Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do sparring partners get paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do sparring partners get paid?

or do they ever get paid at all? besides travel expense of course

does the amount of pay depend if they are champs/elite fighters like the fighter they'll be sparring with?

Depends who you are sparring with. If you are sparring a big name fighter and giving them good work you could get paid decent money. If you are sparring some can you probably get nothing.

Comment

eleventy thousand

Comment

Depends where your at, fighters don't tend to pay out huge fees and instead use young prospects or old past it fighters (Pac with Porter,Castillo). If Pac brings in Bradley I suspect he'd be paying quite a bit, same with Mayweather with Judah.

Comment

Would a fighter spar for 10k? Yeah a small time fighter for sure. Would a big name champ spar for less than 100k? I doubt it unless it's their own gym. Sometimes they are gym **** and spar for free

Comment

I remember seeing an interview where I believe Oliver Mcall was being paid $2,000 a week to spar with Lennox Lewis. I’m not sure if those numbers were actual but it was stated.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by DontHitMyNuts View Post
              or do they ever get paid at all? besides travel expense of course

does the amount of pay depend if they are champs/elite fighters like the fighter they'll be sparring with?
              they get nothing. Only food and water and bandages if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs077 View Post
                they get nothing. Only food and water and bandages if needed.
                Did you watch boxing in the 1910's?

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                  Depends where your at, fighters don't tend to pay out huge fees and instead use young prospects or old past it fighters (Pac with Porter,Castillo). If Pac brings in Bradley I suspect he'd be paying quite a bit, same with Mayweather with Judah.
                  It's usually not easy to get a prime fighter to spar with another for strategic reasons.Oscar could use Shane because they were together in Golden Boy.Many people have tried to use Joshua Clottey including Cotto but Clottey wouldnt take it.If there is a possibility the sparring figher could fight his sparring mate then the sparring partner wont take it.Roach wants Bradley but it's unlikely Bradley will accept that.Khan could take it because he's trained by Roach but Warren might bloke it this time around because Manny has already expressed a desire to fight Khan.

Usually prospects are used as sparring partners for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    I remember seeing an interview where I believe Oliver Mcall was being paid $2,000 a week to spar with Lennox Lewis. I’m not sure if those numbers were actual but it was stated.

Peace.
                    For a star of Pacquiao's largesse, sparring partners make about $1,000 dollars a week plus room and board, traditionally paid for by the trainer out of pocket. As a bonus, Freddie Roach has a well-publicized claim that any sparring partner who knocks Pacquiao down will receive $1,000. Despite the relative stability afforded, this job is not particularly conducive to marriage and has other perils, not least of which is the infliction of a paralyzing docility known as "sparring partner syndrome," a nearly incurable disease of a fighter's heart. For some, however, it can be more instructive, as it served Amir Khan, who sparred with Pacquiao prior to becoming the WBA junior welterweight champion. Antillon is among the current crop hoping to uphold such tradition.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/200...-partners.html

Heavyweights make more.Vitali Klitschko's guys stay in 5 star hotels and make quite tonnes of money.It all depends on who is hired,some make over £11k a week

Comment

Working...
                    X