No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
    If Mayweather didn't want to be subjected to this testing regime he would simply not be ordering it now wouldn't he.

Mayweather doesn't have the right to write his own rules. It is a matter of negotiation, not one side dictating the terms to the other.
    I assume you didnt understand the statement.....

IF PAC ODERED the test and MAYWEATHER declined as PAC is in fact doing people would be doing the same thing....

As for the testing, ANY fighter has the right. Its all up to the guys in the ring fighting.

THEY can do as they please. It is there right if they want to "AGREE" on taking more tests. Why wouldnt Pac agree to it if he has nothing to hide? Its not a big deal now is it????

Like I said if someone else requested that Mayweather was taking drugs and declined it everyone would be doing the same to him.....

If anything this should be a compliment to Pac if in fact he does not take roids.

Comment

• I think Pac is clean and his team is just waiting for Floyd Sr. to step-in to his solid accusations against Pac so Pac legal advisers have something to use as evidence against Floyd Sr. in court, and finally Pac yielded for blood test after court requires it and at last will show he is negative to illegal substance, and "bingo", Floyd Sr. will be guilty of defamation! and will pay millions dollars as a result! It is more likely as 1 stone , two birds!.

Pac said,he will agree for Olympic style blood test but one will be after the fight, and I don't understand why the Floyd camp wont agree to this. Pac win or lose will be tested for an Olympic style blood test after the fight. if fight wins, and after the fight will b tested positive of illegal substance then they wil strips off his title and be given to Floyd, plus his winning will be nullify as lose, so what's wrong on this????

Since Pac admitted it would leave psycholgical effect on him for blood test that conducted days within the range against his belief, so why Floyd camp capialized on this??? Does these illegal substances will disappear right after the fight since this what Floyd afraid of?

Comment

• I'm laughing my ass off reading all these post of Pac fans defending him. Remember Pac is their pride and joy. That's all they have. And to think their little baby is juicin' is driving them crazy.

So what do they do in response? They just start attacking Floyd making it look like he's the one juicin or something. I'm so glad the Mayweather's camp brought this is up. The Mayweather's camp aren't the only people that think something was fishy. I, along with many people I know, thought something just didn't seem right.

I just couldn't believe that so many Pac fans didn't even think it was a possibility. That's what blew me away. The Pac fans are so brainwashed that they think he's a perfect angel. I'm a big Yankees and A-Rod fan and when the story broke about A-Rod using roids I always had it in the back of my head that there was always a possibility he was. I'm not that naive like Pac fans, LOL.

But like I said, Pac fans are on prayer mode right now hoping that this isn't true. This would be devastating to a nation of people. If if was Floyd no one would care but since it's Pac he can smear the reputation of a country. And if you don't think so, remember Pac is the Philippines representative in this world today. Everytime he wins he's greated back like a king. He personifies what the Philippines is about. But get ready for the scandal. But no need to worry, the Philippines are use to scandals. LOL

Comment

• Floyds legendary status can grow with this testing demand..

Floyd's legendary status can grow with this testing demand. With Floyd's status in the boxing world along with Pacquiao's, this Olympic style testing can have an impact on the boxing world and can open eyes to how relaxed the current testing is.

Floyd can be the "spearhead" in a movement that might change the whole testing process. If that does happen, then Floyd will add to his legend by basically changing boxing. It will be historical.

I hope other boxers with big names decide to step forward and agree with the Olympic testing for two reasons, to advance the safety in out sport, and to basically clean the sport up and block out the cheaters.
          I don't know how a love for a fighter will blind one to what is best for boxing itself.
          Last edited by Dondi33O; 12-23-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• dude I didnt even think about that...omg Floyd is soooo legend
            Last edited by wXh..; 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• I smell something fishy going on

For everybody that didn,t read the article, roach said: He would let manny take the test all the way up to 1 week before the fight and after so why is that a problem??? Looks like floyd isn,t ready for the fight this soon... Plain and simple... If i give blood a week before the fight and after in span of 1 week then what,s the fckin problem???

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                I assume you didnt understand the statement.....

IF PAC ODERED the test and MAYWEATHER declined as PAC is in fact doing people would be doing the same thing....

As for the testing, ANY fighter has the right. Its all up to the guys in the ring fighting.

THEY can do as they please. It is there right if they want to "AGREE" on taking more tests. Why wouldnt Pac agree to it if he has nothing to hide? Its not a big deal now is it????

Like I said if someone else requested that Mayweather was taking drugs and declined it everyone would be doing the same to him.....

If anything this should be a compliment to Pac if in fact he does not take roids.
                That's a bit hypothetical (in that I don't see this situation arising from Pac's side), but if Pac's side was unilaterally demanding such claims based on some unsubstantiated rumor attributed to Manny's own camp, and refusing to acknowledge offerings by Floyd's camp to meet halfway, based on concerns expressed from the very start by Floyds trainer about potential adverse affects, psychological or otherwise, of drawing blood close to the fight (a circumstance which is extremely unusual in professional boxing), and then Manny's promotional team ran to the press with slanderous press releases disguised as journalism, from which a multitude of similar stories spun-off of, then sure I would criticize, though most of all for the slanderous aspects (which I have also been most critical of in this case).

Comment

• take the test pac.

what good would it be to take it right after the fight, oooooook so we'd have to wait until after either fighter won to find out if A: mayweather beat a roided pac or B: a roided pac beat mayweather, or C: it was all hype and manny passed the test.

That would not only tarnish money's record but manny's achievements (and easily his pretend political career).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
                    So what exactly gives Floyd the right to dictate terms as such? Can you give me a single case in which such a testing regime has been used prior to a professional boxing match?

Floyd acting like a commissioner is what is unreasonable, the tests themselves having nothing to do with it. If you would like to argue for a reform of anti-doping regulations in professional boxing then that is a topic for another thread. Floyd is just a fighter. He doesn't have a right to change the rules going into a fight. It's that simple really.
                    No I can't but that doesn't mean it shouldn't!!! he has a right to request proper drug testing. he afterall is the 1 taking the punches.

The FUSS should be why is Pacquaio is unwilling too! that is what u should be trippin about, not Floyd's request!

Comment

• Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
                      I think Pac is clean and his team is just waiting for Floyd Sr. to step-in to his solid accusations against Pac so Pac legal advisers have something to use as evidence against Floyd Sr. in court, and finally Pac yielded for blood test after court requires it and at last will show he is negative to illegal substance, and "bingo", Floyd Sr. will be guilty of defamation! and will pay millions dollars as a result! It is more likely as 1 stone , two birds!.

Pac said,he will agree for Olympic style blood test but one will be after the fight, and I don't understand why the Floyd camp wont agree to this. Pac win or lose will be tested for an Olympic style blood test after the fight. if fight wins, and after the fight will b tested positive of illegal substance then they wil strips off his title and be given to Floyd, plus his winning will be nullify as lose, so what's wrong on this????

Since Pac admitted it would leave psycholgical effect on him for blood test that conducted days within the range against his belief, so why Floyd camp capialized on this??? Does these illegal substances will disappear right after the fight since this what Floyd afraid of?
                      u can't sue somebody for giving an opinion!

Comment

Working...
                      X