Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i fail to see how this is all Floyd's fault..

Comment

• Originally posted by Casual View Post
      All because Floyd The Fraud is a *****. **** YOU FLOYD!
      actually its floyd mayweather sr's fault for starting rummors like a lil school girl biitch, but i think he just said it so floyd jr could use it as an excuse not to fight pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        all this Super 6 talk and Amir Khan vs Froch drama...totally missed this one
        i know right...

who cares about this **** when we can talk about valero vs demarco

peter vs arreola

mosley vs berto

i mean cmon

these are the REAL fights

just put manny vs floyd on one of the undercards

Comment

• why doesn't pac just take the tests? I don't get it.

Both sides are being too proud, and depriving fans, if they truly cancelled the fight.

Which I don't believe anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
            In every fight a member of each rival camp observes the handwrapping. It's not a case of the commissions failing to detect it. It's also an entirely separate issue. I don't think you could suggest that there is a scientific test for determining loaded gloves, such as a urinalysis or post-fight blood test, though I don't want to dwell on this (I see the two cases as not very comparable, really).

The rest of your post is very debatable. The idea of a national commission, though prominently lobbied for by the not-so-politically-astute Teddy Atlas, does not account for the fact that boxing is in fact an international sport, that boxing is unique when compared to other mainstream sports, or that each of the so-called 'national commissions' of other sports (NBA/NFL/etc.) are in fact private corporations, and the associated sports teams are franchises. The model is not at all compatible with boxing, and the closest example I can point to is the UFC, which treats fighters like whores and seeks to own the rights to their very careers (the WEC model would be another (imperfectly) comparable model).

Without dwelling on this issue, the present state, while anything but ideal, is not amendable simply by drawing up a national commission out of thin air (John McCain was behind legislation to do so however, the same John McCain who was behind legislation to ban MMA and who famously labeled it "human **** fighting," a label which still sticks. Conflict of interest? You all can decide).

As for the issue of testing, I guess the MLB and NFL are very advanced right?

I'd get back to topic, but I don't know what the hell it was I was talking about.
            I agree with much of that.

The state commissions are the ones responsible for ensuring hand wraps are legal, though. A member of the opposing corner is allowed into the dressing room to oversee this procedure, but it shouldn't be on their shoulders to ensure every aspect of the fight is legit. That is the whole reason we have commissions. In the case of Antonio Margarito, more than likely, the state athletic commissions failed to catch a fighter cheating, i.e. the industry standard failed.

It was only when Richardson placed that added scrutiny, while not unheard of in this case, that the illegal actions were caught.

My point is that the boxing commissions have failed before. I can't agree that just because the standard, up to this point, is not to have random blood tests, that its the correct way to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
              why doesn't pac just take the tests? I don't get it.

Both sides are being too proud, and depriving fans, if they truly cancelled the fight.

Which I don't believe anyway
              why should he???

never in the history of boxing has anyone had to, but since floyd says "jump", manny has to say "how high"

gtfo

people are acting like the NSAC isnt going to test manny ever... its always been enough before, but now all of the sudden its not??

Comment

• Of Course Pacquiao is on Steroids...so is everyone else.

Drugs, Supplements, Dietary pills, Caffeine...all that stuff are enhancements, or stimulants. Of course it's good for the body (some of them), but there's a fine line between strengthening the body and over stimulating it. Now, there are certain levels of supplements; injecting steroids is the extreme. However, anything consumed for nutritious value in the form of a pill that can't be gotten from natural fruits and vegetables, is an additive which may be interpreted as a "steroid." Unnatural nutrition is what i'd like to call it.

I'm not saying that vitamins and supplements are bad, it's just that if a person wants to be completely clean and free without any equivocation or skeptisim, especially athletes, then they should stick to natural and organic produce.

If Mayweather says he never took a pill a day in his life, well you really can't argue with that. All athletes are subject to physicals and tests and screenings, so it's irrelevant who's on what. Cus, come people get caught and others seep through the cracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                  why should he???

never in the history of boxing has anyone had to, but since floyd says "jump", manny has to say "how high"

gtfo

people are acting like the NSAC isnt going to test manny ever... its always been enough before, but now all of the sudden its not??
                  never in the history of boxing has anyone charged 10 million ****ing dollars a lb either.

Find me an instance of that.

This isn't about whats happened before, and been sanctioned before. This fight is gonna break new grounds and precedents, and yes men and excuse makers have to accept that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
                    Drugs, Supplements, Dietary pills, Caffeine...all that stuff are enhancements, or stimulants. Of course it's good for the body (some of them), but there's a fine line between strengthening the body and over stimulating it. Now, there are certain levels of supplements; injecting steroids is the extreme. However, anything consumed for nutritious value in the form of a pill that can't be gotten from natural fruits and vegetables, is an additive which may be interpreted as a "steroid." Unnatural nutrition is what i'd like to call it.

I'm not saying that vitamins and supplements are bad, it's just that if a person wants to be completely clean and free without any equivocation or skeptisim, especially athletes, then they should stick to natural and organic produce.

If Mayweather says he never took a pill a day in his life, well you really can't argue with that. All athletes are subject to physicals and tests and screenings, so it's irrelevant who's on what. Cus, come people get caught and others seep through the cracks.
                    U r an ******* manny is not on steroids, it is white rice

Comment

• So much about EASY MONEY,EASY WORK!

what a coward FLOYD is.

He is backin out of biggest fight ever cuz he knows that he cant beat PAC.

Comment

Working...
                      X