehow Floyd is the one who's a *****. Well, ***** or no at least he's not scared of needles.

correction, certain types of needles and a specific time period, depending on if there's a full moon and only if had woke up on the right side of the bed if he didn't see his shadow.

and still Floyd the *****.
        He said his only stipulation is no testing the day before the fight. Hardly what you claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          He said his only stipulation is no testing the day before the fight. Hardly what you claim.

Here's the article

Arum says he wants 3 scheduled drug test, not random.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24295

Comment

• Who the mexicans rooting for Pac or Money

Who are the mexicans going for Pac or Money?

Comment

• An unbiased view at the current problem

I consider myself unbiased fan when it comes to pacquiao and mayweather. And regarding the current steroid problem in my opinion pacquiao needs to just agree to the drug tests. It is a dick move by golden boy and mayweather's camp to request these tests but it is no reason to cancel the fight. It is literally the only fight that matters right now and to cancel it over drug tests is ludicrous.

Comment

• Do you think God told Manny to Get a move on?

With $200m at stake, even Jesus would tell Manny Pacquaio to get on with it

The Philippines' most remarkable representative has a run-in with God, plus Boxrec.com's ratings and Sweet Jimmy Robinson

Of all the stories swirling about Manny Pacquiao's blessed head this Christmas week, the one in the Philippines Inquirer that claims he told 1,500 Filipinos God once appeared to him is by far the strangest.

Anyone familiar with the zeal of Catholicism will understand the deeply religious boxer will not have made the claim lightly.

According to the country's largest broadsheet newspaper, Pacquiao revealed at a birthday party held in his honour in General Santos City: "In my 31 years here on earth, God appeared to me once and told me to have unconditional faith in Him. That is true. I was not yet very popular and world champion when our God appeared to me and assured me of strength and power. This is the first time I reveal this ... although I was asked many times what are the secrets that made me very popular and world champion."

Pacquiao, a devout Catholic, told Brian Doogan in The Times last April: "God has given me a gift and it is my duty to share the fruits of this gift with my people." He has done that avidly for years; no one turning up at the gates of his big house asking for help is turned away.

"Would you like to know where I get my strength and power?" Pacquiao asked his birthday guests. The gathering, according to The Inquirer, "yelled, 'Yes!' then fell silent to catch every word he was saying. He said God told him, 'Just trust me, I will not leave you, I will not abandon you.'"

Cynics will say Pacquiao is looking for votes in preparation for his run at Congress in May. The rest of us will merely wonder at the humanity of his people's most remarkable representative.

As for his fight with Floyd Mayweather Jnr in March possibly falling through because the American insists he take blood tests for performance-enhancing drugs, don't worry about it. With $200m at stake, even Jesus would tell him to get on with it.

Hopkins better than Pacquaio?

Boxrec.com over the years has established a reputation as a reliable staple of the boxing business. With records on nearly every professional fighter in the world, updated daily, it is clearly a work of devotion and an invaluable aid for the industry.

But whoever compiled the website's latest pound-pound-for-pound ratings has been at the Christmas sherry.

At the end of a pretty interesting year, Boxrec's No1 is ... Bernard Hopkins, who turns 45 in a couple of weeks' time and whose last fight, his first in 14 months, was a meaningless points win over the limited Enrique Ornelas (29-5) in B-Hop's home town, a fight that scarcely qualifies as an exhibition.

As fine a fighter as he is, Hopkins is a veteran with an idling engine and surely not pound-for-pound better than Pacquiao, who lit up 2009 by knocking out Hatton and destroying Miguel Cotto. Chad Dawson is third (I kid you not) ahead of Mayweather.

Of the 100 fighters rated, just five are British: unbeaten world super-middleweight champion Carl Froch is highest at 23, semi-retired Hatton at 43, the world heavyweight champion David Haye at 48, the rehabilitated Ryan Rhodes at 66 and the world light-welterweight champion Amir Khan at 97.

Who is rated ahead of them?

The troubled Kelly Pavlik, with wins over two ordinary opponents and one refusal against Paul Williams, is rated at 8. The 36-year-old Juan Manuel Márquez, who trades still on his glorious past, obliterating Juan Diaz then losing widely to Mayweather, is at 10. Vic Darchinyan, who lost his unbeaten record in July and won again on 12 December, is rated at 12.

Hatton's inclusion is a nonsense, given what Pacquiao did to him. But how is Anthony Mundine rated eight places above Haye? Is Amir Khan really 10 places worse than the Mexican Edgar Sosa, who was stopped in two rounds a month ago by Rodel Mayol?

My fighter of the year

The fighter who left the biggest impression on me in 2009 was not one of the world superstars, not a world champion (although, with any luck, he might yet do it), but a man who beat more than the guy in the other corner.

Jason "2 Smooth" Booth has had anything but a smooth life. He has known the depths of alcoholism. He slept rough on the streets of Nottingham. And in October, at 31, he turned in the performance of his career, a blistering fifth-round stoppage of Michael Hunter to retain his British super-bantamweight title.

That's a fighter.

Here's to you Mr Robinson

There was only one Sugar Ray Robinson. Plenty of other Robinsons, though, appended Sugar to their name. But not Sweet Jimmy Robinson. He knew his place, such as it was.

Chances are you will not remember him. Wright Thompson, an American sportswriter, had not heard of him until an autograph-hunter contacted him many years ago inquiring if he knew Sweet Jimmy, the only one of Muhammad Ali's 50 opponents, it seems, to disappear from public view without a postscript - or a signature to sell on eBay.

Thompson, intrigued, spent the next six years looking for Sweet Jimmy. He found a photo taken by expatriate British photographer Mickey Brennan for Sports Illustrated in the early 70s and learned that Robinson told Brennan, "Tell [Ali] I ain't doin' too good."

Thompson took Mickey's photo and trawled the shanty towns of Miami, where the fighter had lived and fought and drunk his worries away. He spoke to crack heads and drunks. He listened to one tall story after another. He scoured public records. He couldn't find him. In the end, Thompson was not sure, even, if Robinson were alive.

But he wrote his story for ESPN and, briefly, it is this:

Jimmy got half-famous one February night in 1961 when he stepped in against Ali at the last minute in place of local doormat Willie "Shorty" Gulatt at the Convention Hall in Miami Beach. Unwilling Willie, all 6ft 6-1/2ins of him, derided the $300 he was offered as inadequate. Ali, in his fourth pro fight, earned $800.

Robinson, just another Miami nobody who'd won one and lost two, was outweighed by a stone. He would go on to become a reliable loser, getting stopped 16 times in 32 paid outings. That night in Miami, he took the fight, the $300 as well as Ali's lightning right hand and was dragged away after just 94 seconds. It might have been the biggest purse of his career. And, certainly, it must have been the best minute-and-a-half of his life.

And finally ...

Boxing News, a hundred years old, could hardly have had two more contrasting editors than the late Harry Mullan and Claude Abrams.

Harry was a boulevardier, an Irishman with not just a twinkle in his eye but a blazing klieg light. Claude, who is retiring after 13 years in the chair, to enjoy "a simpler life" and go travelling with his family, is a tee-totaller with a quieter, if no less impressive, presence.

I remember a night in a dodgy bar in Detroit, when we were covering one of Naseem Hamed's fights, and Claude seeing off a large, belligerent drunk with the sort of quiet authority familiar to anyone who knew him.

But Harry and Claude had one quality in common; they always called it as they saw it, resisting all blandishments of managers or promoters. And their judgment of a fight, before and afterwards, was spot on nine times out of 10.

Good luck to Claude's successor, Tris Dixon. Those are mighty big shoes to fill.

Comment

• Steroids , Brittle Hands and Xylocaine connection!!

steroids can reduce bone density and increase the risk of fractures. This occurs quite quickly and even with low doses.

anyways...

this is an interesting thread because pac is always at the receiving end of the bad spectrum so I thought i have to share my mini pharmacology knowledge just to level the playing field LOL

why PBF got brittle hands? why he is using xylocaine to help his brittle hands?
                  does he have something in system?

although not conclusive, let us discuss the scenario.

xylocaine or lidocaine is a known anesthetic drug to numb the pain.. just like when you are having root canal dentist gives you this kind of ****e to tolerate pain. he is shooting this to ease his pain with his fragile bones perhaps.

one interesting note..

lidocaine is a member of COCAINE family..

now the story makes it more intersting.

back before, cocaine is a medicinal drug used by locals in south america to numb pain and get high. as technology progresses, scientist were able to sequence cocaine structure and make a synthetic drug out of it just like xylocaine and lidocaine LOL

accordingly, Cocaine has since been largely replaced in Western medicine by synthetic local anesthetics such as benzocaine, proparacaine, lignocaine/xylocaine/lidocaine, and tetracaine

and as you know...

cocaine is a powerful nervous system stimulant. Its effects can last from 15-30 minutes to an hour, depending upon the method of ingestion.

Cocaine increases alertness, feelings of well-being and euphoria, energy and motor activity, feelings of competence and sexuality. Athletic performance may be enhanced. (wikepedia)

so why is this cocaine drug banned in other states and not in nevada? why floyd doesnt like texas? why floyd loves to use this drug? does he shoot himself with this drugs not only to numb his hand but to stay alert and stay physically reguvinated? do the ex-convicts have mastery of this drug? LOL

do you think the runner and the crackhead family are getting away with this?

is floyd playing poker? LOL who is going to bluff? LOL

fl****s dont blame me LOL

merry x-mas LOL
                  Last edited by mclovin; 12-24-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Mayweather will be taking the test too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                      Mayweather will be taking the test too.
                      how come xylocaine=cocaine is banned in other states and not in nevada?

LOL

is floyd playing poker? is he looking for some bluffing moments?

Comment

Working...
                      X