No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    1)Random tests have been done as the California State Athletic Commission since 2006 has adopted such policy.......and guess what 65 fighters both boxers and MMA fighters were caught who wouldnt be caught under NSAC tests.

2) Sure passing the NSAC tests means you are innocent. Tell that to shane mosley who never tested positive but was later implicated in the balco scandal.

3) many people not only mayweather have accused Pac, why not clear the suspicion? Especially when your opponent is having the same tests done.
    #2 is the main reason why the Olympic style testing is being introduced for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
      Pac wanted the fight at 147 with 8oz gloves and Mayweather agreed, they wanted a 10 million penalty and Mayweather agreed, Mayweather wants drug testing used by the olympics because they don't test for HGH in boxing and Pacquiao says no.

Pacquiao is looking like the one that's avoiding the fight to me. The question is why?
      They agreed to olympic style testing just no blood less than a week before the fight. How is that avoiding the fight?

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      I don't think so Mangler. Hurting a man's image ain't promotion.
      Since when is that below a Mayweather?

Comment

• Olympic style Drug testing is stupid.

First of all, giving blood 24 hours before the fight is idiotic.

Secondly, Who exactly does this drug testing help?? It's most definitely targeted at Pacquiao and only helps Mayweather to psychologically affect Pacquaio's fear of drawing blood through a needle.

Thirdly, Why do the Mayweather's insist on doing a blood check before the fight? An immediate after fight sample would be just as good as a 5 mins before sample, the difference being the mental effect on Pac.

Are the steroids Pac is supposedly taking on a timer? Do they automatically flush out of his system after the last bell?

This drug testing is to aggravate Pacquiao into not being 100% there mentally.

The way *****s are going on about it, it seems like they want to give this to *******s as an excuse after the fight.
        Last edited by ThePunchingBag; 12-23-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Listen,

i can understand if Floyd Senior has extensive knowledge of steroid use. I can truly & honestly say cool he knows, he has inside information, he has experience with steroids.

I can understand if pac was outed by a grand jury or was associated with balco. fine. lets go out of our way & overstep testing that is in place.

I can understand if the boxing brian mcnamee came out & said he has evidence that pac used.

But there's none. NONE AT ALL. thIs Floyd senior trying to somehow save face with how disastrous he looked in training hatton by slandering someone with this baseless accusation.

Add the fact that pac has taken a lot of glory from his son who will fight pac, you have a bitter, spiteful, vindictive, person trying to say or do anything to bring down a fighter.
          Last edited by DonTaseMeBrah; 12-23-2009, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• You nailed it about the casual fans... At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Pacquiao will get raked over the coals for this one, and that will tarnish him with the casual fan. Unfortunately, it will tarnish boxing in the process...

Comment

• So, am I supposed to allow Pacquiao's superstitions to dictate the fight? I like him, so I'm sympathetic, but I'm not going to just allow him not to be tested prior to the fight, while something can be done about doping.

If you argue it's a mental thing; can't we be fair and argue Floyd could be negatively mentally affected if Manny DOESN'T get tested?

I wouldn't let Floyd get away with saying he was superstitious and doing this, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                I don't believe that for a second.

One man is trying to ruin another man's reputation because it's a threat to his own.

That's exactly what's going on.
                What if it all turns around in a week or so and they agree to fight?

Would you blame Manny for taking it?

Comment

• Can't beat/scared of your opponent? defame his image

Something the mayweathers would do. funny how the roid accusation started with a sore loser mayweather sr. i guess i give him props for planting the seed

Comment

• Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
                    How in god's green earth did it come to this? Let me get this straight, Pacquiao who has headlined in 10 Las Vegas fights & NEVER TESTED POSITIVE FOR A SINGLE STEROID IS NOW OFFICIALLY A STEROID USER BECAUSE A TEST THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN AMERICA IS NOW BEING USED & EVEN THOUGH PACQUIAO HAS AGREED TO TESTING BEFORE THE FIGHT & AFTER, ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH?

When did Floyd SENIOR become the jose canseco of boxing & steroids? Does he have experience in using steroids? Does he have any evidence of steroid use? Where is the smoking gun other than a spiteful, bitter, baseless, jealous accusation? Where is the boxing version of brian mcnamee?

If this is started, how will the las vegas boxing commission's tests & crediblity survive? What will happen to future mega fights? Baseless accusations will start & fuel tests that over step the legal boxing commission in the state of nevada? When will it end?

What about the past history of all las vegas fights? They didnt take olympic testing. What about the boxers who tested negative using las vegas testing? Should we brand them as cheaters?

It seems like team mayweather is trying to make Pac jump through endless hoops.

They dont want the fight anywhere but vegas where Fraudulent jr. lives.

They want 10 oz boxing gloves & 154. They sign for 147 where Pacquiao only has 2 fights but Fraudulent jr. has 5 fights. 9 fights 140 & over. Pacquiao one.

They want to fight in march. Pacquiao agrees.

They want olympic style testing with blood draws. Pac has agreed to the blood draw before (30 days) & after the fight.

Why is Pac subjected to a test that is totally different, unrelated to the required test to fight in las vegas? Now he's a cheater because he has never failed the required drug test in vegas but is now branded a cheater for a test that is not even for professional boxing?

What more do you want?

could be more succinct .............although not that brief, what i don't understand is how manny is all the sudden a cheat and if he doesn't abide to mayweathers demands he's not credible?!?!?! what a bunch of crap...
                    Last edited by deuce_drop; 12-23-2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      #2 is the main reason why the Olympic style testing is being introduced for this fight.
                      You'd be right, IF it was the Nevada boxing commission requesting the changes, not an opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X