Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol easy work easy money my ass

Comment

• I hope it happens. I heard so many versions that I'm confused. Did Pacquiao agreed to do the test right after the fight? Because if he did he got a point then. Man, I'm crossing my fingers, this fight must happen.

Comment

• theres been demands on both sides...mayweather's is not any bigger than pacs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
          It's about negotiations and the Pac side not giving in to bully tactics imo.

I don't see how Pac's side is throwing away the payday by refusing. You can just as well say Floyd's side is throwing away the payday with their insistence on unusual testing.

It's ridiculous that Floyd's camp should be able to write their own rules. It doesn't matter if you think Olympic-style testing would be beneficial, the industry standard is what matters here. I'm sure there are a lot of factors which would need to be considered by a commission before adopting such a testing regime (were it to be considered) irregardless, the issue of drawing blood immediately before a fight notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, I think this is more posturing in regards to the ongoing negotiations, with the Mayweather side's slanderous and bullying tactics being utterly shameless. It's starting to boarder on libel with the baseless steroid accusations and implementations imo.
          But Floyd didn't request some unheard of, hitherto unknown style of testing. He's using the Olympic testing regime- one which he'll undergo himself. Further, Floyd Jr. himself released a classy quote about hoping Manny will agree to testing, not a slanderous one, so I hope you keep your dislike towards his camp; at least until he crosses a line, too.

Sure, Floyd's dad was slanderous when he accused Manny out the gate; but the testing itself isn't unfair.

I'm not of the opinion that boxing has a great industry standard. There's a reason its been losing popularity, esteem, and its reputation as one of the premier sports. Much of this industry is built on corruption and greed. I think that is safe to say.

My advice to Manny fans; if you think he isn't doping, and this is a bully tactic, hope he takes the test, but uses his anger in the ring.

Comment

• Something That Is Being Said Is VERY Annoying To ME..

on too many different posts and threads on here I read Pacquiao doesn't need Mayweather, Floyd needs Pacquiao..

1st off where in the **** do you get that from? when Pacquiao was getting knocked out 10 years ago and Floyd a champion who needed who? you telling me a guy like Floyd needs Pacquiao? for what? Floyd is the money, most of you aren't even paying to see Manny Pacquiao fight but only to see him be the one to FINALLY close Floyd's mouth, this is why more people will buy this fight now more than any other Pacquiao fight and it isn't because of Pacquiao, people are paying to see Floyd lose not to see Manny win so who needs who?

in 1 fight against him Mayweather outsold both times Pacquiao fought Marquez and Mayweather needs Pacquiao? that's the crock of **** y'all trying to feed me? I mean y'all as in those random cats who feel that way, there's plenty on here man can someone who feels this way please elaborate..

**you guys know yo I'm not a hater nor a nuthugger nor do I make "bait" threads, I rarely ever make threads but I honestly can't see the logic, if anyone needs anyone it's Pac to Floyd not Floyd to Pac**

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
              Various blood tests before the fight including fight week? **** that. No commission does that ****.
              so u wouldn't submit a blood test if you knew u were clean..and it would earn u a cool 25 million?

Comment

Various blood tests before the fight including fight week? **** that. No commission does that ****.
                seriously brah, pac is a cheater because he is not agreeing to a demand by mayweather?

olympic style testing means, correct me if im wrong, random blood work anytime before the fight.

Question;

Do both fighters get randomly tested the same amount of times & at the same time or does fighter a get tested 3x fighter B gets test 4x while fighter A gets tested on a tuesday while fighter B gets tested on a thursday?

This **** is unacceptable & messes up the flow of training.

Comment

Your a ***ing idiot , they both agreed to be tested its Manny saying no to Olympic standard , he is saying no to an official test that is to be done the same for both fighters ,,, all your idiots can talk all the **** ya like , the high up people in this and boxing will be looking very closely at Pac in this because what Floyd is requesting is very fair for both fighters , for Pac to refuse does not look good on Pac at all .

Comment

• What's funny is that Floyds sees himself as unbeatable, then why not just take the fight? What does he leave to lose?

Comment

• I've been hearing the same also. Mayweather can also make money elsewhere. Simply put the sport needs this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X