No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
    I come off that way because unapologetically I think he is full of ****. The tests were fine the way they were, until regulation/legislation is put in place to mandate certain testing procedures, then who the **** is Mayweather to make demands?
    The man fighting Manny Pacquiao, risking his health and livelihood- plain and simple. If situations were reversed, I'd give Floyd just as much **** for not agreeing to be tested; beyond a doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
      The man fighting Manny Pacquiao, risking his health and livelihood- plain and simple. If situations were reversed, I'd give Floyd just as much **** for not agreeing to be tested; beyond a doubt.
      Please when has this mother****er risked anything in the last couple of years? The words "risk" and Mayweather don't get together. Anyway I'm not mad at you, I'm studying for an exam and I'm about to pass out and why didn't he evvvvvveeeer ask for these same tests before? On a side note can someone keep a mic away from Floyd Sr and Roger, we're all dumber for having listened to them speak.
      Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 12-23-2009, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• pacqiuao is ducking...plain and simple....mayweather has agreed to everything...pacquiao is the only one thats holding up this fight.....pacman is a chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
          Apparently you don't know what a press release is, but as I said quotes are attributed in press releases all the time.

It's sort of like a book being written by a ghost writer, and then signed off on by the "Author."

I didn't say that the quote absolutely didn't come from Mayweather, but that I highly doubt it did, basing my assumption off of my reading of the quote and my awareness of the common practice.

And assume whatever the hell you want about Manny. The fact is he has always complied with the commission requirements regarding testing and has always been found clean, as stated by the NSAC commissioner himself. If you want to assume that he's on the juice though because of some baseless claims which originated with FMS himself (a man with a clear conflict of interest, to say nothing of his history) though go right on ahead.

And you apparently think far too highly of your own views if you think your personal opinion on boxing industry practices actually have any barring on the argument at hand.
          Do I think what the fans who pay the salary of boxers and promoters have to say matters? Yes. Not just me, or my opinion- all of ours. We make this sport run, so please stop with that 'you don't matter' angle. We do. Maybe not just me, but the three hundred thousand of me, that might share my opinion- well, we do.

Further, don't belittle me because I'm assuming Floyd might have said that, or that I find it su****ious Manny won't take a test.

Shane Mosley complied with all state commission testing and was doping. Margarito did the same- and was cheating with his hand wrappings; things fall through the cracks; if you have a chance to prevent one such mistake you always should.

Do I think Manny is doping? Check my signature banner; both Floyd and Pacquiao are there. I'm not biased. I want Manny to take the test, pass it, and the fight to go on as planned- I'm not assuming he's doping, but if he won't comply with testing, I do find it unusual.

You obviously aren't a big fan of Floyd or his camp. I see you and some others repeatedly going back to Floyd, Sr. having 'started all this'. I myself, and I know many others, completely ignored those original comments. This drama isn't being created by what Floyd's father said. We all know how he is. The buzz is Manny's refusal- that simple.
          Last edited by Njord777; 12-23-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Please when has this mother****er risked anything in the last couple of years? The words "risk" and Mayweather don't get together. Anyway I'm not mad at you, I'm studying for an exam and I'm about to pass out and why didn't he evvvvvveeeer ask for these same tests before?
            Boxing is a brutal, bloody sport. Don't forget that. Floyd still fights other men for a living. That is a risk- always. Please don't let your hate for him, which I couldn't care less about (I'm not trying to convert you or anything) cloud that realization. All boxers, other than those that cheat, deserve- at the least- our respect for stepping into the ring.

Comment

Do I think what the fans who pay the salary of boxer's and promoter's has to say matters? Yes. Not just me, or my opinion- all of ours. We make this sport run, so please stop with that 'you don't matter' angle. We do. Maybe not just me, but the three hundred thousand of me, that might share my opinion- well, we do.

Further, don't belittle me because I'm assuming Floyd might have said that, or that I find it su****ious Manny won't take a test.

Shane Mosley complied with all state commission testing and was doping. Margarito did the same- and was cheating with his hand wrappings; things fall through the cracks; if you have a chance to prevent one such mistake you always should.

Do I think Manny is doping? Check my signature banner; both Floyd and Pacquiao are there. I'm not biased. I want Manny to take the test, pass it, and the fight to go on as planned- I'm not assuming he's doping, but if he won't comply with testing, I do find it unusual.

You obviously aren't a big fan of Floyd or his camp. I see you and some others repeatedly going back to Floyd, Sr. having 'started all this'. I myself, and I know many others, completely ignored those original comments. This drama isn't being created by what Floyd's father said. We all know how he is. The buzz is Manny's refusal- that simple.

Even Dan Raphael is reporting on espn.com that this all started because of Floyd Sr. Floyd Sr. would know what he started if just went to espn.com. The problem is I'm not even sure if he can spell ESPN or .com.
              Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 12-23-2009, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Boxing is a brutal, bloody sport. Don't forget that. Floyd still fights other men for a living. That is a risk- always. Please don't let your hate for him, which I couldn't care less about (I'm not trying to convert you or anything) cloud that realization. All boxers, other than those that cheat, deserve- at the least- our respect for stepping into the ring.
                I respect his talent...once again he lacks substance.

Comment

Even Dan Raphael is reporting on espn.com that this all started because of Floyd Sr. Floyd Sr. would know what he started if just went to espn.com. The problem is I'm not even sure if he can spell ESPN or read.
                  I've never been a fan of Dan's. ESPN doesn't show boxing much love, and I don't really consider them to have the best writer in the sport. I'd much rather trust the opinion of this website and, say, Jake Donovan - for example. (Not to belittle Dan, a writer who has done more than me, but he's not my favorite.)

Anyway, I don't care who brought the question out into the open - I want it answered now. If Manny complies, and passes the testing, he becomes even easier to root for, no?

Comment

I've never been a fan of Dan's. ESPN doesn't show boxing much love, and I don't really consider them to have the best writer in the sport. I'd much rather trust the opinion of this website and, say, Jake Donovan - for example. (Not to belittle Dan, a writer who has done more than me, but he's not my favorite.)

Anyway, I don't care who brought the question out into the open - I want it answered now. If Manny complies, and passes the testing, he becomes even easier to root for, no?
                    No because again and here is the real question...why should he comply? To assuage those who propagate rumor and innuendo? He hasn't done anything, or been found guilty of any impropriety. Listen if he is like Tiger Woods and a voicemail message to Freddy Roach gets leaked with Pac saying "ahhh Freddy it's Pac can you take my name off your phone and just keep it as a number" then test him, until something...anything comes up that shows a hint of impropriety I would tell the other person to go **** themselves.
                    Last edited by switchsouthpaw; 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• why did someone merge my thread with this? how does people saying "Floyd needs Manny" pissing me off fall under "Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test"? that's 2 different topics man.. y'all could be so quick to "fix" that **** but can't do **** about these spammers and idiots taking up site bandwidth posting up bull****? that's bull**** man..

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
                      pac -cotto sold more than may-marquez. nuff said

pac's being called an all-time great by experts.. floyd isnt

as for you Mr.Nuts you must truly be nuts if you can't see what's happening here, the media created a monster in Manny Pacquiao, the media got the whole world on his ****, the very same media who when he makes a wrong move will bash him and bring down the guy they brought up to begin with..

the media is the reason yo, trust and believe yo you on crack if you rank Pacquiao higher than Floyd in terms of ATG, they both have a legendary resume except Floyd is undefeated, 13 years as a pro and 11 and a half as a world champion, beat everyone in his starting weight and went up and had a great career while Pacquiao been stopped twice, yea he was young and yea he won mad belts in mad divisions but when you compare both fighters overall you're crazy if you think Floyd doesn't surpass Manny, he does and by a lot..

Comment

Working...
                      X